• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Miley Cyrus really attractive, or am I just blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejay

Banned
For someone who has been using sexuality a lot recently, Miley is surprisingly un-alluring, at least to me. Then again, I've never found her hot, but she was at least cute before. I just think she's chosen a style that doesn't suit her.

Whatever, I'm not in her demographic, so the point is moot. Commercially it certainly doesn't seem to have hurt her.

Valhelm

contribute something
To be fair, Robin Thicke didn't do the overtly sexual movements himself, at least from what you just described (I don't know anything about these two individuals beyond that MTV performance and their recent hit music videos).

The most overt act Thicke did was stand there while Miley tweaked against him, whereas Miley did all that tongue wagging, twerking, licking, etc, all while being much less dressed.

Do I care about what either of them did? No. Just saiyan.

Robin Thicke is a married man. Miley Cyrus was a teenager. The whole point of grinding is to mimic sex, so he was just as complicit as Miley.

p18at5ri3t3v7145v9n31t0911ji4.jpg

I'm not sure why one of these young women is considered gross and the other is a sex symbol.

I just can't find either attractive, especially jennifer lawrence. She reminds me of someone I don't like. But even if she didn't, I just don't really find her attractive.

Ixion

Robin Thicke is a married man. Miley Cyrus was a teenager. The whole point of grinding is to mimic sex, so he was just as complicit as Miley.

That's all he did. His performance wasn't nearly as provocative as Miley's. He just stood there. Did you forget the rest of Miley's performance?

royalan

She was a lot hotter before she went all super skank and adopted the Bieber hairdo. I don't know if she was abused when she was younger or what but the way she has been acting out lately is kinda sad to watch.

She was 100% more attractive back then, IMO.

ew.

Omg - Miley was so BASIC back then. She's much fiercer now.

Shes hot imo.

But the way she acts is a real turn off.

This. She is pretty hot, but the way she acts turns me off a lot. All that twerking, licking her finger, and having this bad girl attitude is a big turn off for me.

Also, I think it's her butt being compared to turkeys a lot. I can't look at her the same anymore after all those pics.

Rur0ni

Looking pretty good in that "23" video. People are kids well into their twenties, and may not make the best choices behavior wise.

Great voice too by the way.

EMT0

Banned
You're not crazy OP, she's average looking, not ugly, but average. Off appearances alone she'd be an okay girl. She then drives her sex appeal into the ground through her actions/crazy, and she quickly hits a 1 out of 10 on the scale because her actions are simply unappealing...to most anybody, really.

I don't keep up with, and I don't know much about, American entertainment. Hollywood, or American pop music. As most of it doesn't appeal to me at all. American music is great, but I don't particularly like the pop music.

I haven't even heard of most of the people that seem to be so famous. I could tell you about the members of AKB48. But nothing about most popular American musicians. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is my kind of pop music.

I also don't understand the praise that pop singers in the United States get. I thought it was their music that was supposed to matter? Are they supposed to be models, too? Shouldn't the music matter most? I don't pay attention to what people look like in most of the music I listen to, because music is more important. The guys in Visual Kei are sexy, but their music isn't fun to listen to, most of the time.

The Hollywood and Western model aesthetic isn't attractive to me at all. Ai Kago is more attractive to me than all of Hollywood. It seems like they all have to have extremely European or white features, too. There's few black women, and usually they have light skin, or have their skin lighted to be "presentable". Which is totally racist. And they also never seem to have black hair, either. You don't see Afro-textured hair, it's always straightened up. And you see even less Asian women and men than black women. It seems like in the industry, blonde white women, with extremely stereotypically European features, blonde hair, blue eyes, square-ish face, a long nose, get featured. I understand that there's more diversity than ever. But it's depressing that "beauty" in Hollywood, seems to be another blonde white woman with a long nose.

Not that Asian and African cultures aren't racist. But seriously. The American pop music industry seems really really really white. To where even the people that aren't white are held to white standards. I don't find it appealing.

And this isn't to say there's any real beauty. Beauty is subjective. But I don't think this should be the standard of "beauty". It's beautiful to some people, but not everyone. And shouldn't be the standard of beauty which people of colour are judged negatively against.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
p18at5ri3t3v7145v9n31t0911ji4.jpg

I'm not sure why one of these young women is considered gross and the other is a sex symbol.

I'll bet your life that every single guy on hear who's talked shit about her attractiveness Would and thirst so hard for her that their shit-talk is how they're able to continue living.

Valhelm

contribute something

He gets called out by feminist circles, and this criticism might by reported on by some news sources, but neither NeoGaf or the general public sees him as "out of control", "slutty", or as St3v3 said, "a walking STD". Miley Cyrus gets the blame by mainstream critics.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
SNL 2011 ---> 2013
lgeGZC9.jpg
IXuuZ02.jpg

yeah, long hair was way better

Shes attractive. She's just doing that young adult thing. Some freak harder than others. Plus I am willing to bet hers is more trying to shed her Disney image, than her really being sincere. Either way if she can keep out of the Amy Winehouse / Lindsay Lohan drug buffet, she should be fine in the long run.

Honestly this pic, Miley looks cuter to me. I watched Hunger Games and Jennifer Lawrence just didn't really do it for me. I can see why people think she is pretty, she just isn't attractive to me. Its her cheeks/eyes. Same thing with Kirsten Dunst.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'll give you a hint. One of them is really pretty and talented.

They both are. I'm no fan of Miley Cyrus' music, but you can't call her untalented just because her songs don't appeal to you. This isn't any different from the "Rap music is just noise!" bullshit of the last couple decades.

ain't that hard dipper. One of them looks like my nephew and the other is Eddie izzard

You win.

you are not blind OP,
Cyrus has no femine curves which makes her look like teenage boy

slap lipstick on Justin Bieber and you got Miley Cirus

+her tongue stick out tick is annoying as fuck

royalan

SNL 2011 ---> 2013
lgeGZC9.jpg
IXuuZ02.jpg

yeah, long hair was way better

I never understood the fascination with hair. It has so little to do with what actually makes a person attractive.

It doesn't alter the shape of the head, or the eyes, or the roundness of the nose, the fullness of the lips, or the symmetry of the face.

It's just hair. A frame.

I can understand people having a preference for hair styles. But claiming someone went from "hot" to "butt ugly" just on their haircut? Crazy.

Besides, short-haired Miley is hot. Purposely choosing a bad screenshot doesn't change that.

Here:

MBVwTX5.jpg

04zVQEV.jpg

KUUSsao.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom