• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

Most requested feature that didn't happen: No Newstand in folders :(

- still cant put Newsstand in a folder :<

What are you guys talking about?

AIZCI.jpg

Quick

Banned
I think this is going to be a favorite new feature of mine:

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ios6_DND_tweak.jpg[/IMG

I take it this is only for calls and not texts/notifications?

Great article on it here: [url]http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09/how-to-make-the-best-of-ios-6s-do-not-disturb-feature/[/url][/QUOTE]

Texts and notifications, as well.

DND is awesome. I already set a schedule for it, and kept repeat calls off. I will NOT be disturbed.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Traffic in LA data still sucks.

With google maps the green meant the streets were good. I guess apples equivalent is just no information being displayed? Makes me feel like they have no data for that street.

I actually like this better. In Google Maps in iOS 5 I felt that the screen would get cluttered and sometimes hard to read. Just me though.

kehs

Banned
I keep seeing articles/posts about the maps situation.

I think this might just be the point where Apple flattens out in terms of success. I'm not saying they'll burn, but their decisions lately have been very questionable to the user experience in the software realm. This isn't meant to be vs post about who has the better products, but there's no question that removing a service that people love with a subpar alternative will have an impact. Alot of people use phones for navigation.

Personally I couldn't care about google maps. I've had the Tom Tom app since 3G and that shit is cash. No transit I don't think but I only take the same bus route to work so meh.

Yet again, I think people are overreacting to the transit thing. It's a step back but so far using the Embark NYC app along with Apple maps has meant that I haven't really lost any functionality. Does it switch apps when I ask for transit directions? Yes, but beyond that it's really not that bad. That being said, I could see this being a pain if you can't find a transit app for your city.

Quick

Banned
Yet again, I think people are overreacting to the transit thing. It's a step back but so far using the Embark NYC app along with Apple maps has meant that I haven't really lost any functionality. Does it switch apps when I ask for transit directions? Yes, but beyond that it's really not that bad. That being said, I could see this being a pain if you can't find a transit app for your city.

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU NYC PEOPLE, OKAY?!?!

I keep seeing articles/posts about the maps situation.

I think this might just be the point where Apple flattens out in terms of success. I'm not saying they'll burn, but their decisions lately have been very questionable to the user experience in the software realm. This isn't meant to be vs post about who has the better products, but there's no question that removing a service that people love with a subpar alternative will have an impact. Alot of people use phones for navigation.

nah this is just a honeycomb level update.

Top Bottom