• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SykoTech

Neat stuff. Looking forward to both.

Curious about Doomsday and Raven being left out though. But I guess it is a little too early to reveal everyone.

TDLink

Neat stuff. Looking forward to both.

Curious about Doomsday and Raven being left out though. But I guess it is a little too early to reveal everyone.

I am still betting both will be playable so I wouldn't be worried. There just aren't enough spots in the Battle Arena tournament to have everyone. Even some dudes we already have official confirmation of don't get to be in it (Nightwing and Deathstroke).

There will be no more "new" characters for Battle Arena from here on out so I am betting we will get future reveals in other ways. Probably more like the Aquaman videos we got from IGN (which may be preferable to be honest).

TDLink

sinestro.jpg

sinestro2.jpg

tim1138

Hawkgirl bashing Flash in the face with her mace is fantastic. I'm really curious to see how Sinestro plays and how they differentiate between he and Hal.

I still want Hal and Sinestro's alts to rep the other Corps.

FHIZ

About how many more characters could we expect? I can't remember if someone from NR said that the roster would be comparable in size to the MK9 roster or not. I just hope they do some regular reveals now that they can no longer put new ones in this battle arena thing.

J-Tier

And is there a new thread?

About how many more characters could we expect? I can't remember if someone from NR said that the roster would be comparable in size to the MK9 roster or not. I just hope they do some regular reveals now that they can no longer put new ones in this battle arena thing.

More than 24 is all we know.

RM8

Am I the only one who thinks the gameplay looks completely unappealing, but in interested in the game because of the sheer fan service? Man, I'm not even a big comics fan but this game has Hawkgirl and I can beat Superman with her.

TDLink

We know there will be more than 24 in the base game. My bet is on 28 or 30.

Here is where the roster stands right now:

Characters traditionally Heroes
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash (Barry Allen)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Shazam/Captain Marvel

Characters traditionally Villains
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Doomsday (Probably Playable, Definitely Fightable)
Harley Quinn
Bane
Catwoman
Solomon Grundy
Deathstroke
Sinestro

Characters Probably In Via Magazine Leaks (Shazam, Sinestro, and Aquaman all previously part of this same leak)
Raven
Black Adam
Ares

So far that means we know 20 characters for sure, probably 23.

Others highly rumoured include Captain Cold, Martian Manhunter, and Damian Wayne.

Other, less solid, possibilities are Gorilla Grodd and Dr. Fate.

DLC is also confirmed for this game.

shaowebb

Hawkgirl bashing Flash in the face with her mace is fantastic. I'm really curious to see how Sinestro plays and how they differentiate between he and Hal.

I still want Hal and Sinestro's alts to rep the other Corps.

I know for a fact Hal gets a Sinestro Corp alt, but as for the rest of the spectrum we dont know anything other than Batman has a Black Lantern alt in the game. Fingers crossed.

Ryce

We know there will be more than 24 in the base game. My bet is on 28 or 30.

Here is where the roster stands right now:

Characters traditionally Heroes
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash (Barry Allen)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Shazam/Captain Marvel

Characters traditionally Villains
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Doomsday (Probably Playable, Definitely Fightable)
Harley Quinn
Bane
Catwoman
Solomon Grundy
Deathstroke
Sinestro

Characters Probably In Via Magazine Leaks (Shazam, Sinestro, and Aquaman all previously part of this same leak)
Raven
Black Adam
Ares

So far that means we know 20 characters for sure, probably 23.

Others highly rumoured include Captain Cold, Martian Manhunter, and Damian Wayne.

Other, less solid, possibilities are Gorilla Grodd and Dr. Fate.

DLC is also confirmed for this game.
What about Ocean Master? There's a brief scene in the Aquaman trailer where he's surrounded by Atlantean guards and an unknown Atlantean character (the boots are almost identical to Aquaman's):

3xYiZUn.png

Aquaman says to the unknown character, "I am the king of Atlantis; I answer to no one," which makes sense since Ocean Master is constantly trying to take rule of Atlantis in the comics. Purple is Ocean Master's signature color, too.

tim1138

I know for a fact Hal gets a Sinestro Corp alt, but as for the rest of the spectrum we dont know anything other than Batman has a Black Lantern alt in the game. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I caught that in the story trailer as well. If nothing else they should give Hal a White Lantern alt, so I can pretend it's Kyle.

