• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this not the greatest intro ever?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Are we talking best intro ever here?

Mechwarrior 2. Hands down. Every time I booted that game up I watched the intro... never before or since had an intro gotten me so pumped to play a game.

Iceman

The only intro that I would rewatch at least a couple of times before EACH play is that of Shining Force III (Scenario 1). I don't think I'll ever change my answer.

These bring back a lot of memories. Also, Shadow of the Colossus.

And whoever said Vagrant Story gets extra points. On the topic of Matsuno, the intro to FFXII is pretty good. The game intro, that is, not the attract mode thing (which is fine, too, and more in line with the type of intro being thrown around in this thread).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
No game intro thread is complete until...

BadDudes.gif

Teasel

it's a shame that it's impossible to find on internet but overboard/shipwreckers intro was awesome and had a killer music

Watching the Ocarina of Time intro gave me chills.

What an amazing ****ing game.

Please take the time of scrolling down to appreciate its greatness.

That is all.

Log4Girlz

After seeing the shit-fest that is the panzer dragoon intro, anyone who mentions it from this point forth is getting slapped, hard, with a fish.

FirewalkR

Alex said:
We're also talking about the best, not the worst. Watching Final Fantasy take that last degrading step to sub Teen Disney fodder is hardly "hotness".

As I said, not talking about the games, and certainly not about the expansion of a Final Fantasy game into "sub Teen Disney fodder" as you describe it! Hell, I haven't even played X-2 yet! But the intro is probably the best cinematic i've seen. :)

GhaleonEB

Log4Girlz said:
After seeing the shit-fest that is the panzer dragoon intro, anyone who mentions it from this point forth is getting slapped, hard, with a fish.
the visuals have long since been surpassed. but sound, direction, art design.....top notch. I can understand disagreeing with my opinion, but your response was stupid. +1 ignore list

FirewalkR

En-ou said:
that ffx-2 intro is poo

Hmmm... lemme think... nope, it's not :lol

Anyway, I saw you posted Blizzard intros, and talking about Blizzard cinematics, the one at the end of Starcraft: Broodwar will live in my memory forever. :) Which reminds me, is there a thread like this for endings? It would probably be very
dark

Porridge

Wow, haven't seen the Tekken 3 intro in a good long time. Great game, great intro.

Tekken 2's intro is equally awesome

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
soul edge still wins. cg intros are kind of a lost art -- they're rarely as good as they were on saturn or ps1. though come to think of it i really liked the soul calibur 3 intro.

akachan ningen said:
The chrono cross one is great too, too bad the game was so weak.

pretty much. even when i watch it now it implies an awesome game that never actually happened :/

Top Bottom