• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2: Fighter Pack 1 revealed (Starfire, Red Hood, Subzero announced as DLC)

Hystzen

Did they get out? I only read the story where Superman injured Connor and force them all to stay in the Phantom Zone.

I think they still dumped in Phantom Zone i think Connor went to fight supes on his will and then Tim n rest turned up. So maybe no one knows about them being in phantom zone or it be showed in next series that due to start

That's what the last Injustice was missing, even more MK characters.

And Red Hood, cause of course NRS would. Not to mention he's another batman character.

It's funny how we have roughly half of a viable roster for a Batman fighting game.
A 3rd you mean?

I ain't happy about the Batman overload than the next guy but I can see it's a great business decision

Plus Redhood is one of the most requested

Ryce

It's funny how we have roughly half of a viable roster for a Batman fighting game.
2018 DLC leaked!

Nightwing
Batgirl
Ra's al Ghul - mystic scimitar fighter with smoke teleports and assassin assists
Penguin - fences with the pointy end of his umbrella, judo throws, umbrella machine gun, umbrella hover, etc.
Two-Face - coin flip power-up, coin flip ricochet shot, Tommy gun and other classic mobster stuff
Riddler - fights with a cane, lays traps on the ground, etc.
Killer Croc - big grappler with biting and claw attacks
Clayface - big brawler who morphs his limbs into weapons and can transform into other characters
Huntress - crossbow user

Village

People like Roman too.

But he didn't get pushed out the ass like roman.

The opposite. They literally killed him, then they bought him back, and a bunch of people liked him.

You can't use the roman/lightning meme with characters who didn't get this gigantic push that people genuinely liked and the push they did get is because people like them. You can't just use a meme on a character you aren't fond of.

That's not how this meme works. That's not how any of this works.

If we don't value memes, what do we have left?

Compbros

A 3rd you mean?

I ain't happy about the Batman overload than the next guy but I can see it's a great business decision

Batman, Robin, Joker, Quinn, Ivy. Scarecrow as DLC, Red Hood/Freeze as skins. Who's complaining a ton? To have 9 outta 32 and speculation of 2 more it's just super frustrating to people that are fans of DC but not Batman like myself.

Razmos

2018 DLC leaked!

Nightwing
Batgirl
Ra's al Ghul - mystic scimitar fighter with smoke teleports and assassin assists
Penguin - fences with the pointy end of his umbrella, judo throws, umbrella machine gun, umbrella hover, etc.
Two-Face - coin flip power-up, coin flip ricochet shot, Tommy gun and other classic mobster stuff
Riddler - fights with a cane, lays traps on the ground, etc.
Killer Croc - big grappler with biting and claw attacks
Clayface - big brawler who morphs his limbs into weapons and can transform into other characters
Huntress - crossbow user
Huntress is dead

conpfreak

I was going to pre-order this, but I'll wait until the holidays for the sales. I am absolutely not doing the Mortal Kombat X situation again, with core content intentionally left out the base game to fill in DLC packs. Nope. Game looks awesome though.

Compbros

I was going to pre-order this, but I'll wait until the holidays for the sales. I am absolutely not doing the Mortal Kombat X situation again, with core content intentionally left out the base game to fill in DLC packs. Nope. Game looks awesome though.

Do people still think games are worked on until the second they hit gold? There's tons of certification and processes they have to go through before the game hits retailers. The main game will be finished several weeks if not months before release and what are devs supposed to do in the time they wait for their game to come out? Twiddle their thumbs? That's where you work on the dreaded "day one patch" and get dlc heavily worked on.

SFxT was withheld content.

Alienous

DC stands for Detective Comics, and guess who's running that show?

You all are lucky Batman didn't take the whole thing over. He could.

Batman, Robin, Joker, Quinn, Ivy. Scarecrow as DLC, Red Hood/Freeze as skins. Who's complaining a ton? To have 9 outta 32 and speculation of 2 more it's just super frustrating to people that are fans of DC but not Batman like myself.
Cmon you can't count a skin as a character!!!

In that case Reverse Flash, PowerGirl, John Stewart and that Cyborg changes the math

Edit: my bad

Misread

Yeah I agree with you that be better

Village

DC stands for Detective Comics, and guess who's running that show?

You all are lucky Batman didn't take the whole thing over. He could.

Eh depends on the era , superman was running the show untill the 90's. And he still kind of is.

If they at any point make a good superman movie, and screw up a batman movie near each other it will be the same shit

SpaceWolf

Banned
The Joker being included? Despite the fact he's inarguably the most famous supervillain of all time? Impossible!

Harley Quinn being included? Despite the fact she's become the most popular female character in all the DC Universe? Absurd!

Red Hood being included? Despite the fact he was among the most requested characters by DC fans for both the original game and now the sequel? Ridiculous!

Just why do they keep including all these extremely popular, incredibly profitable Batman characters? I can't for the life of me figure it out!

Sad how a day one suddenly dropped to "wait for GOTY" edition.
DLC had been announced for months now including pre order DLC and NRS has done this with every single one of their modern games so might as well "wait for GOTY" for every fighting game moving forward because this ain't going away.

Santar

Hmm that silhouette to the right of Black Manta looks an awful like

Considering Boon tweeted a picture of Conan O'Brien that's my bet.

While I'd love for it to be Conan the character shadow seems to have some pointy ears on the head which doesn't really fit.

Chindogg

While I'd love for it to be Conan the character shadow seems to have some pointy ears on the head which doesn't really fit.

How pointy?

conan-the-barbarian.jpg

33113-2471-36968-1-conan-the-barbarian.jpg

(FYI Conan is public domain so don't mind the Marvel comics)

Hmm that silhouette to the right of Black Manta looks an awful like

Considering Boon tweeted a picture of Conan O'Brien that's my bet.

Um...if he tweeted a picture of Conan O'Brien, then it's probably not Conan the Barbarian/Destroyer, but the Flaming C:

screen-shot-2010-12-10-at-9.55.28-am.jpeg

If you don't watch Conan, Bruce Timm and WB Animation created Conan O'Brien as a superhero based on O'Brien's input, which included him wearing fishnets, holding an oven mitt, and sporting a jai alai cesta on the other arm (I believe that's the name for the equipment you catch a jai alai pelota in...)

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked (really, more thoroughly amused) were the Flaming C to be part of the DLC lineup.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sad how a day one suddenly dropped to "wait for GOTY" edition.

You weren't going to buy this day one anyway. No one making comments similar to this was either.

The initial announcement of this game included the announcement of the season pass and ultimate edition. They are actually showing some of what it is in it. This is the total opposite of Capcom's Season Passes or Tekken 7's up to this point.

These are pretty much shitposts.

Pretty unsurprising and widely speculated. Still cool.

Red hood's helmet looks wierd af though.

Really don't need Raiden :/. Black Manta gettin his due though.

Please no Grundy either.

RootCause

DLC had been announced for months now including pre order DLC and NRS has done this with every single one of their modern games so might as well "wait for GOTY" for every fighting game moving forward because this ain't going away.
I don't get that mentality eaither. Why not boycott every game then. Not only does every fighter do it, but even games like Zelda, RDR, GTA, Smash, Horizon, Uncharted, and Mario Kart are doing it.
It all reeks of NRS hating.

I'm glad they're being upfront about what you're getting. Unlike other devs.

kurahador

Why do they keep adding MK character in Injustice? What a waste of slot.

If you want to add someone unexpected, just choose someone from Doom Patrol or Watchmen. Not the most boring and overexposed MK character.

Sesha

I would love if Flaming C was a DLC character and would buy whatever DLC pack instantly. A premium skin of Superman would work too.

A 3rd you mean?

No, I mean half. I'm speaking about a hypothetical Batman fighting game, not commenting on the ratio of Bat characters in IJ2.

Huntress is dead

Didn't stop Green Arrow, Joker and Scarecrow.

LiK

Pretty unsurprising and widely speculated. Still cool.

Red hood's helmet looks wierd af though.

Really don't need Raiden :/. Black Manta gettin his due though.

Please no Grundy either.

His helmet is basically a hard mask these days. People seem to like that look more. Don't worry, plenty of alt gear for you to change out.

I would love if Flaming C was a DLC character and would buy whatever DLC pack instantly. A premium skin of Superman would work too.

No, I mean half. We have eleven Bat characters, and I would expect to see at least Superman and Wonder Woman. That's thirteen, so roughly half.

Didn't stop Green Arrow, Joker and Scarecrow.
11?

Batman
Robin
Ivy
Joker
Bane
Scarecrow
Harley
Catwomen
Deadshot (who is arguably not considered a Batman char but to avoid argument sakes I will count him)
I assume you are counting RedHood so that's 10 who is the 11th

And counting the revealed DLC the game is at 32 chars

I don't think 10 is half of 32

Edit: I missed you edited in the "Hypothetical" part

His helmet is basically a hard mask these days. People seem to like that look more. Don't worry, plenty of alt gear for you to change out.

Yeah for sure, there will probably even be a mask less version.

I'm not a huge fan of the character but I absolutely hate his new 52 helmet design that some artists draw, with the mouth drawn on.

I like his featureless mask, the arkham version was pretty well done.

Top Bottom