• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

??IV 3D remake to DS

Kafel

Banned
2.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Ginko said:
The "IV"?

What makes *any* of it a fact, though? As far as I can tell, this is just a random blog.

What's his source? He doesn't say anything like "this person said this then." He just says "k, here's what's happening."

I pretty highly doubt that a random, seemingly user-generated blog would be the ones to break this type of news, unless I'm missing something here.

ethelred

Lost Fragment said:
I pretty highly doubt that a random, seemingly user-generated blog would be the ones to break this type of news, unless I'm missing something here.

Well, a blog (a specific one, mind) broke the news of DQMJ, FFXII: Revenant Wings, KH2: FM+, and Chocobo & the Magic Picture Book.

That being said, this particular blog doesn't have any track record that I know of, and I kinda doubt he's right in exactly what he's saying here. Though who knows, it could happen.

Stage On

If FF4 Remake is confiremd then that's it I'm trading in my Fan card becuse I'm sick of this garbage. The gameboy advance version just came out, we don't need another version so soon period.

If it's DQ4 however that would rock. The last remake of that was years ago in the ps1 eta AND never made it stateside to boot. Thought I'd prefer if they started from 1 and worked their way up using the DQ9 engien.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ethelred said:
That being said, this particular blog doesn't have any track record that I know of, and I kinda doubt he's right in exactly what he's saying here. Though who knows, it could happen.

Yeah, who knows. It's possible, but it seems like everyone's putting too much trust into this blog.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Error said:
DQ4!?

omg omg omg omg
Then we find out they got the roman numeral backwards. OMGOMGOM
Seriously though, DQVI DS remake makes a loooooooooooot more sense.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Y2Kevbug11 said:
wasn't DQ4 like...already remade?
After thinking about it, we did get DQ1•2•3 remade on both portables and consoles...and only DQ4/5 on consoles so far....

Stage On said:
If FF4 Remake is confiremd then that's it I'm trading in my Fan card becuse I'm sick of this garbage. The gameboy advance version just came out, we don't need another version so soon period.

If it's DQ4 however that would rock. The last remake of that was years ago in the ps1 eta AND never made it stateside to boot. Thought I'd prefer if they started from 1 and worked their way up using the DQ9 engien.

The GBA version did have that slowdown though.

farnham

Banned
DQ III remake on DS would own so much..

Seriously DQ III is the pinnacle of the series.. Loto is just the best hero ever.. in a DQ game

TiVo

I'd rather have the Final Fantasy VII.

The symbolism of this game on a Nintendo system alone would mean so much.

At last FFVII comes to a Nintendo console. The game that finalized the divorce between Square and Nintendo now helps to renew their marital vows. Be a part of this holy union and join them in bed on their honeymoon.

The money Square is making of GBA & DS games can be used to make the largest DS game evar.

TiVo said:
I'd rather have the Final Fantasy VII.

The symbolism of this game on a Nintendo system alone would mean so much.

At last FFVII comes to a Nintendo console. The game that finalized the divorce between Square and Nintendo now helps to renew their marital vows. Be a part of this holy union and join them in bed on their honeymoon.

The money Square is making of GBA & DS games can be used to make the largest DS game evar.

LOL!

I approve of your avatar btw.

Kafel

Banned
Dragona is under NDA or ... ?

Why should we believe this piece of info without other source given ?

Please speak Dragona.

I havent read this thread so I dont know whats going on or if this rumor is even true but at least it seems like Nintendo fanboys will have their vengeance this day!

Mejilan said:
I'm not reading though 400 posts... is something confirmed real?
Nope. Some blog says a FFIV remake, Dragona hints that it's not FF (but the 'IV' appears to be legit). Nothing confirmed either way.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
OnWarmerMusic said:
Nope. Some blog says a FFIV remake, Dragona hints that it's not FF (but the 'IV' appears to be legit). Nothing confirmed either way.

Ah well. Thanks. Had a feeling GAF was making hundreds of post over (potentially) nothings. Thanks for the confirmation! :D

Kafel

Banned
charlequin said:
I like how your thought process here is apparently "This person is free to tell me more, but has chosen not to do so solely because no one has asked yet!"

I just want a source if there's one, she came in with that info no debatable and edited the title.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
20,000 views.

Should be fun. Expect FFVII DS remake anytime now! (jk, they would not do that).

dock

Ether_Snake said:
20,000 views.

Should be fun. Expect FFVII DS remake anytime now! (jk, they would not do that).
Why wouldn't they do that? It's completely within the tech limitations.

2007 = FF4 remake on DS
2008 = FF5 remake on DS
2009 = FF6 remake on DS
2010 = FF7 remake on DS

makes a lot of sense.

ethelred

dock UK said:
Why wouldn't they do that? It's completely within the tech limitations.

2007 = FF4 remake on DS
2008 = FF5 remake on DS
2009 = FF6 remake on DS
2010 = FF7 remake on DS

makes a lot of sense.

FFVII is Kitase's. Kawazu's got the earlier games, but Kitase still controls VII and its world, especially as the game is at the core of an active, ongoing compilation project. Good luck with hoping it'll show up on the DS (hopefully it won't, and reasonably/sensibly speaking, the evidence all suggests it won't).

dock

ethelred said:
FFVII is Kitase's. Kawazu's got the earlier games, but Kitase still controls VII and its world, especially as the game is at the core of an active, ongoing compilation project. Good luck with hoping it'll show up on the DS (hopefully it won't, and reasonably/sensibly speaking, the evidence all suggests it won't).
Firstly; What would be so bad about FFVII on DS?
Secondly; Why wouldn't Kitase want FFVII on DS? Does he hate money? :p

ethelred said:
It's reasonable and sensible to think that a port of FF VII on the DS isn't a smart move by Square? lol

ethelred said:
kitase may be strong, but even he will soon succumb to the power of the nintendo side

Baryn said:
Remakes are traditionally supposed to look better than the originals, are they not?

Have you taken a look at FFVII this decade? Ugly, ugly game.

Anyhow, I'm much more receptive to SNES FF/DQ games being remade on DS than I am FFVII on any system.

ethelred

Talladega Knight said:
It's reasonable and sensible to think that a port of FF VII on the DS isn't a smart move by Square? lol

That is correct. There's no reason to think such a thing would happen -- no evidence to suggest anything of the sort. Kitase, the producer in charge of the series, has made his development priorities well know, and they don't align towards the DS.

Meanwhile, Square Enix has already engaged in several PSX/PS2 ports/remakes, and they've been for the PSP, not the DS. It's easier, cheaper, a better form of media for these particular conversions, it would enable them to add content to the game instead of struggling to get it all in, it's a better system, the ports have been financially viable, there's more than a substantial userbase there and one more aligned towards the audience this particular game needs (it is already getting CC: FFVII, after all).

There's no reason to suggest Kitase's suddenly going to dramatically change course in his handling of the Compilation of FFVII, no reason to suggest the company will relieve him of this aspect of control (not as long as he continues to be the most successful producer in there next to Horii), no reason to suggest the PSX-->PSP ports will suddenly switch to PSX-->DS (when there are numerous reasons why that would not be a sensible or reasonable course of action).

But hey, I guess in a world full of purple skies and rainbowy sunshine all sorts of crazy things can happen.

..pakbeka.. said:
kitase may be strong, but even he will soon succumb to the power of the nintendo side

No he won't.

Top Bottom