• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they’re back in prison while playing Rocket League?

Gloomnivore

Sep 16, 2020
I stopped playing it out of shame. No game gives you a worse feeling for making a mistake.

Not sure if that works as a prison metaphor though. Unless the mistake in question is dropping the soap, s’pose.

• Empathy
Reactions: Cutty Flam

Cutty Flam

Dec 3, 2019
I stopped playing it out of shame. No game gives you a worse feeling for making a mistake.

Not sure if that works as a prison metaphor though. Unless the mistake in question is dropping the soap, s’pose.
Feels like my back’s against the wall every game. There’s no way out of that cage either...

Dibils2k

Formerly 'Dibils89'
Mar 22, 2015
i love it tbh, one of the few console online games left where there is interaction with people... inevitably yes it is 95% toxic 😆 and its pretty much always teammates but it adds character to the game

synchronicity

Dec 16, 2011

I haven't played in a while, but if I made a goof and started getting ripped for it, I would just agree with all the insults. "Yep, I'm the worst." "I should be bronze level." "I'm always carried by the good players." "Yes, I should just die." The trolls hate that. :p

Sethbacca

Jun 20, 2013
My favorite is when they miss or don't even attempt to get the 5 centered balls you dropped right in front of the opposing teams goal, but you're responsible for the loss even though you also got 4 saves.

Y TM8!

Aidah

Jan 6, 2019
I think you need to worry more about your life choices. Unless you were innocent, but they all say they are.

xrnzaaas

Dec 9, 2013
Prison isn't what comes to my mind, but I'd definitely feel like a hostage with the sudden requirement to have an EGS account even in the console versions.

Last edited:

Concern

Gold Member
Sep 20, 2020
Idk man. Losing in Rocket League is much more severe than being sold off by your owner to another dude for a pack of cigarettes.