• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this not the greatest intro ever?

Odoul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYf-PnPDGE

I know fancy intro are basically standard now. They're bigger, louder and more cinematic. But God back in the day...

1997. My brother and I had been saving and scrimping for a year and a half. We finally bought our Playstation and this was the first thing we saw out of it. Blew our minds. We had never experienced anything like it. The CG, the music. How pumped it got you.

In fact I'd go so far to say Tekken 3 is right there with Super Metroid as the highest quality, most fun, most played games I've ever owned.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
No. In fact it only makes me even more glad I stopped playing Tekken games after Tekken 2.

Namco sure kick ass with their fighter intro.

Tekken 5 and especially Soul Calibur 3's (presented is awesome Dolby Digital EX 5.1 surround sound, epic stuff) kick major ass.

Tekken 3 was one of my played games of that entire generation, though I never did consider myself more than intermidate at most, still I got to the point if all you really did was button smash with some actual effort thrown in here and there without knowing most of the characters technics of Tekken, matches would turn something like 58-9 in my favor against my friends.

Nowadays I can never really reach that level of commitment to a fighter anymore.

Dahbomb

I agree, Namco is the king of fighter game intros. Tekken 3 intro is pretty good as well but Soul Edge for its time was revolutionary shit.

Dahbomb said:
I agree, Namco is the king of fighter game intros. Tekken 3 intro is pretty good as well but Soul Edge for its time was revolutionary shit.

Oh, no doubt Soul Edge initial impact with that intro just floored me as such intros were dreams in the previous generation. Completely pumped me up!

argon

I always thought Metal Gear Solid PSX was the greatest intro ever. Sure, it wasn't the prettiest compared to CG intros, but it was incredibly cinematic. Having the intro credits roll as you started playing the first section was an awesome idea.

mikeGFG

Banned
Yeah the Tekken 3 intro was the shit.

I always wished the sleazy, haggard inmate was a playable character
haggardgu7.jpg

Odoul

argon said:
I always thought Metal Gear Solid PSX was the greatest intro ever. Sure, it wasn't the prettiest compared to CG intros, but it was incredibly cinematic. Having the intro credits roll as you started playing the first section was an awesome idea.

Oh for sure. From the minute the company logo pops up to
The elevator
. Was a cold scene.

Great game. I've had 2 and 3 for over a year and I STILL haven't played them. Really gotta get my PS2 back.

robot

How awesome was Revenge of Shinobi's intro - quick and to the point, not to mention badass as can be.

MGrant

Final Fantasy 8 gets my vote. I wasn't too impressed by the puppet-ish, low-detail CG scenes of Final Fantasy 7, but then Square blew me away with that intro. So much faster-paced and well-made.

ssoass

"I'm stiiiiiiiill in a dreeeeeam.... SNAAAAKE EATEEEER!"

Aside from that...

Vagrant Story had the most amazing intro ever for the time.
It was like 10 minutes long, and very cinematic. (even moreso than MGS1)
Here's the first part, you can find the rest from there:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=chO8hTZylA8

Top Bottom