TDLink

What about Ocean Master? There's a brief scene in the Aquaman trailer where he's surrounded by Atlantean guards and an unknown Atlantean character (the boots are almost identical to Aquaman's):

3xYiZUn.png

Aquaman says to the unknown character, "I am the king of Atlantis; I answer to no one," which makes sense since Ocean Master is constantly trying to take rule of Atlantis in the comics. Purple is Ocean Master's signature color, too.

Yeah it's a possibility. The only thing is those shoes are literally the only thing hinting at him thus far. I would like to have more than some shoes before I think he has a likely chance.

That being said, if they were going to actually use an Aquaman villain in this game I would be fine with him.

Yeah, I caught that in the story trailer as well. If nothing else they should give Hal a White Lantern alt, so I can pretend it's Kyle.

I would prefer Kyle as a separate character. Call him Ion if you have to. DLC to make it happen opposed to a base game slot is also acceptable.

Alfredo

Was that Jennifer Hale as Hawkgirl? This is the first time I've been disappointed in a Hale-related casting...

Would this also mean no Zatanna, since Hale was her Justice League VA, and it'd be weird having two different characters with the same voice.

Alfredo

I wouldn't be surprised if Tara Strong did both Harley and Raven.

Well, if they use completely different voices it's fine, but Hawkgirl sounds like ordinary Jennifer Hale voice, which was the voice Zatanna used in the Justice League cartoon. Obviously, I need to more than just one clip to fully judge how different the Hawkgirl voice is, but still...

Khezu

I think Sinestro and Hawkgirl have the best visual balance between Mortal Kombat and DC style.

Really enjoy both of their costumes.

TDLink

So Swamp Thing isn't happening?

Not confirmed one way or the other but personally I would put his chances pretty low. Like it or not all of the character choices so far have been people who have been prominently featured in movies and/or TV shows. DLC may be another story, but for the base game I suspect that is just how it's going to be.

Ryce

I know they would play differently, but I feel like Swamp Thing lost out to Solomon Grundy for the big, lumbering "horror" brute spot. DLC? Possibly. Starting roster? I'd bet my account against it.

I'm starting to worry about Darkseid, though. I'd say he's the third most iconic DC villain after Joker and Lex Luthor, but for some reason I don't think he's going to make the cut. With a roster of about 24-28 characters and Doomsday, Black Adam, Ares, Captain Cold, Ocean Master, Raven, and Robin unaccounted for, there might not be any room for him.

NEO0MJ

I'm starting to worry about Darkseid, though. I'd say he's the third most iconic DC villain after Joker and Lex Luthor, but for some reason I don't think he's going to make the cut. With a roster of about 24-28 characters and Doomsday, Black Adam, Ares, Captain Cold, Ocean Master, Raven, and Robin unaccounted for, there might not be any room for him.

I think he'll be this game's Shao Kahn, which would suck.

TDLink

Promo images for this week's fights:

WB_DCComics_Newsletter_second_image.jpg

WB_DCComics_Newsletter_third_image.jpg

Just a reminder that every single week the promo images have featured completely different stages from those that were actually fought on in the final gameplay videos. We also haven't had any repeat stages in the fights yet.

I am guessing we will eventually have all of the stages revealed through the Battle Arena fights.

Themyscira and Ferris Air Force base seem to be the ones most due to be shown in my opinion so I am going to bet on those being this week's stages.

SykoTech

I am still betting both will be playable so I wouldn't be worried. There just aren't enough spots in the Battle Arena tournament to have everyone. Even some dudes we already have official confirmation of don't get to be in it (Nightwing and Deathstroke).

Completely forgot about those two, haha. This game's roster is a lot better than I initial thought. Really warming up to the costumes too.

Hype rising. This week's matches should be great.

Top Bottom