• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Miley Cyrus really attractive, or am I just blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Lae

I find her pretty repulsive but at this point I'm unable to determine how much of that is just her appearance and how much is how she acts.

You're not weird OP. Miley is an ugly person physically and otherwise, which only makes her less attractive overall. That said I almost always find people I like more attractive and people I don't like less attractive despite their objective physical characteristics. This includes celebrities. If I think you're a shit actress or artist of some kind I will most likely find you physically unappealing as well even if you are generally considered very attractive. While on the other hand if I think you're good I will probably find you more attractive than I normally would. This negative aspect though is far more pronounced than the positive for me.

This is true enough. Though I did find Christina hot back in her "Dirty" days.....even though I was totally team Britney. :p

Valnen

Short hair isn't doing her any favors. Only a select few people can have hair like that and be attractive to me. From a pure physical perspective I don't find her to be a very attractive person.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
p18at5ri3t3v7145v9n31t0911ji4.jpg

I'm not sure why one of these young women is considered gross and the other is a sex symbol.

Well, one looks like a walking STD, the other looks like the type of girl your mother would be happy for you to bring home.

grimmiq

She's attractive when she's not going bat-shit crazy..that being said I could go out clubbing on a Friday night and see 20+ women hotter than her, they wouldn't talk to me, but they'd be there.

Alienous

Ask yourself this.

On a scale of 1-10, how attractive is she?

Now, on a scale of 1-30, how attractive is she?

I'd give her a ... 16, on that latter scale. 17 at a push.

Seth C

I'd have sex with her but more because of who she is and not what she looks like. Before? Yeah. I would have gladly.

smurfx

get some go again
since when are media sites good indicators of what's hot? i always find myself disagreeing with hottest celebrities lists.

Ixion

I like her hair and I don't mind how she acts. She just needs lovelier lady lumps. Her body is too flat and boyish.

No ass, no tits, and has a weird round face. So no, it's not you. She definitely looked better with long hair tho.

Spot on.

THere's nothing attractive about emphasizing what you don't have. Showing skin doesn't equal sex appeal unless there's something to show off. Also she's a poseur. Fake crazy, trying way too hard to distant herself from the reality of being a rich kid Disney star. She should have tried to go more of the route of Katy Perry (fun, relatable, decent voice), instead she tried to go the route of Kesha and Spears (sex appeal and party girl). She should put more focus on acting instead of her music which is a fleeting business anyways. The whole package just isn't believable and she looks skanky and stupid in the process. Never too late for a comeback/makeover though.

Macka

She's not unattractive, but isn't anything special either.

I feel the same way about Jennifer Lawrence tbh.

BeerSnob

She's cute. When she grows up and matures she'll be fucking hot, assuming that she lives that long and actually matures instead of entering a state of prolonged adolescence. Plenty of girls go into a "sewing wild oats phase" before confronting adulthood, she just seems to be leaning into to it a little too hard.

If you want a debate, Nicki Minaj. That woman's attractiveness is polarizing.

She was a lot hotter before she went all super skank and adopted the Bieber hairdo. I don't know if she was abused when she was younger or what but the way she has been acting out lately is kinda sad to watch.

She was 100% more attractive back then, IMO.

Totally agree. I don't think she's terribly bad looking right now, but she was much much much more attractive in the picture you posted

I think Miley is okay, but that is about it. If I saw someone that looked like her, I would buy her a drink though I wouldn't pursue her any further. It's her music that I don't like, and I just feel that it's very generic but of course soccer moms who see her think she's outrageous.

She's not that pretty, but she dresses classy enough which makes her attractive to a lot of people.

At least Jennifer Lawrence has a decent body that looks good when her atributes are emphasised. Miley is flat everywhere and when she tries to show off people start puking.

LordCanti

p18at5ri3t3v7145v9n31t0911ji4.jpg

I'm not sure why one of these young women is considered gross and the other is a sex symbol.

One seems approachable and can turn on a seductive side in movies when need be (Silver Linings, American Hustle, etc) while getting Oscar nods. The other seems like she's the next sad Disney treadmill star with a horrible personality and a public persona built off of aping whatever loopy shit Lady Gaga is currently aping off of Madonna (who was aping...Cher? I guess? I wasn't around then). There's also the "My daughter grew up watching Hannah Montana and how could Disney let this happen?!" angle which parents always seem to take even though they've been alive long enough to have seen it happen to the previous gen of Disney stars.

man some of you have really strong opinions about this person

I have no opinion on either other than thinking JLaw is sexy. Miley can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. I'm just answering the OP's question.

For what it's worth, I've never had an IRL conversation about Jlaw. I've had at least four or five about Miley's shenanigans, and I didn't start any of those.

I just don't get it. I've never personally really found her to be attractive (though adequate when she had long hair)

She does nothing for me either, much better looking before with the long hair.

She could definitely be attractive if she grew her hair out

She was cute with long hair.

She'd still be more attractive now with more hair imo. She looked hot in that Halloween picture with the wig..

MileyWigsOut.jpg

Short hair isn't doing her any favors. Only a select few people can have hair like that and be attractive to me.

She definitely looked better with long hair tho.
I don't think there's a woman on earth who looks better with short hair. At best, it's a push but most of the time, long hair > short hair.

Cronox

Banned
I like the short hair/androgynous look if they can make it work. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way she looks, only that she's chosen to emphasize certain things in songs and performances that she should leave to other, more voluptuous singers. That said, I don't think the haters have actually listened to Bangerz, which isn't bad. I like the higher energy Gaga style, but her medium tempo stuff is good if that's what you're into.

She's trying things out, she's at that age after all... The celebrity/press image is manufactured, for her and many others, so why get stuck on it.

PS_GUY

She has a fit body..but there's something off with her face. It's her jaw or teeth or a combination of both...

Ixion

Robin Thicke filmed a video with two topless girls and grinded against a teenager, but motherfucker doesn't get shit. Miley gets all the blame.

To be fair, Robin Thicke didn't do the overtly sexual movements himself, at least from what you just described (I don't know anything about these two individuals beyond that MTV performance and their recent hit music videos).

The most overt act Thicke did was stand there while Miley tweaked against him, whereas Miley did all that tongue wagging, twerking, licking, etc, all while being much less dressed.

Do I care about what either of them did? No. Just saiyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom