• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anth0ny said:
sexyflanders.gif

Season 11 is awesome sometimes.

Also, that dearly departed list is way too big =(
Newest Google Chrome makes that gif amazing.

Fernando Rocker said:
Do you guys think that, deep down inside, Matt Groening truly realizes that The Simpsons has been sucking since Season 10?

I assume he doesn't care because he got to make more Futurama, plus he lead the show to around 10 years of unstoppable quality, making him one of the most successful people in television.

Also, moneymoneymoneymoney

I never realized Barry White passed away. Shows how much I pay attention to celebrity news I guess.

Edit: Huh, I didn't know Gary Coleman was dead either.

Whogie

Fernando Rocker said:
Do you guys think that, deep down inside, Matt Groening truly realizes that The Simpsons has been sucking since Season 10?
plplP.jpg

This pic appears in Season 13 during a clip show that ended with a song saying they have plenty of ideas to go. I think the writers were half-kidding.

Whogie said:
This pic appears in Season 13 during a clip show that ended with a song saying they have plenty of ideas to go. I think the writers were half-kidding.
Maybe the show would still be good if Marge actually became a robot. Or Moe got a cell phone. I don't even know.

Professor Beef said:
Didn't some of the things they said actually happen?
I haven't seen the majority of the episodes within the last several years so I can't say if Bart ever got a bear or if Selma actually married Grandpa but it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

*sigh*

Kinyou

Barrow Roll said:
I haven't seen the majority of the episodes within the last several years so I can't say if Bart ever got a bear or if Selma actually married Grandpa but it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

*sigh*
Oh, snap. There was actually one episode in which Grandpa dated either Selma or Petty O_O

O D I N

Barrow Roll said:
if Selma actually married Grandpa but it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

*sigh*

Granpa married one of them. :-/ Sad to say, true story. I just don't remember who or when (It was a much later season).

GAF, help me. Today I watched an episode from Season 22. And... and I enjoyed it. I mean, it wasn't Simpsons. It was different. Weird. But I laughed, several times. The plot was daft (Marge going grey), but it inspired some decent jokes (including Bart and Lisa freaking out about their fucking weird hair).

I'm scared ;_;

sohois

Green Scar said:
GAF, help me. Today I watched an episode from Season 22. And... and I enjoyed it. I mean, it wasn't Simpsons. It was different. Weird. But I laughed, several times. The plot was daft (Marge going grey), but it inspired some decent jokes (including Bart and Lisa freaking out about their fucking weird hair).

I'm scared ;_;

Seasons termed as being bad can have good episodes within them and even episodes that are considered bad will usually have a few good jokes.

Septy

Green Scar said:
I assume he doesn't care because he got to make more Futurama, plus he lead the show to around 10 years of unstoppable quality, making him one of the most successful people in television.

Also, moneymoneymoneymoney

I wonder how involved he's even been with the show throughout the years. IIRC, Sam Simon gave the impression he was generally ignored by the writers when the show started getting good.

Natetan

this scene just gave me a chuckle

Gatekeeper: Name, please.
Homer: Simpson family.
Marge: We're not poor.
[the whole family stares at her]
Marge: Well, we're not.

On TV today: Stark Raving Dad, Bart Gets Famous, The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson all in a row. Feels good man.

Yes, The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson is from the ninth season, but I still think it's a great episode with lots of memorable lines. Also the really tall guy from 22 Short Films About Springfield makes an appearance on the bus ride. :lol

DXNdN.png

Just caught this episode on TV as well. I love it when the TV stations finally reroll to the old stuff. Their voices in this sequence are hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom