• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
zu2t20.jpg

Pengew

JodyAnthony said:
iaEUf.png

Ah, incorrect Marge, two perfectly good jackets

Moe: Oh, you were not! You were just eating a damn orange!

Homer: Yes, to the untrained eye, I'm eating an orange. But to the eye that has brains, I'm making a point about marriage. For you see, marriage is a lot like an orange. First, you have the skin. Then the sweet, sweet innards. Mmm...

Shaneus

galactus_eat_world said:
Moe: Oh, you were not! You were just eating a damn orange!

Homer: Yes, to the untrained eye, I'm eating an orange. But to the eye that has brains, I'm making a point about marriage. For you see, marriage is a lot like an orange. First, you have the skin. Then the sweet, sweet innards. Mmm...
JUST EAT THE DAMN ORANGES.

dubc35

These have probably been posted ( a .gif of the whipping motion would be great btw). I just got off the phone with my brother and he bought a new truck today so I had to inquire if the whipping motion/sound by the salesman was the difference maker. It was not.

mrplow1.jpg

mrplow2.jpg

...that name again is Mr Plow.

markot

Banned
S6E1-Bart-Of-Darkness-the-simpsons-3834491-720-576.jpg

The summer wind, came blowing in, from across the sea.

hippopotamus.png

Remember your hippopotamus oath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEsjd1WZuY
Scorpio!
He'll sting you with his dreams of power and wealth.
Beware of Scorpio!

His twisted twin obsessions are his plot to rule the world
And his employees' health.
He'll welcome you into his lair
Like the nobleman welcomes his guest
With free dental care and a stock plan that helps you invest!

But beware of his generous pensions
Plus three weeks paid vacation each year
And on Fridays, the lunchroom serves hot dogs and burgers and beer!
He loves German beer!

hPO8W.jpg

Marge: I'm going into the dining room to have a conversation. If you want to join me, fine. (leaves room) Hello Marge, how's the family? I don't want to talk about it. Mind your own business!

Professor Beef said:
hPO8W.jpg

Marge: I'm going into the dining room to have a conversation. If you want to join me, fine. (leaves room) Hello Marge, how's the family? I don't want to talk about it. Mind your own business!

KEEP IT DOWN IN THERE, YOU TWO!

Barrow Roll said:
DXNdN.png

Just caught this episode on TV as well. I love it when the TV stations finally reroll to the old stuff. Their voices in this sequence are hilarious.

i like the part after when the kids go outside and rub their eyes and start playing.( assuming im thinking of the right episode)

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
tQ4Q9.jpg

Homer's lines during that scene are easily my favorites in the episode.

effzee

I saw one of the recent episodes. Well recent as in 2004.

Its the one where Milhouse moves away so Lisa and Bart become best friends only for Lisa to see Milhouse come back and regain his best bud role. Meanwhile Homer starts to beg for money on the side to afford Marge some gifts.

It was actually pretty good. Nothing close to the classic episodes but refreshing to see a decent storyline.

Ryck

Screenshot2011-03-31at124928PM.png

Principal Skinner: (on P.A. system) Students, I have an announcement. One of your favorite comic book heroes, Radio Man--

Screenshot2011-03-31at124940PM.png

Nelson: Radioactive Man, stupid!

Screenshot2011-03-31at124928PM.png

Principal Skinner: Strange, I shouldn't have been able to hear that.

Weird, the Michael Jackson-nuthouse episode. Stark Raving Dad, has TWO references to stuff that doesn't happen until two seasons later, to HMS Pinafore and "Clean as a whistle"-chimneysweeper thing that Bart says in episode Cape Feare!!

Yesterday a few of my friends asked me to explain to them exactly why I find new Simpsons animation so lifeless since they don't have cable and don't watch it. After struggling to find the words for a while, I found this.

hsFpY.gif

They were immediately convinced. But then I later found out that the original opening wasn't done by the main animators anyways but they don't need to know that. >.>

What really surprised me was that I thought the twitchy fist shaking was a by-product of a poor gif, but I went and rewatched the new opening and sure enough it looks just as twitchy and robotic as the gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom