• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Microsoft making two completely different Xbox branded products for next gen?

That's crazy talk.

Nintendo is about to learn the lesson that's plagued cable television providers since the 90s. Casuals absolutely hate to upgrade anything that they view as still being perfectly functional. Apple may get away with it because they've been able to successfully position their products as hipster cred/status symbols, but no way is MS going to be able to convince people to update a glorified TiVo every two years.

I suspect most people who buy it will buy it once and hold on to it until it breaks.

but a 4 year cycle is pretty long and more then enough for them to add major upgrades in the box to get people to buy it.

so lets say the Gimped casual model launched in 2012 then the hardcore sku can launch in 2014 then the causal model can get a refresh in 2016 and the hardcore sku can get upgraded in 2018.

and each refresh being a next gen type spec bump.

if both models are targeted and different markets with different hardware specs but are similar enough to make development a game for both not a hassle it could totally work IMO.

This comes largely from piecing the rumors together, but basically the idea is that the system is primarily focused on home entertainment and small-ish casual games that use Kinect, and thus can be designed so they are small, manageable downloads.

Microsoft frequently brags about how successful Netflix and their digital video sales/rentals are on Xbox Live, so they wouldn't need the system to play blu-rays or DVDs either.
Thats actually a good point. I guess I shouldn't have jumped to the full game DD model conclusion. I can see it working for Microsoft, just wouldn't be something I'd be interested in.

This comes largely from piecing the rumors together, but basically the idea is that the system is primarily focused on home entertainment and small-ish casual games that use Kinect, and thus can be designed so they are small, manageable downloads.

Microsoft frequently brags about how successful Netflix and their digital video sales/rentals are on Xbox Live, so they wouldn't need the system to play blu-rays or DVDs either.
And they'll do this with no hard drive? Shouldn't there also be a hard drive so the new system can be used like a DVR for its TV functionality?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I think this strategy can work if they're not BOTH called Xbox. For example

Microsoft Kinect TV in 2012

Microsoft XBox *insert number/moniker here* in 2013/14

No more confusion.

mujun

I think this strategy can work if they're not BOTH called Xbox. For example

Microsoft Kinect TV in 2012

Microsoft XBox *insert number/moniker here* in 2013/14

No more confusion.

I think this is what they will do (if this all pans out to be true of course). Both will have Kinect in the name or prominently in the advertising. They will also make it very clear that the cheaper machine is not a console and that it can't play anything beyond DL games and/or Kinect games specifically made to play on both machines.

LegoArmo

I don't think they can launch a new "Xbox" without it being the true successor, the Kinect TV thing would have to come at the same time, or after, in my opinion.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm not opposed to the final product having a different name, but for this to make sense (in terms of confusing people for rumors), at least internally it would have to be called Xbox something to cause these rumors to sprout.

Like, the Xperia Play isn't a PlayStation Phone, but there were clearly people referring to it as that internally at one point.

What I'm wondering now is if it will come with an SSD or normal Hard-drive. It doesn't seem future proof if it has HDD, imo. I would take a 128gb SSD over 1 TB hard-drive on this thing.

I dunno where I read this but SSD's might also have gameplay implications in terms of data streaming, not sure though.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Microsoft emulates Nintendo and goes the "third pillar route".

Meaning that they have designed two separate systems. One that is the Xbox Loop, a system that is targeted mostly for the casual audience that uses the Kinect interface and controller (upgraded). It isn't that powerful but is also really cheap. While it mostly targets the casual audience it also targets the hardcore market with a traditional controller and more core IPs. However Microsoft isn't sure that this system will succeed or not. They aren't sure if the casual owners will upgrade to a Kinect 2, they aren't sure whether or not their fanbase will go on to a more "soft" console.

This is why they are also building another console. The Xbox 3, which is what most would expect from a successor, powerful, advanced, and expensive. This is more so a fail safe, just in case the Xbox Loop fails.

This is very similar to how Nintendo was unsure about the Nintendo DS so they built the Gameboy 3 in preparation.

Satchel

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Microsoft emulates Nintendo and goes the "third pillar route".

Meaning that they have designed two separate systems. One that is the Xbox Loop, a system that is targeted mostly for the casual audience that uses the Kinect interface and controller (upgraded). It isn't that powerful but is also really cheap. While it mostly targets the casual audience it also targets the hardcore market with a traditional controller and more core IPs. However Microsoft isn't sure that this system will succeed or not. They aren't sure if the casual owners will upgrade to a Kinect 2, they aren't sure whether or not their fanbase will go on to a more "soft" console.

This is why they are also building another console. The Xbox 3, which is what most would expect from a successor, powerful, advanced, and expensive. This is more so a fail safe, just in case the Xbox Loop fails.

This is very similar to how Nintendo was unsure about the Nintendo DS so they built the Gameboy 3 in preparation.

Many here scoffed when I alluded to the idea that Nintendo 'fluked' the success of the DS. Maybe my terminology wasn't the best, but my point was the same as yours. They weren't sure the DS would succeed so publicly spoke of the '3 pillars'. As soon as the DS was a success, they ditched the waning Gameboy, and moved the Gamecube remote onto it's own console.

But I digress.

I wouldn't be surprised if MS did the same thing. They've never had multiple consoles at once, and the late success of the 360 would help them do that.

Super cheap ($99?) 360 for the late bloomers and budget gamers

Kinect TV that merges the Kinect casuals over to a new 'console'

Xbox 3 that carries over the 360 legacy userbase/(attempts to) steals some Wii and PS3 userbase

Would help strengthen the brand in the same way Nintendo and Sony have been able to with multiple consoles out at once for the last 15 years or so.

Wouldn't it make more sense to shrink the current 360 down further and remove the optical drive than go all out and create something new? Granted, theres the cult of the new and all that but If they went with ARM they'd be throwing away a huge library of xbla and games on demand games. A rebrand might make more sense.

Jibbed

Wouldn't it make more sense to shrink the current 360 down further and remove the optical drive than go all out and create something new? Granted, theres the cult of the new and all that but If they went with ARM they'd be throwing away a huge library of xbla and games on demand games. A rebrand might make more sense.

I can see that happening.

Karak

I don't think I am getting it.

SO 3 systems:
Device 1: 360 until devs decide its not worth making games for
Device 2: Something new that doesn't play 360 games or the Loops games? Personally I think this should have the 360 on a card, solution MS has created if it were me. It doesn't seem like device 2 has enough features and with the card built in they could offer BC to a massive catalog and SOME devs who can't afford next NEXT gen could dev for both. Also Mouse and keyboard support or bust.
Device 3: 720 loop that...does what? What is it BC with? Both, neither?

I guess it would be best to consider device 2 NOT a game system at all. Sort of like my TV can play youtube videos. It would just be something that does TV but that seems, despite them making inroads into cable, to not be enough real content for a middle device.

Sense...that setup doesn't make any.

EDIT: And that doesn't mean they won't do it but I agree with what was posted in other threads about this.
They should keep that set-ep device SO FAR away from gaming as to be somewhat like comparing Microsoft Word compared to say the Xbox. Not even in the same stratosphere. The confusion could be legendary.

Many here scoffed when I alluded to the idea that Nintendo 'fluked' the success of the DS. Maybe my terminology wasn't the best, but my point was the same as yours. They weren't sure the DS would succeed so publicly spoke of the '3 pillars'. As soon as the DS was a success, they ditched the waning Gameboy, and moved the Gamecube remote onto it's own console.

Anybody who disagrees with Nintendo being unsure with the DS either has poor memory or just qualified for the 13 year old limit age range to be able to post in this site.

It was incredibly obvious that Nintendo was unsure of the DS. Iwata talked about it not being the REAL successor the Gameboy Advanced after its launch. Hell people were speculating when the GBA's successor would launch until 2008 or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if MS did the same thing. They've never had multiple consoles at once, and the late success of the 360 would help them do that.

Super cheap ($99?) 360 for the late bloomers and budget gamers

Kinect TV that merges the Kinect casuals over to a new 'console'

Xbox 3 that carries over the 360 legacy userbase/(attempts to) steals some Wii and PS3 userbase

Would help strengthen the brand in the same way Nintendo and Sony have been able to with multiple consoles out at once for the last 15 years or so.

There is no way in hell they will have both the Xbox Loop and the Xbox 3. No one is insane enough to launch two new systems and juggle them, let alone in this modern market.

How do people think they would market two different devices that close to each other? People complained about the 3DS creating brand confusion and are worried about the name Wii U despite it being 6 years after Wii so could Microsoft pull it off with two different things called Xbox or having Kinect in the name? Would they even try marketing them to the same audience or would they segment them?

While potentially cool, I just see this as a marketing nightmare that even has me a bit confused.

Tutomos

I think if I'm Microsoft looking at Product 1, I'm going to sell hardware that makes profit from the beginning, I'm also looking at selling yearly upgrades of the hardware. This tells me that this product is probably a tablet. This also tells me XBL Silver is going to have an upgrade.

Satchel

Banned

I've had an inkling MS would do this since I found out about Kinect.

the 360 is still more than capable of being a set top box even with it's archaic harcware, and the market they'd be aiming at wouldn't know the difference, in the same way Nintendo did.

Strip the optical drive and make it a DD only console that will still play all your arcade and GoD games, while being your new 'Kinect powered' set top box that talks to your Windows Phone and Windows 8 PC.

It means they could sell the thing at a slightly higher than budget price at launch and use the 'new console' excuse to sell the old hardware rebadged at a ridiculous profit.

WillyFive

I have imagined Nintendo doing this sometime in the future, but since their whole idea is to unite both casuals and core, it would seem silly.

However, Microsoft doesn't have that same motivation. They can just sell to their casuals AND to their core with two different products.

Karak

I think if I'm Microsoft looking at Product 1, I'm going to sell hardware that makes profit from the beginning, I'm also looking at selling yearly upgrades of the hardware. This tells me that this product is probably a tablet. This also tells me XBL Silver is going to have an upgrade.

If product 2 had tivo(which with no harddrive it won't) I can't see what it really has to offer over...well anything. BUT...if they somehow figured out a way(baring harddrive prices and such) to get a harddrive in there, tivo, 360 on a chip. I would see that being something like 150.00 and being worthwhile...but the math doesn't seem to work out on that price and 199.00 is dangerously close to being out of the range for something that doesn't offer much over settop boxes.

Shrugs very interesting stuff but from the list in the OP it literally offers nothing it is almost laughably a box of air.

Mindlog

Marketing it would be the easiest thing ever. Surely they will continue the Kinect Effect line of advertisements.

However, other opportunities exist.

I agree with everything except I would flip the release dates.

Set-Top - 2013
Xbox3 - 2012

2012 release for the set-top box is to line up with the (supposed) release date of Windows 8. 2013 release for the 720 is to give the 360 another solid, uncontested holiday season and maximize sales in the profitable end-of-life window.

Both ideas are interesting, but I don't really see the point/value of the new set top box console.

Integration with the Windows 8 ecosystem.

One of the vital points of the rumor we got is that the box is an ARM-based system -- effectively, the same hardware as the upcoming Windows 8 tablets, stuck into a set-top box. That'd mean such a system could be a straightforward extension of a software ecosystem Microsoft is already building.

People talked about a similar idea with Apple TV in a few recent threads; the difference I see there is that there's no obvious way to control anything with Apple TV, a problem that Kinect would solve for this box.

Wouldn't it make more sense to shrink the current 360 down further and remove the optical drive than go all out and create something new?

Well, not if the rumors that Kinect 2 can't work with 360 due to the speed of its USB ports are true.

Kogepan

i can see MS releasing a settop box with kinect funcationality (or integrating directly into a tv with a tv manufacturing partner) but I can't see them using the xbox branding for this especially if it can't play xbox games. More likely they would leverage the Windows brand.

Karak

One of the vital points of the rumor we got is that the box is an ARM-based system -- effectively, the same hardware as the upcoming Windows 8 tablets, stuck into a set-top box. That'd mean such a system could be a straightforward extension of a software ecosystem Microsoft is already building.

I saw that as well. But again, going by the OP and just the rumours, its a device that very literally offers nothing. In fact it lists a ton of things the device WOULD NOT have.

So what would it do that would make it, in any way, a purchase for someone?

For example what would MS tv do? It seems like...nothing. In fact since its not connected to any game devices past or future(from the rumors and post) it just sits there. MS doesn't have near enough offerings to be a cable provider.

2012 release for the set-top box is to line up with the (supposed) release date of Windows 8. 2013 release for the 720 is to give the 360 another solid, uncontested holiday season and maximize sales in the profitable end-of-life window

I'm with ya. I'm going by MSNerd's rumors which as you know are being confirmed by other spots. That would put the set-top box being announced at E3 2013. His timeline didn't indicate when the console would come out, but we do have Thurrott saying it's expected to come out in 2012. That could mean the console will coordinate with Windows 8. I could see that being done since the console's history hasn't been associated with Windows OS.

I saw that as well. But again, going by the OP and just the rumours, its a device that very literally offers nothing. In fact it lists a ton of things the device WOULD NOT have.

For example what would MS tv do? It seems like...nothing. In fact since its not connected to any game devices past or future(from the rumors and post) it just sits there. MS doesn't have near enough offerings to be a cable provider.

A device like the boxee box but with the major advantage of having Microsoft's funding and support, access to the Windows 8 ecosystem and a way to control touch apps, of which we expect Windows 8 to have many, on your TV via Kinect. The ultimate internet and media streaming device. Why have cable when you can download the new Giant Bomb app!

PSGames

Edit: How Does This Interact With Windows 8?
Microsoft currently has a Windows 8 marketplace planned that sells applications that run on Windows 8, Windows 8 tablets, Windows 8 ARM devices, and Windows 8 phones. Given that there is now a commercial SDK for Kinect coming out, this would allow Microsoft to let developers sell Kinect apps for the new Xbox TV system. Since the proposed Xbox TV system runs on an ARM architecture, it would make this process significantly easier since Windows 8 is currently only built to handle ARM and x86, neither of which the Xbox 360 uses. This also helps extend the Windows 8 ecosystem to the TV, which is something that is current unaddressed, but judging by their moves with the Xbox 360, Microsoft is very interested in.

This is all very interesting but in this scenario how would Windows 8 run on the new Xbox 3 using PowerPC cores? So Kinect apps built on Windows and Xbox TV wouldn't be compatible with the Xbox 3?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is all very interesting but in this scenario how would Windows 8 run on the new Xbox 3 using PowerPC cores? So Kinect apps built on Windows and Xbox TV wouldn't be compatible with the Xbox 3?

I figure that either they won't work, or it gives them another year to do some kind of port and/or come up with a different solution for the apps instead of targeting three architectures simultaneously.

Perhaps some kind of App to Silverlight conversion tool, while more complex things would have to be manually ported.

I would guess that they're less worried about strong content support on the more powerful box however.

Karak

A device like the boxee box but with the major advantage of having Microsoft's funding and support, access to the Windows 8 ecosystem and a way to control touch apps, of which we expect Windows 8 to have many, on your TV via Kinect. The ultimate internet and media streaming device. Why have cable when you can download the new Giant Bomb app!

Thank you very much sir! I was looking at Apple TV(I don't follow apple much) and I all I can see is it is just a normal media box. I appreciate the info.

I think the reasons are many why most would stick with cable. A box that literally offers nothing, control touch apps of what, for what, on a windows 8 echo-system that doesn't exist yet? I see a lot of ideas,but nothing at all tangible and the box doesn't actually seem to do anything but NOT do stuff the previous one did.

I would personally love a giant bomb app but it doesn't replace content providers and is in a different space, unless they become a full on content provider. Perhaps more people hate their settop box than everyone thinks. That is for sure possible. But disliking something, and having someone get rid of a service, or worse yet just buy another system and service is weird. Then would the Xbox 720 ALSO do all that stuff?

So you have the 360 with its media functions.
Device 2 with its media functions that seem to do more
720 with...the same, more, less media functions

That seems so utterly confusing but I guess Apple pulls it off. With their various devices.

That being said. Also, MS would have to release and pay for the release of 2 entire systems, their separate marketing, AND pay as a special content provider(they need exponential levels more content above the current 360 if they even want to get people to even consider the device). That is a TON of cash. Though MS has it:)

I think of it this way, I don't know why many who own a 360 would "up" to that system(current users). Those with current content providers and boxes would need to be swayed with something that actually does tangible things(casual users). So it seems like it would be dead in the water, as the 720 would be coming out too(hardcore)

I don't know lots of data. I also don't know, is Apple TV the shit? Is it awesome?

Has MS ever hinted that this second device is just a handheld gaming platform? Though..heck even that doesn't make sense.

Ah MS will figure it out. Who knows. As with most rumors, half are probably wrong or in flux, or ideas growing then dying on the vine.

PSGames

I figure that either they won't work, or it gives them another year to do some kind of port and/or come up with a different solution for the apps instead of targeting three architectures simultaneously.

Perhaps some kind of App to Silverlight conversion tool, while more complex things would have to be manually ported.

I would guess that they're less worried about strong content support on the more powerful box however.

I think they're hamstrung by the Xbox 360. The only way to include the 720 in the Windows 8 ecosystem would mean excluding backwards compatibility. A pretty tough decision.

The idea would be something like this, based on where Xbox 360 has been going and Microsoft's strategic announcements of late:

• Works as an HD cable box
  • Provides streaming content from Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, Last.fm, BBC iPlayer, SkyTV, etc. etc. etc. (long list)
  • Runs all ARM-compatible Windows 8 apps (meaning that if you have a tablet or whatever you've already got a software library that works on it)
  • All voice/motion controlled
  • Costs like $150

Is that worth it for people? Shrug. I wouldn't buy one, but then, I'm the target market for the real 720. Would I buy my parents one for Christmas? Maybe.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

ARM cores shouldn't be that expensive to include on the real nextbox.

Karak

The idea would be something like this, based on where Xbox 360 has been going and Microsoft's strategic announcements of late:

• Works as an HD cable box
  • Provides streaming content from Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, Last.fm, BBC iPlayer, SkyTV, etc. etc. etc. (long list)
  • Runs all ARM-compatible Windows 8 apps (meaning that if you have a tablet or whatever you've already got a software library that works on it)
  • All voice/motion controlled
  • Costs like $150

Is that worth it for people? Shrug. I wouldn't buy one, but then, I'm the target market for the real 720. Would I buy my parents one for Christmas? Maybe.

So this is EXACTLY what I originally thought. But wouldn't you agree that a HD cable box, to offer any kind of reason to upgrade would have a HD? That to me was the ONE solid omission that caused me to really start thinking this through and shooting bullets through it. Even the cloud wouldn't suffice for much of that right? Or would it? I don't know.

I am not sure what windows apps would do for casual TV owners to get them to buy one.
Right now I am not seeing any market at all. But MS can advertise, large money budgets ignored for a moment, they just have been doing great at advertising. So I could see it, but I would personally want them to have 1-3 things setboxes don't have. To make a casual user say...I want that. Or me. I would NEVER gift the above to anyone. It is effectively worthless.

I am probably coming across as negative...no I am pretty sure that's the way this looks. I am not. I like MS, I think they are doing great. But, I don't want a 32x situation, and I would love to see them make inroads into the home. I love the frontend to the 360 now. But I don't see...windows 8, tablet, or the Kinect frontened as any reason why a person would want this box yet, especially as it is a MASSIVE step down from 5 year old tech.

Zaptruder

Banned
Ideally, casual is a subset of the features offered by the hardcore next gen xbox. It would suck having to buy 2 boxes if you'd want to access their entire ecosystem.

Even more ideal would be if the casual was able to 'expand' back into the full functionality by way of cloud based gaming services like OnLive (or MS's version of that).

But wouldn't you agree that a HD cable box, to offer any kind of reason to upgrade would have a HD?

For DVR functionality? Honestly I'm at a loss, I've never even owned a DVR and I have no idea how important that is to people.

(Other than that, I'm not sure what an HDD would accomplish that a 4GB flash chip like the 360 has in it now wouldn't suffice for.)

I highly doubt it. May as well bundle them together so that people can freely change between the two experiences. Two completely different setups, rather than just different bundles like we saw this gen with the different SKUs, would probably cause a lot of confusion and frustration. Maybe even more than this generation, as all of the SKUs right now can play most of the same games.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Well, not if the rumors that Kinect 2 can't work with 360 due to the speed of its USB ports are true.

Are you assuming the set top box will be based on Kinect 2 rather than the current Kinect tech? I don't see why the would need a Kinect 2 for something like that. The current Kinect would do just fine (and would fit better with the 150$ price tag you suggested).

Massa

Microsoft's been pushing Kinect very hard for core games on the 360. The "Kinect box" is most likely real, but I don't think it will have a big focus on games.

ShutEye

Perhaps the rumor that the next Xbox has Kinect 2 built in is actually in reverse?

It's pretty easy to image MS building Kinect 2 to contain all the necessary components within a single device. There would be no set-top 'box', just the upgraded Kinect 2, with storage & processing on board.

Consumers simply purchase Kinect 2 as a stand-alone product & plug it into the TV + WiFi.
Enabling whatever services MS wants to push through it.

I'm seeing the Xbox Loop as something that is a completely separate device from their Xbox line that just also happens to play some games in the Xbox line. Think Xperia but replace PSone games with Kinect games.

There is no way in hell that this will be targeted as a primary or hell even a secondary gaming platform. Assuming Microsoft does launch two products.

Dipswitch

Integration with the Windows 8 ecosystem.

People talked about a similar idea with Apple TV in a few recent threads; the difference I see there is that there's no obvious way to control anything with Apple TV, a problem that Kinect would solve for this box.

Eh, I don't think the average Joe is going to care terribly about the Windows 8 ecosystem. Or at least not enough to buy a device to get access to it. It's a bonus for sure, but price and functionality are going to be key. Hell, I'm about as invested as you can be in the current Microsoft ecosystem and even I wouldn't plunk down $200 for a glorified set top box. Google TV didn't exactly light the world on fire either for similar price points. Lack of compelling content sealed the deal for them of course.

At lower price points, they may be onto something though. Bring the price down to $150 or below and provide some compelling interaction between the other Windows 8 devices (Think apps/games/media whose state can be transferred among devices for instance) and they might get some nibbles.

I do like the idea that they might cut Apple off at the pass though, in regards to their supposed TV plans. I don't think a Siri equipped TV will compare very favorably to a Kinect enabled TV. Especially if you can connect it to your existing equipment.

At lower price points, they may be onto something though. Bring the price down to $150 or below and provide some compelling interaction between the other Windows 8 devices (Think apps/games/media whose state can be transferred among devices for instance) and they might get some nibbles.

I basically agree with this. If they can get it in at $150 or below there might be something to it; if it comes in above it's basically a waste of time (but that doesn't mean it isn't real, just that it'll do poorly when it comes out.)

Karak

For DVR functionality? Honestly I'm at a loss, I've never even owned a DVR and I have no idea how important that is to people.

(Other than that, I'm not sure what an HDD would accomplish that a 4GB flash chip like the 360 has in it now wouldn't suffice for.)

I know that a couple years ago it was the #1 feature wanted on settop boxes. I know that Tivo style devices are very useful.

You are right, other than that, the HD doesn't do much. That just happens to be one of the reasons. I mean recording and later viewing of content is HUGE. I don't know if it can be any larger of a purchase bullet item on settop boxes now.

We will see its all rumors now. Maybe they have some functionality to replace those kinds of bullet points. Its still far out for now.

What I WOULD like to see is xbox 360's inside tv's as the internal chip. I would love to see them throw that 360 chip into major tv providers sets.

Has Apple tv taken off? Is it out yet?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This sounds feasible to me. I don't at all buy the notion that the true next-gen Xbox will release next fall. With the continued success of the 360 and Kinect, I can't see them launching an entirely new platform so soon.

fin

I love this idea. MS targeted Sony with this gen and took a bunch of market share. Now they're aimed directly at Nintendo and WiiU. This could steal the show.

But releasing a new Kinect so soon without any backwards compatibility would be suicide, even at only $199.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And they'll do this with no hard drive? Shouldn't there also be a hard drive so the new system can be used like a DVR for its TV functionality?

I'm assuming some reasonable level of flash storage in the device, but yes, that part struck me as a bit odd since even then you couldn't DVR much.

Cost is presumably a huge concern if we assume the Digital Foundry rumor is correct.

Though, I imagine that DVR doesn't make Microsoft money, so they would be willing to dump it.

Dipswitch

Just had another interesting thought - putting a Kinect in every living room will transform how we communicate. Combine Kinect with Microsoft's purchase of Skype, and video calling will finally be accessible to the masses.

What a world we live in......

Top Bottom