• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there anyway to save the trilogy now? (Star Wars)

Kadayi

Banned
bones-mccoy.jpg

MoFuzz

In short, my answer is no. At this point, anything they attempt is too little, too late. That may sound overly harsh or critical, but they really have done a piss-poor job of laying any kind of foundation to build on.

It has a weak ass antagonist who was conflicted 5 mins into the first movie, and takes an L by the end of the same film. His injury isn't an excuse. There was simply no reason for him to get bested by a rookie on screen. It looked bad even at first glance, and the problem has only magnified since. He's belittled by Snoke, disrespected by General Hux and just is an all around whiny, petulant man-child. Just a whole lot of yelling and frothing at the mouth. Zero threat, zero menace. Contrast that with Darth Vader who took 3 movies to feel any kind of internal conflict, and 3 movies to actually lose a fight.

It has a weak ass protagonist who endures no struggle and sacrifices little to nothing. From the get go, Rey doesn't have clear and concise motivations for any of her actions. She just wanders around aimlessly looking for someone to tell her what her place is, in the story. BTW, Kylo literally tells her this, which means that they noticed, but don't actually make any attempt to develop her as a consequence. The fact that she remains the same amorphous blob after two movies is just unbelievably boring. What is her purpose? What are her aims? Luke wanted to save the princess, become a Jedi and defeat the empire. Good thing she's adept at everything, as it'd be a shame for a hero to actually have to overcome adversity and hardship.

There's no dangling plot lines or mysteries that need to be resolved, and they've killed off all of the older, more interesting characters that audiences are invested in, while failing miserably to prop up the new blood to be anything of interest, so quite honestly, I couldn't give two shits about how the story resolves. For the first time in three decades, I don't care about a mainline Star Wars film.

Even the overarching narrative themes are all wrong. Outside of maybe bounty hunters and roguish smugglers, moral relativism doesn't belong in Star Wars. Jedi are good, Sith are evil. You can play with those conventions a bit, but this isn't Game of Thrones. You can't take a 40 year old property and up-end everything to the point that it barely resembles whats in the name anymore. It's a classic hero's journey, in space. Either continue the story consistently with what came before, or start fresh in another time and place, removed from what's already been established.

It's difficult to bring up the film without drawing parallels to the political divide that's crept up in the western world in recent years. So much has been made of the progressive angle that was routinely praised by mainstream media outlets for its diverse cast, perceived female empowerment, and casting aside of the old ways. The fanbase is now fractured and instead of self-reflection on their part in what resulted in hundreds of millions in loss revenue, LucasFilm has instead chosen to gleefully mock and insult those who don't agree with their new vision. It's a terrible way to run a company. There's nothing wrong with attempting to open up your product to a new audience, but don't forgot about your core fans. It's such a basic principle of any consumer based business. Blizzard committed the same sin more recently, and they are now paying dearly for it in the same way.

So congratulations to Rian Johnson, JJ, Kathleen Kennedy & the rest of Lucasfilm. you've killed a golden goose. Imagine telling someone back in 2013 that the state of the franchise would be this dire in only 5 years. Who'd have thought that we'd be longing for the return of George Lucas while questioning our own disdain for the prequels?

TL;DR - as Kadayi Kadayi points out above, "It's dead Jim"

Last edited:

pr0cs

That’s basically what they did with rogue one but with Vader and movie watchers loved it
Nah, R1 didn't shit on the previous stories. It wasn't perfect but didn't have so many plot holes when compared to TLJ's Swiss cheese.

R1 at least had a cohesive story with the right amount of nostalgia.

There is no way to redeem the series as it stands. For the first time ever I don't plan on watching a star wars movie in the theatre

dan76

I think they can redeem the trilogy somewhat, but there is not going to be any kind of public acknowledgement that TLJ sucked balls.

What could they do? Anything, because Rian Johnson screwed up any future space battle with a hyperspace bomb. Yoda can summon lightning in the real world... Do anything, at this point it doesn't matter. There is no consistency to any of this. Have Luke fight Snoke with a reformed Vader in the "force" realm. Whatever. Some stupid ideas:

1. Finn wakes up and it was all a fever dream - as obviously stupid as this sounds, Dallas did it. I'd buy it.

2. Luke isn't dead. I think this could be explained in some way with Leia dying, or Leia bringing him back. At the end of TLF he just disappears, we didn't actually see him die.. Hell, he could just stroll out of the toilet of the Falcon... But we know that Episode 9 is set a few years after TLJ, so no joy there.

3. Hopefully Rose is dead. Get Finn, Poe and Rey together to go on a mission. At least get some chemistry and energy between the new characters. Kylo Ren is now Supreme Leader, gone power mad, but maybe the galaxy is stable. Maybe people are happy to live with other systems being used and abused. Maybe no one is on the Resistants side because they're happy this way. The Resistance are the bad guys! Maybe not.

4. I don't know what could happen, but have the Resistance fail. Imagine if at the end of Episode 9 evil rules the galaxy. At least it would set up a new trilogy and we could forget this one.

Whatever happens, I'm not bothered about seeing it.

TTOOLL

I don't know man, I love Star Wars and I could only watch 20 minutes of the Last Jedi, and I was hyped as hell! I don't know what happened but I just DO NOT want to see it.

iconmaster

Banned
Yeah, and it’s actually kinda easy.

Make Rey the villain. She goes full Dark Side, and Luke has to help someone defeat her.

(My preference is that Luke himself defeats her, because death can no longer hold him and he returns as a non-ghost Gandalf-the-White Wrecker of Evil, but I’m trying to keep my expectations in check)

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
recently i saw TFA again so i could watch the Rifftrax. funny enough, the entire crawl of the first movie is about the importance of Luke Skywalker. like, it is hammered at repeatedly how important he is. then the entire movie is based on finding him. it really is the only setup for the entire sequel trilogy.

then they had the gall to say "Oh you wanted Luke to save everyone? You fanboy", it's hilarious. wow they subverted expectations they themselves set up.

ditto for the Rey flashbacks. we sit through several flashbacks telling us how important her family is. not to the Star Wars SagaTM but to her. then the next film is "Lol you dumb fanboys".

tbh fuck this series
Yeah all that setup made it so amazing in the sequel for all of your expectations to be subverted! Don’t you see the Rian Johnson genius?? Who else could look at all the setup from a previous movie and then burn it all to the ground just to say “tricked ya!”

The fact that you think the only way to "fix" the triology is by having Luke come back and "totally wreck some shit" means your opinion isn't worth considering.

The Disney Star Wars films have been so much better than what Lucas did with the prequels it's unbelievable. I really think that if it weren't for its politics TLJ would be near universally considered the best film of the series.
giphy.gif

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
TLJ had good ideas but poor pacing and poor execution, if it was part 2 of 6 instead of part 2 of 3 it might have given time to iron out the problems and fix things.

Star Wars is totally fucked btw. Seeing people on FB who just accept it in droves without stopping to think how bad the franchise as a whole is makes me glad I have no emotional investment in it anymore.

e7a.jpg

bitbydeath

Burn it to the ground and start over. People hate the new trilogy but it was the prequels that ruined Star Wars when they turned the Force into a joke.

Even Yamcha could have beaten all the Jedis in their prime with both arms tied behind his back.

pel1300

RJ and KK must hate JJ or something because they decided to take a giant shit on what he was trying to set up in TFA. Its like they said Fuck JJ and his myster boxes were going to just drop everything to show him and those Star Wars fans, no here are some MOAR women in your movie.

You forget to mention Snoke. Remember in TFA he was some giant hologram for some reason. Was he really tiny or super big? Was his face all scared and messed up? Where is he from, is he some former Star Wars character? Then we learn nothing about Snoke and he is killed off after what 10 minutes total of screen time if that in TLJ.

The Luke thing has to be the biggest fuck you though. Like the entire point almost of TFA was to get the map from BB-8 and find Luke. Why did anyone care about the stupid map BB-8 had? Kylo even destroyed a whole village for that stupid map. If Luke was just going to be a pussy bitch well then the First Order could of dumped BB-8 in the trash and just moved on. Was it ever said why the First Order wanted a map to find Luke? Did they want to kill him or force him to train other Jedi?

Clearly JJ wanted Luke to do something really important, but RJ decided it would be better to tell fanboys to fuck off and subvert our expectations by having Luke be a total pussy jackass.

This is exactly what I keep saying...why are people searching for Luke as if he is such a game changer when he's just on some unfindable place to die?

People who love the film say "Because killing the Last Jedi will take hope away from the entire galaxy....

uh....what do you think about that?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Alternative solution: ignore episode 9 and hope Favreau can save the franchise with The Mandalorian.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You can't even save SW because of the fans that will just watch whatever trash is fed to them.

Helios

The current trilogy, no. But there's so many ways to go with star wars. You've got so much to work with. Hire someone competent, go in a different direction. Rogue One and Solo had the right idea. Personally I'd love something done in the old republic era.

The only interesting plot point that they have left is Rey-Kylo dynamic if they can do something with it the last movie might be somewhat salvagable.

But I bet Disney is scared as hell as drop from part 1 to part 2 is so big so they will try to play it as safe as possible which means movie will be bland and soulless.

cryptoadam

Banned
This is exactly what I keep saying...why are people searching for Luke as if he is such a game changer when he's just on some unfindable place to die?

People who love the film say "Because killing the Last Jedi will take hope away from the entire galaxy....

uh....what do you think about that?

Funny thing, and especially about TLJ, I never even got the feeling that the galaxy cared or even knew about Luke or what the resistence was doing. TLJ especially felt really small. We see/know nothing about anyone else and the FO seems kinda small too spending all their time focusing on one dinky ship.

So I think why would the Galaxy even care about a hermit who no one really knows is alive or dead who basically has done nothing for 20 years since Kylo went rogue. Luke in TFA/TLJ may have been dead already. Heck for all most people know he is dead the only way we know about his exsistance is because BB-8 has a map to him. Thats all that is left of Luke a map hidden in a robot.

Ennosuke

The ST is dead for me, that movie needs to be really good to actually make me look a little bit more positively into the future. I cannot take it seriously anymore, everything feels like a bad joke.

pel1300

Funny thing, and especially about TLJ, I never even got the feeling that the galaxy cared or even knew about Luke or what the resistence was doing. TLJ especially felt really small. We see/know nothing about anyone else and the FO seems kinda small too spending all their time focusing on one dinky ship.

So I think why would the Galaxy even care about a hermit who no one really knows is alive or dead who basically has done nothing for 20 years since Kylo went rogue. Luke in TFA/TLJ may have been dead already. Heck for all most people know he is dead the only way we know about his exsistance is because BB-8 has a map to him. Thats all that is left of Luke a map hidden in a robot.
The funny thing is...if TFO did nothing...didn't bother with searching for Luke....Starkiller base would not have been destroyed. Finn wouldn't have defected. Han Solo wouldn't have been brought back into the fold. BB8 would never have met Rey...Finn wouldn't have met REy. Rey would still be a scavenger on Jakku.

The First Order fucked up by giving a shit about Luke. the guy has disappeared for 10 years...just leave him be lol he obviously died or doesn't give a fuck.

Nymphae

Banned
I always laugh thinking about how in TFA, Han's plan for getting into Starkiller base was to drop out of hyperdrive, manually, within the distance between the force field and the planet surface.

He literally just focuses his eyes on the star tunnel for a second after talking and pulls this move out of his asshole.

Last edited:

Petrae

Star Wars is forever fucked, and Disney is the culprit. There’s nothing that can be done to save it. George Lucas is out, and those who are left are going to continue to drive the franchise into the ground.

The fanbase is permanently fractured. The filmmakers and writers haven’t shown that they have any ideas, other than casting a live-action Benetton ad set in a Star Wars universe.

