• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2: Fighter Pack 1 revealed (Starfire, Red Hood, Subzero announced as DLC)

Munty

Neo Member
I think the one on the right of Manta is Mr. Freeze. Enchantress is probably the one on the right of Raiden.

Arkeband

Banned
Selling a product is a horrible practice? You'll be boycotting this release right?

Selling less of a product each time and getting people to pay many times the original amount just to unlock all playable characters in a fighting game is some predatory shit. But as long as you've got people like this defending greedy, anti-consumer decisions because they've been beaten down over time to accept it, this will continue to get worse.

We all laughed at horse armor once upon a time but somewhere there was a guy going "Take my money", and that's what developers wanted to hear.

Want a full* game? 99.99 please!

*For the first year

Here's where I'm at right now.

ceWYLMF.png

Those are good ideas, too bad they used Sub-Zero instead of Red Arrow/Arsenal.

dawgparty

That seems about right.

For the final missing 'Black Panther'-esque silhouette I'm wondering who it could be.

Bronze Tiger?:

latest

Wildcat? :

Wildcat_grant.jpg

It's probably not Black Spider.

Hmm...

Isn't there a snake guy in DC with a headdress that sorta looks like that?

Riot Games has supported League of Legends probably more than any other company ever has done for a game during 7 years.

It is a free to play game that started from absolute nothingness and didn't need to rely on terrible practices like Warner Bros does when they "support" their games for 2ish years and leave the game to die when they've sucked all of the money out of it and they want to promote the new one.

Plenty of studios support their games much better than Warner Bros and in a way that is never detrimental for the consumer. Take a look at Blizzard too. Look at KI or SFV even.

LoL isn't even the same genre, so it wouldn't be fair. I don't like A LOT of WB's practices (Arkham Origins, Knight, etc.,), but nothing they've shown for Injustice 2 is any different than what's been done for Killer Instinct, SFV, et al. They've been done with the game for a while, and people like to expand their roster.

Skilletor

Selling less of a product each time and getting people to pay many times the original amount just to unlock all playable characters in a fighting game is some predatory shit. But as long as you've got people like this defending greedy, anti-consumer decisions because they've been beaten down over time to accept it, this will continue to get worse.

We all laughed at horse armor once upon a time but somewhere there was a guy going "Take my money", and that's what developers wanted to hear.

*For the first year

This is no different than it has ever been for a fighting game. Now we don't have to buy new discs or cartridges.

Except for the preorder DLC character. That's scummy as fuck.

LowRoller

*For the first year
Please explain how they're selling less of product? This game has a bigger roster than the last game, a expanded story mode and the multiverse mode which looks so much better than towers. Not to mention all the gear options and rpg elements that come with it.

dan2026

Shouldn't they at least wait til the game is out before revealing the dlc characters?

That way is doesn't look quite so bad.
What does showing them now achieve other than rifling people up?

Village

I hate that starfire design .... people should do something closer to teen titans cartoon

This seems to be a fairly common response, TT has always been popular in each generation its existed in. This one is probably much more familiar with both cartoons, and the animated movies, than even the new 52 stint of star fire. But odds are you will can make her look like that

delSai

Shouldn't they at least wait til the game is out before revealing the dlc characters?

That way is doesn't look quite so bad.
What does showing them now achieve other than rifling people up?

They are showing people what they get for buying the Digital Deluxe/Ultimate Edition and Season Pass.

dan2026

Personally I think you would have to be mad to ever buy a season pass for a game.
This whole thing is a clusterfuck to me.

Spy

I think you've missed a few posts.

Anyways, if waiting 2 or whatever years to get the complete edition counts as boycotting then I guess so. I did that for Injustice 1 and for some reason didn't for MKX and regret it. Never again.

Riot Games has supported League of Legends probably more than any other company ever has done for a game during 7 years.

It is a free to play game that started from absolute nothingness and didn't need to rely on terrible practices like Warner Bros does when they "support" their games for 2ish years and leave the game to die when they've sucked all of the money out of it and they want to promote the new one.

Plenty of studios support their games much better than Warner Bros and in a way that is never detrimental for the consumer. Take a look at Blizzard too. Look at KI or SFV even.

It's an exaggeration.
SFV is the most anti-consumer game of this generation. The fight money you get by playing all of the single player content will net you 4 or 5 characters at most. Let's say you bypass that by purchasing the season pass, it's locked to your and only your account forever. Other users on your PS4 can't access it, if you make a new PSN name you're out of luck, if you try playing at someone's house and the servers are down (which happens a lot), can't access them either. And don't get me started on all of the stages they sell, some for as much as $10 each.

I really wish they had just sold a new revision for $40 every year and a half with all of the content like they used to do.

Village

This might be a controversial opinion, but in a game with 80 zillion free costume pieces as a core game mechanic, I really don't feel the initial outfits actually matter very much as long as they have good choices in there somewhere.

I guess it does impact the campaign, which might be the primary focus for a lot of people, but I'm not sure if DLC characters show up in that.

That said, this is by no means a suggestion to stop complaining. Feel free to keep complaining. You should always feel happy to speak out when you don't like something.

This and tekken, even if I hated a single tekken outfit besides lucky cloe's, there are so much customization in these games hard to be mad.

Its not like GG or SF where one as far as I know... doesn't even have different outfits at all. And the other has lopsided amounts where some characters still doesn't have a single good outfit

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Why should they do that if they're selling a season pass?

As he said, the games not out yet. Forget buying season passes before you know whats in them, do people buy them before the games even out? Whats the rush?

Ill be waiting for the complete edition next year. Not a hardcore fan of NRS.

RootCause

Announcing =/= not working on.

I wouldn't buy it at all.
Then why are you complaining? This is clearly the best approach for season pass dlc. There being clear, about the content they plan on releasing. Unlike some other companies that asks for $20 without telling you anything for two or three months.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Ed Boon stressed in an interview the other day that the DLC list is essentially going to be comprised of the most requested characters by fans. He said something along the lines of "If there's a popular character the fans have been asking for, chances are they'll be there".

Characters like Azarel, Bronze Tiger, Wildcat wouldn't really fit that mold.

Magwik

Banned
Shouldn't they at least wait til the game is out before r
Outside of GAF, you'll never hear anyone complain about announcing DLC after the game has gone gold. Any game that has a DLC announcement it is constantly the same sentiment "Why are they announcing this before the game is out? I'll wait for the real edition next year" etc. Nobody cares and just want to know more about what's coming and such. For example if the DLC doesn't interest you or if it does, that can determine if the game is a priority purchase or not.

This seems to be a fairly common response, TT has always been popular in each generation its existed in. This one is probably much more familiar with both cartoons, and the animated movies, than even the new 52 stint of star fire. But odds are you will can make her look like that
Nobody reads comics.
Have you seen Street Fighters sales figures? Because lol

Street Fighter is struggling for reasons that are not DLC related.

Alienous

Personally I think you would have to be mad to ever buy a season pass for a game.
This whole thing is a clusterfuck to me.

I've never really understood the appeal - Season Passes only made sense when I had the misconception that they were only available for a short time after release, as a "trust us for a discount" deal.

I guess it's an overall discount on the content. So if you like the revealed DLC you can buy the Season Pass to get that DLC, and all upcoming DLC too. If you buy one seperately, without the DLC pass, you're taking the risk that you end up buying all of the DLC for more money.

Ed Boon stressed in an interview the other day that the DLC list is essentially going to be comprised of the most requested characters by fans. He said something along the lines of "If there's a popular character the fans have been asking for, chances are they'll be there".

Characters like Azarel, Bronze Tiger, Wildcat wouldn't really fit that mold.

I thought Azrael was somewhat popular.

Hystzen

Only think im sad about is all the DC characters could use but end up with more MK characters i mean 1 guest alright but now 2 ugh

vg260

They plan to support the game with new content over time. Things like this require some sort of development roadmap and advance planning. That's just the reality of something that requires time and resources to develop. The content is going to come out regardless of when they announce it, and some people will be upset regardless of how they announce due to the perception that they bought a game, but don't get "everything".

Arkeband

Banned
I've never really understood the appeal - Season Passes only made sense when I had the misconception that they were only available for a short time after release, as a "trust us for a discount" deal.

I guess it's an overall discount on the content. So if you like the revealed DLC you can buy the Season Pass to get that DLC, and all upcoming DLC too. If you buy one seperately, without the DLC pass, you're taking the risk that you end up buying all of the DLC for more money.

Or SFV's route of slowly morphing the terminology from "season pass" to "character pass" to get away with only giving players some of the DLC, since they need to double dip on whales that will buy anything.

NEO0MJ

Only think im sad about is all the DC characters could use but end up with more MK characters i mean 1 guest alright but now 2 ugh

It's similair to what happened with MKX. First season pass had 1 guest and then the 2nd pass had 2. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the character next to Raiden was a female MK character. WB just wants them to follow the money.
What's disappointing here though is that if we already have an idea of how these guests will play. At least with MK the guests had new movesets.

Skilletor

Or SFV's route of slowly morphing the terminology from "season pass" to "character pass" to get away with only giving players some of the DLC, since they need to double dip on whales that will buy anything.

MKX did this, tho.

I know SF5 is everybody's favorite whipping boy, but awesome single player content isn't NRS' only contribution to fighting games.

dan2026

They plan to support the game with new content over time. Things like this require some sort of development roadmap and advance planning. That's just the reality of something that requires time and resources to develop. The content is going to come out regardless of when they announce it, and some people will be upset regardless of how they announce due to the perception that they bought a game, but don't get "everything".
I know that dlc characters are being made and worked on prior to game release.

I just think it's a bad look, that pisses people off, to show what looks like completed dlc characters before the game is even out.

It just looks bad. That's all.

Village

Also

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

JASON YOU FUCKS. LETS GO. RED HOOD.

Nobody reads comics..

Now that's not true. But in this case they made a super popular cartoon that sort of ruined what they wanted to do with some characters. Except for cyborg, cyborg is a Leauge member now, DC wants him bat. They want black robotmen on the squad

Hystzen

It's similair to what happened with MKX. First season pass had 1 guest and then the 2nd pass had 2. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the character next to Raiden was a female MK character. WB just wants them to follow the money.
What's disappointing here though is that if we already have an idea of how these guests will play. At least with MK the guests had new movesets.

MK had fun guests because having horror icons is kind of fun see how they change into fighting characters. Where as here it supposed be a comic brawler instead it morphing into MK vs DC each game

vg260

I just think it's a bad look, that pisses people off, to show what looks like completed dlc characters before the game is even out.

Some people might think it's a bad look like this, and some people would be upset if they bought the game and then DLC were announced later, feeling cheated they didn't wait for a GOTY edition. It's kind of a lose-lose in terms of announcing it.

Lothars

It's just a bad move though, MK is fine having horror guest characters and even one MK character is fine multiple isn't. If I am playing a Injustice game I want comic book characters as the DLC, I don't want MK characters.

Spy

Don't forget that it's all locked to the account of the person that bought it and others on a primary PS4 can't even access it.

Toni

Hyped for Manta. Will probably wait for the Ultimate Edition as Tekken is too close to this and I don't think my friends will play it much if at all.

Is that you, Janet Jackson?

After her many surgeries, Janet wishes she could look like that.

Have they shown full gameplay of those characters or do you consider a CG trailer and standing in place to be completed characters?

Show people what they get in a season pass and they complain, dont show people what they get in a season pass and they complain, dont have a season pass and charge more for each bit of DLC and people complain.

Top Bottom