• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming November 2014: GLORIOUS!™

heringer

Disappointed with Stranger's Wrath performance on my Mini 2.

Basically to be acceptable you need to lower the resolution to SD levels. I've read even the iPad Air 2 struggles a bit to run at the highest settings.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
And done, all current 148 levels complete in Pikpok's Maze Runner. Entirely beatable without IAP, etc. I wish there was some "you escaped the maze!" picture at the end instead of nothing, but I'll live. :p

Found it to be a pretty good runner, stage-based instead of endless and with quite a few interesting ideas with the moving obstacles and such.

Great you finished it. But don't delete just yet.

New updates coming with new levels, whole new environments and gameplay components, Grievers and more :)

Raytow

So any black friday sales worth noting? Talisman is like .89 euros, and dlc are discounted as well, so that is perfect for a board game lover like me, anything similar?

Corgi

Banned
So any black friday sales worth noting? Talisman is like .89 euros, and dlc are discounted as well, so that is perfect for a board game lover like me, anything similar?

$10 for ace attorney dual destinies.

$3 for reckless racing 3

$5 banner saga

those were my buys.

wihio

Ho-ly shit

A fan is working on making an IOS compatible verison of Dwarf Fortress
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Dwarf+Fortress/news.asp?c=62757
As soon as I saw your post I thought "how the fuck will my phone handle that?" DF is notorious for using far more computing power than one would expect- as it literally simulates everything.

After reading the link, he is basically making a client for iOS that would control an instance of DF running on a PC or server. Fucking brilliant.

I do hope this all works out!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Great you finished it. But don't delete just yet.

New updates coming with new levels, whole new environments and gameplay components, Grievers and more :)
Sweet, looking forward to it! Figured there was more coming, I'll keep it installed.

Just bought Minho to give something back too. :)

JCho133

How was Interstellar? Got kind of mixed reviews, particularly for a Nolan film, but I still want to see it.

Has the same score as Inception does on Metacritic, even though the response seems far more mixed.

I loved it. It was absolutely stellar. ;) I'd easily rank it there with Looper and Children of Men, and Inception of course.

It's honestly the science fiction movie I've been waiting for my whole life.

I would say more but don't want to spoil, I recommend just going to see it, in IMAX if you can.

One last thing: If any of you have Netflix, go watch Peaky Blinders, right now. Probably my favorite TV show of recent years. I just finished it, and I just found out about it a week ago.

awp69

Has the same score as Inception does on Metacritic, even though the response seems far more mixed.

I loved it. It was absolutely stellar. ;) I'd easily rank it there with Looper and Children of Men, and Inception of course.

It's honestly the science fiction movie I've been waiting for my whole life.

I would say more but don't want to spoil, I recommend just going to see it, in IMAX if you can.

One last thing: If any of you have Netflix, go watch Peaky Blinders, right now. Probably my favorite TV show of recent years. I just finished it, and I just found out about it a week ago.

Sounds good. Definately will see it one of these days but I think the only IMAX screen in my town has Mockingjay on it. Guess I need to check out Peaky Blinders too.

-GW-

Neo Member
So I'm looking to pick up an iOS adventure game, but I have no clue what to buy between The Last Express, 80 Days, Space Age, and the Longest Journey. I've never played the original versions of the ones that were on PC. Does anyone have any suggestions from that bunch?

So I'm looking to pick up an iOS adventure game, but I have no clue what to buy between The Last Express, 80 Days, Space Age, and Dreamfall. I've never played the original versions of the ones that were on PC. Does anyone have any suggestions from that bunch?

If you mean The Longest Journey, I'll highly recommend that. I played it for the first time recently on PC and loved it. Short of one famously esoteric puzzle, it stands out as one of the better adventure games that I've played. I've heard good things about the iOS port too.

PittaGAF

Banner Saga any good on a 4S? Or just painful?

Hmmmm.
The game is GLORIOUS on iPad and I was able to play some battles and follow the story on a 4S.
It is playable without problems on the small screen but for one thing that really bothered me on 4S: loading times.
They are atrocious aspecially when you are on a camp moving around.
Like 30 seconds between scenes...and I found that really annoying.
If you can cope with that and it's your only viable platform...I would suggest to but nonetheless because the game is awesome, but do know that.

Matt Frost

Finished Origins with 3 stars on every level. And a lot of missions and Veteran levels too, without buying any hero or using power-ups. There is no need to those at all if you are wondering. Its balanced, pretty and awesome. The story is... ok I guess but the meat is in the gameplay itself, faster, furious, relentless. Awesome.

B3mUOq_IQAAE1ze.jpg:large

Now into Sleep Attack (on the third world, getting my ass kicked a lot)...

Well, um, Carter at TA gave Framed 3 stars.

Lol you still reading that shitty place after giving Candy Crush AND Bitcoin Billionaire a 5 star rating? Why

Picked up Deep Dungeons of Doom but I get box with some error messages and then just a black screen. Anyone else playing it experience the same issue?

No, it work perfectly on my side. Strange. Send an email to the devs they listen...

LevelNth

Banned
Question: I want to re download the season pass for republique as I bought it way back when it was .99 cents and never got around to playing it. A prompt comes up saying I won't be recharged but then it asks if I want to buy it for 14.99...

Is this normal? Do I still just hit buy again?

Ketch

Anybody know if scrolls is actually out on iOS? I can't find it on the App Store and there's no mention if it on their website... I guess it's probably iPad only.

Strudel

Neo Member
So I'm looking to pick up an iOS adventure game, but I have no clue what to buy between The Last Express, 80 Days, Space Age, and the Longest Journey. I've never played the original versions of the ones that were on PC. Does anyone have any suggestions from that bunch?

Though it's more for kids/nostalgia than the beautiful, mature story you'd get in Longest Journey, I saw on their Facebook page that Humongous is making one of their best adventure games - Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo - free for this weekend (and the rest of their games on iOS are 40% off as well). Pretty fun, even if meant for kids, and it's normally $4.99, so worth grabbing for free. Details here.

Pachimari

Hmm, I feel really sad for my dad. Literally the only game he plays is Candy Crish on his iPad 1. He plays it every day trying to compete with my mother but he told me, that he recently updated the app.

Now it keeps crashing and so he can't play it. Is Candy Crush not supported on the original iPad anymore?

I don't have an iOS device myself btw.

Jumping on a long flight soon, got any recommendations for an offline lengthy game that will keep me hooked (iPhone)?

Already grabbed Earn to Die 2 and Kingdom Rush Origins.

Corgi

Banned
banner saga is pretty fun. game doesn't seem to explain much though.

general questions:

Is there penalties of dying? One of the giant dudes fell during the second mission.

How am I suppose to use them properly without dying? Them being 4 squares is a huge disadvantage o_O

Should i be wittling armor down before wacking? Does the math add up to that being more favorable than wacking at the meat for the same amoutn of turns?

What had you played before that? If you haven't been keeping up with releases, a lot of good stuff you might have missed
I'll be honest. Basically nothing in the past four years. I've played Infinity Blade 1 and 2, Hearthstone, Terra Battle and 2048. I guess I need to peruse through the OP and GAF to find more stuff. I'm mostly interested in finding iOS (or mobile) exclusives now.

I'll be honest. Basically nothing in the past four years. I've played Infinity Blade 1 and 2, Hearthstone, Terra Battle and 2048. I guess I need to peruse through the OP and GAF to find more stuff. I'm mostly interested in finding iOS (or mobile) exclusives now.
You might find this thread useful
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921676

I need to update it with some recent releases, but tons of good games there to check out

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So are Wicked Lair, Oddworld and The Witcher board game OP worthy? They're being brought up but no concise impressions have really been posted from what I can tell. :)

PFD

I purchased monument valley yesterday, but the app says I have pay $0.99 for the Red chapter... Thought it was included?!?!

I think it was only included for those who had already purchased the game before the update... or was it the other way around? I dunno

It will be.

But in the off chance that you don't find it enjoyable, please never return to this thread :)

I didn't enjoy Device 6 :)

Top Bottom