• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

??IV 3D remake to DS

Dascu

Kafel said:
What is the reliable source that tells it isn't Final Fantasy ?

No info about what it really is ?
Check the link in the main page, it's FF4. Dragona's talking about the other game, namely the Golden Sun 4 DS remake.

Seraph830

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Do you realize that maybe the reason why Dragon Quest never got the loyal fanbase because they never released the GOOD ONES in the USA? Well, I like 1-3 but let's not kid ourselves, the good ones start at number 4.
Regardless at the end of the day people in america dont care about DQ nearly as much as they do FF.

Square isnt trying to "please fans" here, they are trying to rake in some easy cash. FF would be the most guaranteed way to do that.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Seraph830 said:
Regardless at the end of the day people in america dont care about DQ nearly as much as they do FF.

Square isnt trying to "please fans" here, they are trying to rake in some easy cash. FF would be the most guaranteed way to do that.

Yeah, that's true.

If they really wanted to please fans we would have gotten Vagrant Story 2, Parasite Eve 3, Bushido Blade 2 and a chrono game (Chrono Trigger 2, Chrono Break, or Chrono Cross: 2nd).

Dascu

Saitou said:
Now I'm really confused.

Someone explain to me in single-syllable words what the hell did Dragona mean.

Every game with 4 in its title will be remade on the DS. Yes, even RE4 and Left4Dead.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
how bout the Zenithian trilogy (DQ4-DQ5-DQ6) on DS :D

omg omg omg :eek:
alena.jpg
ragnar.jpg

brey.jpg
cristo.jpg

mara.jpg
nara.jpg

torneko.jpg

KurowaSan

Ginko said:
So.......which initials they got wrong? I'm thinking FF.

or rather which are the right ones

a DQIV remake, be it a port of the PSX one or a new one, would please me greatly, if it gets out of Japan this time, that is

Magicpaint said:
Dragon Quest IV remake on the DS in full 3D using the DQIX engine.

Believe.
That would seem a weird thing to announce now-ish. DQIV remake and DQVII were separated by 14 months. DQV remake and DQVIII were separated by 8 months. Would they want to release IV portable remake and IX closer to each other as these closer announcements might suggest? Or announce a IV remake now when it wouldn't be releasing for over a year and there's already a major entry on the way?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
thefro said:
DQ IV remake = makes a ton more sense :D

I'm with Joshuaslone on this one, seems odd to have it so close to DQIX.

cvxfreak said:
Would it be a DQIV remake or a port of the DQIV remake...

Obviously a remake of the remake.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ethelred said:
Okay, sorry, but I have to ask.

Do you guys know the difference between the words "initials" and "numerals?"

so what you're saying is it's not actraiser 3.

Top Bottom