• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been 5 years since the last console ZELDA was revealed. Is it time for another?

GamerSoul

sprocket said:
the megaton would be a major zelda spin off staring the running mail man! Id buy 5 copies myself!

lol no. but there should be a side-quest where link dresses up like the mailman and joins his ranks for missions. it would be most good.

BrandNew said:
You think Wii Sports Resort is the only Motion+ title they have to show off? :lol

No fucking way. They already showed it off and it's coming out in a month and a half. It'll be at the show, yes, but they're bound to have a big title franchise backing the controller as well.

You don't think Wii Sports Resort is a gigantic title franchise? Wii Sports is the best selling game on the best selling game console this generation. Even if you discount the countries that got it as a pack-in. Nintendo's definitely going to be putting as much press behind the second game in the series as they can get, to try and replicate that and try and make an accessory accepted by the masses (a very hard thing to do). Sure, they announced it and showed some videos of it a year ago, but they haven't even started the press-train yet.

That's not saying they won't show other games (in fact the only way I think it could be even remotely possible Nintendo would ruin Spirit Track's thunder by announcing another Zelda game would be if they were really throwing a ton of Motion+ game announcements out there to try and make a big splash), but Wii Sports Resort will get the main focus.

[Nintex]

Someone who knows about this stuff told me that the new Wii Zelda would be different beast(as in developed by Retro with Motion Plus support). Shiggy has been hinting the same thing and he's mostly right on the money, there's other sources stating this also. In the latest Gamescoop the IGN guys joke around that Trilogy was made by the janitor and that they've got another big announcement to make.

Dascu

[Nintex] said:
Someone who knows about this stuff told me that the new Wii Zelda would be different beast(as in developed by Retro with Motion Plus support). Shiggy has been hinting the same thing and he's mostly right on the money, there's other sources stating this also. In the latest Gamescoop the IGN guys joke around that Trilogy was made by the janitor and that they've got another big announcement to make.
The rumour of Retro Studios working on Zelda Wii has been going around for a while now, even supported by Surfergirl, IIRC.

I guess we'll find out next week. ;)

Xrenity

Don't know what to think about Retro making a Zelda game.

I think I'd rather have EAD make one.

But hey, if it's good, I'll get it. Can't wait for a new one.

Lindsay said:
Link%27s_Crossbow_Training.jpg

Its been 5 years since this was revealed o_O?

This is technically NOT a Zelda game. It's not called "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training". It just has a character and settings from the Zelda games.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I wish these Zelda E3 predictions would stop popping up and trying to get me hyped. Like others have said, you're only setting yourself up for bitter disappointment and we're going to have weeks of that after the show comes and goes.

After two dud E3s in a row from Nintendo, I'm taking the Link* approach to my expectations for this year - jaded unenthusiasm and a general pessimistic outlook, and anything that shows up (Zelda or not) will be a pleasant surprise that I can get me knickers in a twist over in the comfort of my own home.

Incidentally, I would also like for them to not show a new Zelda yet - the longer it's kept in secret, the longer they have to develop it and make an amazing experience out of again, just like Twilight Princess was. I already have Spirit Tracks to look forward to at the end of the year and that's quite enough for me thankyouverymuch.

*The GAFfer.

GCX

I hope I'm wrong but all these "ZELDA WILL BE ANNOUNED!1" posts give me a serious deja vu from the pre-GDC threads where people were quessing not if but when and how during the speech Iwata would announce Zelda Wii.

ZeldaBingo.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
After the last console zelda...I think Nintendo should cook the next one for a few years longer to improve on the overall quality

Chao

Always-honest said:
i really would like the next Zelda to be in HD.. i just do... sorry..

That's cool, because next Zelda will be on PS3.
HD graphics on par with Uncharted 2, grass fields like in "Flower", beautiful 7.1 uncompressed sound trough HDMI and orchestrated soundtrack...

That would be awesome.
So awesome.

Fuck you Nintendo.

alistairw said:
That was the most embarrassingly immature display of bullshit from a crowd of supposed professionals I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing.

It's like an Obama press conference

jk

At any rate, yes that was nuts :lol Was the public there, too?

darkwings

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
After the last console zelda...I think Nintendo should cook the next one for a few years longer to improve on the overall quality

Zelda TP was in development for 3-4 years. I think they just should switch things around, a lot.

Gravijah said:
I need a reason other than Animal Crossing City Folk to buy a Wii, please.

Excitebots, Punch-Out!, Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Galaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy(Coming this August), Pikimin 3 in the works, Zelda Wii, Mario Galaxy 2?

Conduit, Mad World, Redsteel(1&2), Zack and Wiki, Klonoa, No More Heroes

And to answer the threads question yes its time for Zelda Wii already!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ajvizzgamer101 said:
Excitebots, Punch-Out!, Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Galaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy(Coming this August), Pikimin 3 in the works, Zelda Wii, Mario Galaxy 2?

Conduit, Mad World, Redsteel(1&2), Zack and Wiki, Klonoa, No More Heroes
Unfortunately, I don't think he actually cares.

People like that don't actually WANT to know what games are on the Wii, they just want to be able to say that there's nothing on it.

Chao said:
That's cool, because next Zelda will be on PS3.
HD graphics on par with Uncharted 2, grass fields like in "Flower", beautiful 7.1 uncompressed sound trough HDMI and orchestrated soundtrack...

yeah.. maybe team ico will step up to deliver a much desired experience like that

Anticitizen One said:
If Mario Galaxy, mad world, punch-out, excitetruck, supersmash bros brawl, mario kart wii, sin & punishment, and Klonoa don't convince you. NOTHING WILL

I guess nothing will then.

Really, mentioning No More Heroes and Mad World would have probably made the argument more enticing for me, but still...

Jea Song said:
Why can't they just make a really different type of zelda game, yet still have the same elements that make it zelda.

I spent about 5 minutes trying to find the words to encapsulate how stupid this sentence is. I'm still at a loss.

SonicMegaDrive said:
I'd love a new Zelda game, but only if they break away from the OOT mold.

Just something...different.

i have a little hope.... iwata always talks about how they must surprise fans ...

zelda, galaxy, prime, disaster... all started at the time of GC ... they have basicly old gameplay with new features added...

its time for new "hardcore" games that started to be developed for Wii day 0

Starchasing said:
o have a little hope.... iwata always talks about how they must surprise fans ...

zelda, galaxy, prime, disaster... all started at the time of GC ... they have basiclu old gameplay with new features added...

its time for new "hardcore" games that started to be developed for Wii da 0

I agree, I really don't think the next one is going to be traditional.

I feel that Nintendo feels that the N64/GC style has run it's course. I'm not sure WHAT they're going to do with the next one. I guarantee it'll have motion controls of some sort, but that's obvious. But I just don't see them churning out yet another sequel.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
It's been 25+ years since the last console Balloon Fight was announced.

Get in line, Zelda.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Shig said:
Hey, you're counting the DS then you better post a few boxarts for the OP, too.
damn, you caught the post. :lol I'm blind, didn't see you meant consoles like the OP.

Starchasing said:
metroid -----> metroid prime

zelda .....> X

he wants X

and X is futuristic space elements right?

Come on. You Zelda bitching zealots don't know what the fuck you want. You say you want "different, but still Zelda" and then when Nintendo gives it to you you still bitch. What about Phantom Hourglass wasn't Zelda? What about Spirit tracks (that we know anyway; which is virtually nothing) isn't Zelda? Both games either had or look to have different elements while still retaining the core gameplay.

DeaconKnowledge said:
and X is futuristic space elements right?

Come on. You Zelda bitching zealots don't know what the fuck you want. You say you want "different, but still Zelda" and then when Nintendo gives it to you you still bitch. What about Phantom Hourglass wasn't Zelda? What about Spirit tracks (that we know anyway; which is virtually nothing) isn't Zelda? Both games either had or look to have different elements while still retaining the core gameplay.

no ganon

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
koam said:
flawed logic is flawed.

2D Metroid ----> Metroid Prime
2D Zelda ---> 3D Zeldas
We need a 4D Zelda now, obviously.

I doubt Nintendo's going to publish a PS3 game, though.

gimz

i hope the new zelda has an actual big forest for us to explore with differernt villages and tribe who lives there (think GTA's city), not jus different room(area) with trees on the side as background

Shiggy

wsippel said:
Which supposedly is Zelda, so...

According to Surfergirl - who was also right about Punch-Out Wii (even with Balance Board support), Dead Rising2, Lost Planet 2, Onimusha 5 (which will be shown at E3) and many other games..

Aegus

The day that a new Zelda is released is usually the day that the previous Zelda is fondly remembered as being awesome.

So I await this day so that TP gets the love it deserves.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Shiggy said:
According to Surfergirl - who was also right about Punch-Out Wii (even with Balance Board support), Dead Rising2, Lost Planet 2, Onimusha 5 (which will be shown at E3) and many other games..
Wow, she predicted there would be sequels to successful Capcom games? How does she do it?

Hobbun

It would be great if we hear about the Wii Zelda at E3. But I will remain skeptical.

What I'd really like to hear is a confirmed release (to the day) for Mario & Luigi 3.

Shiggy

Shig said:
Wow, she predicted there would be sequels to successful Capcom games? How does she do it?

How do you explain Punch-Out then? Come on, she had some great sources and her information was reliable for most part. Cope with it!

Aegus said:
The day that a new Zelda is released is usually the day that the previous Zelda is fondly remembered as being awesome.

So I await this day so that TP gets the love it deserves.

Fucking this. Twilight Princess *bow*

Raide

After announcing Spirit Tracks, you really think they are going to announce another Zelda so soon?

I would rather Nintendo either

1) New IP's. Leave Mario alone for a bit, his ass is all sore. :lol
2) Old IP's they have not touched yet. i.e. F-Zero, PilotWings

Top Bottom