It saddened me at first, as a former fan who would see any new Star Wars movie during its first showing... but I’ve since made my peace with Star Wars essentially being dead to me. Hell, I don’t even watch the original trilogy anymore. The whole thing is fatally tainted.

MilkyJoe

I heard that it's going to have a Rey and Rose buddy storyline, so if that's true it's well and truly fucked.

dsier

Sadly, I don't think there is anything they can do with Episode 9 that would salvage the dumpster fire that has been The Last Jedi. That film has created so many problems and pretty much destroyed any hype I had for this new trilogy after the very enjoyable but safe The Force Awakens.
It seems like they are building towards a big climax where Rey and Kylo do battle once again, which could have been really cool since they already fought in TFA as "rookies" and them meeting again at the height of their respective powers could have been really awesome. And they were on a pretty interesting story arc in TLJ, too, with their temporary team up and the possibility of an alliance between the two. But that story arc culminated in arguably the least interesting way possible. So I have no real hope that their story arc can be salvaged in Episode 9.
Finn has been rendered pretty much useless thanks to TLJ. Think about it, what is his purpose? What does he actually do? His entire sub plot could have been cut from TLJ and it wouldn't have made any difference. It felt like the director threw something together quickly because he finished his story and realized "damn, there is this character who is kind of important but doesn't partake in this story at all". Again, so much missed potential here. His redemption story, being a former Storm Trooper turned rebel, could have been something truly unique and special.
I could write pages about how much TLJ has negatively impacted my enjoyment of the new trilogy and, to a lesser extent, even the older films but I won't go into any more detail here.

llien

They went way too far at this point, there is no way of undoing jedi's new superpowers, uber-outofnowhere-untrained-yet-wiping-the-floor-with-yoda superjedi girl, wiping rebel forces, exclusively female leadership (Jesus Christ, is it Sally Gearhart's "Future is Female" thing? Will they reduce population of males to 10% too as envisaged in her plans?), sore (dead) loser Luke, hyperspace-jump attacks, nazi New Order.

I enjoyed Rogue One quite a bit but, for me, Solo is the definition of “meh.”
Ditto.

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
The trilogy is not finished yet. Neither Millenium Falcon or Chewie has been tarnished yet.

To complete the destruction and a final FU to the bigot fans for disliking the last few movies:

Episode IX plot:
- Chewie and Rico lures the remainder of the rebellion into the Millenium Falcon to "flee" to some safe place.
- Unknown to them, Chewie planted a bomb which destroys MF and everyone except Chewie and Rico.
- Show the explosion where MF is destroyed for the next 15 minutes, in slow motion, from every conceivable angle
- Plot twist: Chewie was a sith lord all along.
- Plot twist, Luke was a nazi all along. He shows up as blue luke ghost, next to obiwan and yoda blue ghosts. They all wear nazi
uniforms and svastikas. They praise Chewie for his heroic work to kill the resistance.
- Chewie is elected new emperor. Rico is made his queen. Chewie and Rico have beastiality celebration sex for the next
45 minutes while nazi luke, obi and yoda watch.
- The end.

That, or a Bobby Ewing: was all a bad dream.

Saruhashi

Banned
I'm trying to think of possibilities of how JJ can save this dumpster fire with Ep. 9 but nothing much comes to mind.

Maybe they can bring Luke back and make him totally wreck some shit but that seems highly unlikely.

Maybe they can give us a satisfying conclusion to Poe's arc but honestly I have lost interest in all these new characters except Kylo. I dont even know why Finn is in the trilogy at all. It just seems too late to fix all that has been broken.

I feel like the only way they could save it now is to write an Episode 9 that kicks the good guys asses and leaves Kylo Ren looking like an unstoppable villain. Then have an Episode 10 to round off the entire Saga and leave it at that.

Currently you have your main villain on 2 embarrassing losses and going into a 3rd movie it really needs to end on another loss. I don't see how in 2 to 3 hours they are going to build Kylo back up, challenge Rey and then also have a satisfying ending.

In hindsight I would just say they should have left it at Episode 6. Nobody NEEDS to know what happened to Han and Leia and Luke after the party on Endor. Who cares? They all lived happily ever after now move on.

To do a new trilogy they really needed to do a few things:

Plan the entire 3 movies out in advance.
Film all 3 movies at the same time.
Release one movie per year.

In terms of story I think a trilogy that basically boils down to "good vs evil" needs to do certain things like picking one of these:
Evil wins parts 1 & 2 but good wins overall in the final part.
Good wins part 1, Evil comes back and wins part 2, Good takes the 2-1 victory in part 3.
Evil wins part 1, good wins part 2 BUT it's costly and an even bigger battle is built up for part 3. Good wins in the end.

They abandoned this for some reason and so you ended up with the bad guys being humiliated in both parts one and two meaning that they are not legit bad guys.

FFS even 1990s and early 2000s era WWF understood this logic pretty well. You bring in a seemingly unstoppable heel who batters all of the babyfaces and races to the top spot. Then you build up a redemption arc for your main babyface that involves them taking several beatings until they overcome all the odds on the big stage. Easy.

It connects with audiences and everyone goes away happy.

If you REALLY must mix it up then you have some kind of three-way dance where you have 2 protagonists and a "big bad" evil. So your middle part of the trilogy can pit your 2 good guys against each other with them finally settling their differences to face Big Bad in the final third.

There are fundamental characteristics of Star Wars that can be added to these basic rules to put a uniquely Star Wars spin on the basics.

Things like:

The Force as a kind of "fate" or "destiny" mechanism.
The idea that people can flip or turn from Dark Side to Light Side and/or vice versa.
Lightsaber battles and the usual Star Wars imagery.

In the first movie JJ set a lot of these things up pretty well. Sure the movie was a retread of A New Hope to some extent but by the end of it we had multiple possibilities for the future 2 movies.

The Last Jedi is when things start to go bad. It just seems like a "standalone" episode that does nothing to really forward the story in any meaningful way.
When we end Episode 8, Kylo is still evil and has been beaten again. Rey is still good and remains basically unchallened. Finn is the same guy, Poe is the same guy. Snoke is dead. Hux is the same. Luke, Leia and Han have more or less bowed out of the series.

On top of not moving the story forward Episode 8 threw out all of the potential built up from Episode 7 to do it's own thing.

Even the final shot with the kid and the broom is more of a "The End" that a "To be continued...". That's just an insanely bad move, in my opinion.

To save this shitshow? I would say Episode 9 needs to:

Introduce a new "Big Bad" that has some kind of power to negate The Force.
Explore Rey's background.
Force Rey to take a couple of serious losses in the movie.
Look at Rey's specific relationship with The Force.
Consider the possibility that Rey could turn to the Dark Side.
Tie off any character connections to the original trilogy so that Han, Leia or Luke are never mentioned or seen on screen again.
Do not bring in any more of the characters from the old trilogies.
Have Finn become completely disillusioned with war, possibly by having Rose killed off in an early battle scene.
Allow Poe to come round to Finns way of thinking and have them go off to do their own thing, possibly freeing stormtroppers or something like that.
Have some kind of ending to C3PO and R2D2's character arcs, some kind of "happily ever after" for those 2 seems right.
Explore who Snoke was and what he was teaching Kylo and how it relates to new Big Bad.
Introduce the Knights of Ren into the story, have some on them conflicted between Light and Dark.
Give Kylo a major win over the good guys at the beginning of the movie.
Give Kylo and even bigger win at the end of the movie.

THEN have an Episode 10 that was written at the same time as this theoretical Episode 9 and use it to tie off the entire Star Wars Saga in a satisfying "good wins, and they all lived happily ever after" kind of way.

I have a bad feeling that Episode 9 is going to be just OK but is going to be absolutely destroyed by critics. They've already set up this idea that Rian Johnsons Star Wars is the greatest Star Wars and I feel like whatever JJ comes up with will be derided as too safe or predictable.

I'll just be glad to watch Episode 9 and then be done with Star Wars to be honest.
The "Star Wars Story" movies are always going to be hit and miss, mostly miss.
The TV shows etc will make loads of money which will mean loads of seasons which will mean ultimately they will become shite.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Finn has been rendered pretty much useless thanks to TLJ. Think about it, what is his purpose? What does he actually do?

He was literally going to just run away at the beginning of the movie lol. But the only thing I can really think of is when he was going to sacrifice himself to save some of the rebels, but was stopped from doing so by the asian lady.

Saruhashi

Banned
He was literally going to just run away at the beginning of the movie lol. But the only thing I can really think of is when he was going to sacrifice himself to save some of the rebels, but was stopped from doing so by the asian lady.

Finn was probably one of JJs biggest failures in TFA.

So this guy goes on a mission with his fellow Storm Troopers and one of them gets shot and killed.
This freaks him out to the point where he wants to flee the army.

All good so far. Potentially interesting Star Wars character.

Within a day he is killing his former comrades, who he surely knows were also kidnapped as kids or whatever, and openly celebrating as he kills them.

WTF?

Nymphae

Banned
Finn was probably one of JJs biggest failures in TFA.

So this guy goes on a mission with his fellow Storm Troopers and one of them gets shot and killed.
This freaks him out to the point where he wants to flee the army.

All good so far. Potentially interesting Star Wars character.

Within a day he is killing his former comrades, who he surely knows were also kidnapped as kids or whatever, and openly celebrating as he kills them.

WTF?

All they really wanted was the moment in the reveal trailer where the bone white Storm Trooper takes off his helmet to reveal GASP a black man! He's not a good character.

As far as TLJ just shitting on almost everything that TFA set up, how did RJ have the ultimate power to do that? Was JJ not involved at all in decision making for TLJ?

Some of the recent posts here really open my eyes to how TLJ basically made TFA pointless.

Mihos

Gold Member
I can pretty much frame by frame through the whole movie and find something completely infuriatingly stupid in each frame.

It was like the movie was written by random twitter post.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Also anyone that says the last Jedi is political is just ignore worthy. It is not.

I mean, we'll leave aside the identity-politics bits, but Rose in the casino -- are you honestly telling me that's not political? Seriously? I'd be curious to hear your explanation of why that isn't political, given unequal distribution of wealth (a topic heavily laboured during that segment) is a pretty political topic and the cause of much of the beef between left and right.

Saruhashi

Banned
As far as TLJ just shitting on almost everything that TFA set up, how did RJ have the ultimate power to do that? Was JJ not involved at all in decision making for TLJ?

Some of the recent posts here really open my eyes to how TLJ basically made TFA pointless.

My best guess is that RJ is basically just a "yes man" for whoever is actually in charge of Star Wars.

As soon as TLJ was done there were rumours about Johnson getting his own trilogy I was thinking this,

Where you might see a movie being successful and the studio then saying there will be like 10 sequels or a whole expanded universe how often would you see that kind of thing for a specific director.

SOMETHING about the experience with Johnson had the higher ups saying "OK, can we just get this guy to do another 3 movies".

So probably it means that he does what they want when they want and doesn't cause a fuss.

Look at how things went with Trevorrow and also with Lord and Miller. Something is up there.

So I wouldn't say that Johnson had ultimate power but rather he just did what he was told by the ultimate power and he was so good at it they wanted him to do 3 more.

Of course the fan reaction may have put an end to that.

Fbh

The trilogy? No, but they can make the final movie enjoyable.

- Luke is like "I didn't die I just learned to teleport"
- Kylo is like "I went to therapy and no longer act like an edgy teen and now the first order is stronger than ever"
- Finn and Rose are like "we had a son who grew up really fast for some reason and he looks exactly like Finn but isn't a filler character"
- Phasma is like "I lost twice on purpose to make you think I'm pathetic, it's called psychological warfare...I'm actually badass"
- Rey is like "I trained for like a month an half and now I can force push planets and I fight with 98 floating lightsabers".

And then we get 2 hours of mindblowing action setpieces

Elfstar

To save the new trilogy as a whole? There isn't.

The Force Awakens kicked it off in the most boring, safest, unsatisfying, uninteresting way possible, erasing all og trilogy's accomplishments and characters development just to sell some extremely lame commitee-designed soft reboot.

The Last Jedi was a painfully worse-than-mediocre movie that also spitefully desecrated and cut off everything that people used to love and care about the series, leaving them with a bunch of uninteresting protagonists facing an unthreatening enemy and ultimately nothing exciting to look forward to.

But i'm sure JJ will do his best to make a successful, satisfying fanservice-ridden crowd pleaser, finding a way to bring Luke Skywalker back among with other fan favourites as well.

LordPezix

I just don't believe so. I mean you could take a step back on a few things but now that warp speed kamikaze is a reality any space fight would just end up being an argument of "why didn't they just droid warp speed that destroyer no big deal....."

Things like that need to happen at the end of a series or something. Sort of like the eagles in Lord of the Rings.

TLJ will was the last time Starwars squeezes a dime out of me. As good ol Dubya Bush said.

kunonabi

The trilogy is not finished yet. Neither Millenium Falcon or Chewie has been tarnished yet.

To complete the destruction and a final FU to the bigot fans for disliking the last few movies:

Episode IX plot:
- Chewie and Rico lures the remainder of the rebellion into the Millenium Falcon to "flee" to some safe place.
- Unknown to them, Chewie planted a bomb which destroys MF and everyone except Chewie and Rico.
- Show the explosion where MF is destroyed for the next 15 minutes, in slow motion, from every conceivable angle
- Plot twist: Chewie was a sith lord all along.
- Plot twist, Luke was a nazi all along. He shows up as blue luke ghost, next to obiwan and yoda blue ghosts. They all wear nazi
uniforms and svastikas. They praise Chewie for his heroic work to kill the resistance.
- Chewie is elected new emperor. Rico is made his queen. Chewie and Rico have beastiality celebration sex for the next
45 minutes while nazi luke, obi and yoda watch.
- The end.

That, or a Bobby Ewing: was all a bad dream.

The Falcon has that SJW droid as it's computer now. So now every time Han called it a her and everytime C3P0 talked to it that was what they meant.

Chewie is just a chauffer and occasional comic relief these days.

MilkyJoe

Burn it to the ground and start over. People hate the new trilogy but it was the prequels that ruined Star Wars when they turned the Force into a joke.

Even Yamcha could have beaten all the Jedis in their prime with both arms tied behind his back.

They can do whatever the fuck they want with it. Episode 8 rendered episode 7 unwatchable, and killed any desire to see episode 9, in fact it killed any continuity to episode 9. Has that ever hapened before? One film killing 3?

The should just finish this, accept the mediocre takings, sack all of the c*nts involved and then give mark Hamill his own trilogy called "Jedi Academy" then bring in all the EU characters that people know.

Ps did I dream it or did they all have a happy party in the back of the Millennial Falcon at the end of TLJ, despite having lost almost everyone?

VulcanRaven

I have a feeling that they are going to destroy Millenium Falcon. It is likely that Leia would have died in the movie if Carrie Fisher hadn't died.

Episode 9 can be a great movie but it can't save the trilogy. I wish that Luke hadn't died in The Last Jedi. I was really excited about Episode 9 after that Luke vs Kylo Ren scene but then he died. I wonder if JJ Abrams had planned it or was it Rian Johnson's idea?

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

I have a feeling that they are going to destroy Millenium Falcon. It is likely that Leia would have died in the movie if Carrie Fisher hadn't died.

Episode 9 can be a great movie but it can't save the trilogy. I wish that Luke hadn't died in The Last Jedi. I was really excited about Episode 9 after that Luke vs Kylo Ren scene but then he died. I wonder if JJ Abrams had planned it or was it Rian Johnson's idea?

All the way through the Last Jedi they were saying Let the past die, kill it if you have to... It could not have been more obvious what their plan was if Kylo had done a big wink and a shit eating grin at the camera.

The only thing they didnt count on is that the NPCs and kids of today do not like Star Wars as much as the OT PT fans do. And we are the ones with all the money. NPCs are broke and kids are just kids. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

cryptoadam

Banned
The funny thing is...if TFO did nothing...didn't bother with searching for Luke....Starkiller base would not have been destroyed. Finn wouldn't have defected. Han Solo wouldn't have been brought back into the fold. BB8 would never have met Rey...Finn wouldn't have met REy. Rey would still be a scavenger on Jakku.

The First Order fucked up by giving a shit about Luke. the guy has disappeared for 10 years...just leave him be lol he obviously died or doesn't give a fuck.

exactly. And actually RJ showed us that Luke didn't give a fuck. He didn't want to train Rey, didn't want to go fight Kylo, and only did that force ghost thing at the last minute. Luke even threw his light saber off the island.

The guy didn't CARE at all about the FO/Resistance all he wanted to do was drink green milk all day. And the big thing they were worried about was ghost Luke pulling a Darth Helmet "fooled you" on Kylo. I can't believe he fell for the oldest trick in the book man!

But I am sure the "force" made all of this happen. It was all the plan of the "force" LOL.

cryptoadam

Banned
I heard that it's going to have a Rey and Rose buddy storyline, so if that's true it's well and truly fucked.

My prediction is EP 9 will be about Rose and Finn's wedding, and Rey wondering how she can ask Kylo to be her date.

Star Wars:Rom-Com to bring in all those female viewers.

cryptoadam

Banned
a few more points.

Kylo is horrible. TFA he was a bit interesting as this sniviling whiny bratty bad guy. You kinda felt that he could grow throughout the triology so maybe they were going somewhere. But TLJ all they did was get him some muscles and make him shirtless. How this guy killed Snoke and took over the FO when in the first movie he was everyones bitch makes no sense. Everyone made fun of this guy and now they all fear him. It would of been so much more interesting to turn him good and Rey evil and reverse roles for the 3rd film.

It really feels like KK said lets undo everything JJ did, and insert these 2 "strong women" into the film and who cares about the rest. So all of a sudden moving the movie along are Rose and Holdo. Like why should we care about these stories when you have all these characters you set up in the first movie!

Neff

Abrams can put out a fun, dumb, diverting flick, which is what I expect IX to be, but Star Wars as we knew it from '77 to '05 is now stuck forever in the past since the governing powers that be have neither the interest nor the talent to resurrect it.

Politics was the least of TLJ's problems.

This. The politics were unsubtle, preachy and patronising, but they didn't wreck the movie.

Rian Johnson going out of his way to make a nonsensical film filled with idiots which displays transparent disdain for Star Wars, its universe, and its fans wrecked the movie.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I'm still marvelling at the idea that the appropriate wear for when you're on the run from the Empire The First Order Is an evening gown

I think the best salvage youre going to get is them fabricating something on par with TFA. Its fucking clear how disney has (mis)treated this series. I dont expect anything more than some super shitty story, obvious throw away callbacks to appease fans, flashy dogfighting and light sabers, with an ultrahype mysterious ending for the next movie.

Really don't think i'm seeing this movie unless i'm on an airplane...not even sure friend/critics reviews can sway me post release.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
They can do whatever the fuck they want with it. Episode 8 rendered episode 7 unwatchable, and killed any desire to see episode 9, in fact it killed any continuity to episode 9. Has that ever hapened before? One film killing 3?

It's worse than that. They might have killed all 10+ Star Wars movies in one fell swoop. I don't know if such an act of devastating stupidity has ever been done in the history of movies but I think they might have pulled it off.

Introduce a new "Big Bad" that has some kind of power to negate The Force.

That would be nice, but the time to do something like that was in the first movie, or the second. Throwing in some unknown baddie out of nowhere at the end would just reek of desperation and bad planning. Yeah I know they threw in General Grievous in Episode 3 but his existence was always hinted at as the leader of the Separatist army.

Top Bottom