• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a better manga in existence than Beck? NO! Definitive proof inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Volume 10 had a parody of Definitely Maybe's cover.. and now Volume 21 has a reference to (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Kawakubo-san's text says (roughly), "This is certainly the place. The cover of oasis' 2nd CD jacket."
beck210049pi.jpg
beck210050dm.jpg

Not to mention that the t-shirt Chiba wears in one of their performances uses the oasis logo as a template for 'BECK' on the shirt.
369240xl.jpg

Seriously though, I'm glad that Beck has gotten some fans on here and that I was able to introduce a bunch of people to such an amazing series. :D

J2 Cool

*cough*Berserk*cough* Oh, excuse me.. *cough*Berserk!!*cough* Let me handle this, one minute good sir. *walks out of thread*

karasu

Yeah Thanks alot Meier. You introduced me to that about a month after I started playing guitar, which made it even sweeter. It's become my favorite comic ever, above Berserk, Superman, Batman, Xmen and all of that shit. A winner is you :D

Meier

J2 Cool said:
*cough*Berserk*cough* Oh, excuse me.. *cough*Berserk!!*cough* Let me handle this, one minute good sir. *walks out of thread*

I love me some Berserk and am buying the books as they come out in America despite their ridiculous price.. but trust me on this one, Beck is absolutely amazing. With Tokyopop using the t/l from Mangascreener for the project, I'm sure I will be pleased with the job they do on the English version. :D

karasu: I imagine that would make it all the more sweet. Glad you've enjoyed it so much!

Meier

Trust me, I pimped Monster and 20th Century Boys on here a lot as well -- Monster especially. I'm a huge fan of Urasawa's, but as a music fanatic -- nothing comes close to Beck. :D

Mugen

Banned
Yah Meier, I got those recommendations from you man, but Beck being better than Monster? I dunno man.

Meier said:
Trust me, I pimped Monster and 20th Century Boys on here a lot as well -- Monster especially. I'm a huge fan of Urasawa's, but as a music fanatic -- nothing comes close to Beck. :D

As a non-music fanatic, nothing beats Beck. Hell, I read a lot of manga and the references you mention usually go right over my head, but it's still the best. (Yeah Meier, you rock for pointing the manga out way back when I was a fresh recruit)

GG-Duo

Firefighter Daigo begs to differ...
but then again, you obviously made that topic just to be radical.

Beck is good, but personally I feel that it's too _light_... too easygoing.

Monk

Banned
GG-Duo said:
Firefighter Daigo begs to differ...
but then again, you obviously made that topic just to be radical.

Beck is good, but personally I feel that it's too _light_... too easygoing.

o_0 Um, that is not the case anymore.

GG-Duo

Monk said:
o_0 Um, that is not the case anymore.

Oh? Last time i checked it out it was some sort of Bremen (with no fighting) + I"s + light-hearted humor amalgamation. So you're saying it's better?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Beck is great, so is Monster and 20th Century Boys (or even just anything Urasawa does)

But I don't think anything can beat Nausicaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom