• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jada Pinkett Smith says she was ‘shocked’ Will Smith called her ‘wife’ at the 2022 Oscars after slapping Chris Rock:

YCoCg

Damn what the hell did Will do to deserve this? It's gone beyond funny now I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

Also noooo @22-22 was he having a bad day?

taizuke

I think one of the worst aspects of this whole thing is that she won't officially divorce him. Supposedly it's been brought up multiple times during their marriage but she can't seem to do it so they have "agreed" to stay separate but still officially married.

She claims she can't bring herself to go through a divorce yet a part of me wonders if this is her way of keeping control of everything. She knows she is nothing without Will and if she divorces him maybe she feels people will stop caring about what she has to say. Not like she wouldn't keep milking Will with tv shows, books, ect. even if they split up.

The other problem here is Will. He just won't let go of her despite Jada's Insurmountable efforts to diminish and destroy what they have. And, until that day comes, she'll just continue feeding off him while putting herself on a pedestal.

Peggies

Gold Member
5jlPNK6.jpg

Salz01

The only film I’ll watch that will have Jada and Will in it, is the for sure Netflix film about the rise and downfall of Will Smiths career and personal life.

Ozriel

M$FT
As a huge Will Smith fan back in the day, this annoys the hell out of me.

but the million dollar question is, doesn't he have any friends who can advice him? Isn't there anyone else close to him that can yank him out of this trainwreck? Someone to slap sense into him?

As a huge Will Smith fan back in the day, this annoys the hell out of me.

but the million dollar question is, doesn't he have any friends who can advice him? Isn't there anyone else close to him that can yank him out of this trainwreck? Someone to slap sense into him?
Questions like this are why I keep checking in on the Will Smith/Jada threads. It's so weird; I just want to understand how two human beings are like this.

Is it a play for greater publicity?
Is it a public shame kink?
Is it a truly toxic relationship?
All/some/none of the above?

The world may never know.

Ozriel

M$FT
Questions like this are why I keep checking in on the Will Smith/Jada threads. It's so weird; I just want to understand how two human beings are like this.

Definitely not a publicity stunt on his part. His career and Legacy have taken massive blows from this woman over the past decade. From one of America's darlings to a laughing stock.

He can still save himself if he does the smart thing, leaves this woman and gets a couple of decent movies under his belt. But that window is closing the more he keeps his mouth shut and continues to take punishment from this clout chasing woman.

Every single thing she's released in the past year is calculated to damage him. From the Tupac video to these book interviews to her red table shit.

Ah well, why do i bother. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. like you say, might be his kink for punishment.

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
Definitely not a publicity stunt on his part. His career and Legacy have taken massive blows from this woman over the past decade. From one of America's darlings to a laughing stock.

He can still save himself if he does the smart thing, leaves this woman and gets a couple of decent movies under his belt. But that window is closing the more he keeps his mouth shut and continues to take punishment from this clout chasing woman.

Every single thing she's released in the past year is calculated to damage him. From the Tupac video to these book interviews to her red table shit.

Ah well, why do i bother. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. like you say, might be his kink for punishment.
She is probably after his money

FUBARx89

He embarrassed her. Now she wants payback saying she aint even his to protect.

Of course, she had no problem tagging along to the oscars as his wife knowing full well he was favorite to win the Oscar. Typical.

Smith only did something when he saw that cunt looking like a bulldog licking the piss off a nettle.

She's fucked Will Smith well over.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

I think it's a truly toxic relationship and a bit of public shame kink on cuck's part

GeekyDad

Just a nasty spiteful woman.

The man made a fool of himself in front of billions for her and shes like dont call me your wife. Unbelievable.
Don't know whether or not the chick's a "nasty spiteful woman," but the dude didn't make a fool of himself; he assaulted another human being.

E-Cat

He's the victim of emotional and mental abuse by a narcissist. What he did on stage is all his fault, but lets not call him a beta or cuck. The man has lived 25 years with a psychopath. It will break any man.
Any self-respecting man would’ve left ages ago.

justonething

Jada's BFF
I think it's pretty clear her and Will had an arrangement that wasn't of a conventional relationship. People drive-by shitting on her for this without taking that into account is so typical. Will couldn't come to terms with that and adapt to what he agreed to be a part of and regressed into an animal and lashed out to compensate for his unmet needs. If anything, he's the only bitch here.

Last edited:

Laieon

Any self-respecting man would’ve left ages ago.

Grow up and realize that plenty of people don't respect themselves, potentially due to, like SlimySnake SlimySnake pointed out, mental and emotional abuse (or any other number of issues). If all he's ever truly wanted was love, whatever that means or looks like to him, then there's a pretty decent chance that he's more isolated than ever. He wouldn't be the first case of someone with money and fame struggling to find someone who truly wants to be with him for him and not just his money and fame. Orson Welles made a little film about this very theme 80 years ago. The Greeks wrote about this in the story of Eros/Psyche. It's a tale as old as time.

Last edited:

Uhtred

Any man I that allows themselves to be treated like this is a real punk. Still, though what she’s doing is saying is very cruel and unnecessary. I’m sure this will all be the catalyst for them actually breaking up for good.

In fact, she may be doing all this on purpose for everyone to get sympathy for Will, and she told him, I’m gonna fall on the sword for you to get your reputation back. just a guess

Last edited:

E-Cat

Grow up and realize that plenty of people don't respect themselves, potentially due to, like SlimySnake SlimySnake pointed out, mental and emotional abuse (or any other number of issues). If all he's ever truly wanted was love, whatever that means or looks like to him, then there's a pretty decent chance that he's more isolated than ever. He wouldn't be the first case of someone with money and fame struggling to find someone who truly wants to be with him for him and not just his money and fame. Orson Welles made a little film about this very theme 80 years ago. The Greeks wrote about this in the story of Eros/Psyche. It's a tale as old as time.
No, it is Will who needs to grow up. To paraphrase Larry David, ”Why would I care? (about being with him for his money) They’ve had plenty of years to like me for me, never worked out. Come be with me!”

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I think it's pretty clear her and Will had an arrangement that wasn't of a conventional relationship. People drive-by shitting on her for this without taking that into account is so typical. Will couldn't come to terms with that and adapt to what he agreed to be a part of and regressed into an animal and lashed out to compensate for his unmet needs. If anything, he's the only bitch here.
Even if they had an unconventional relationship. The shitting on her is entirely justified there is no reason for her to be that cruel and emasculating to him. Talk that shit out in private and get a divorce.

justonething

Jada's BFF
Even if they had an unconventional relationship. The shitting on her is entirely justified there is no reason for her to be that cruel and emasculating to him. Talk that shit out in private and get a divorce.
No, Will made it public when he falsely represented their relationship, she has all the right to set the record straight. Will should have kept his fucking mouth shut if he didn't want to be put straight. Will is solely repsonsible for his own "masculinity", no woman or man has some monopoly over another's masculinity, that's some childish way of thinking.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
No, Will made it public when he falsely represented their relationship, she has all the right to set the record straight. Will should have kept his fucking mouth shut if he didn't want to be put straight. Will is solely repsonsible for his own "masculinity", no woman or man has some monopoly over another's masculinity, that's some childish way of thinking.
You don't know he falsely misrepresented their relationship. Whatever their problems were/are they should have worked it out in private instead taking every chance to embarrass and emasculate him. I do blame him for sticking around though what a simp.

justonething

Jada's BFF
You don't know he falsely misrepresented their relationship. Whatever their problems were/are they should have worked it out in private instead taking every chance to embarrass and emasculate him. I do blame him for sticking around though what a simp.
Dude, if a person is so weak as to outsource aspects of their personality like masculinity to others, that's on them and no one else. It's an immature way to live and not the responsibility of others to accomodate. Being that way is in itself the least masculine thing, and you're just stating it as some objective reality. And I do know how he misrepresented their relationship, he called her "my wife" before slapping some dude who made a reference to his wife being bald. Their obviously in a relationship where she's not exclusive and she doesn't belong to him in a possessive way where he has to go and hit people to defend her honour. She's perfectly justified in setting the record straight on that.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

It’s pretty clear that she’s the one breaking Will. That’s why people are calling her a narcissistic cunt.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Dude, if a person is so weak as to outsource aspects of their personality like masculinity to others, that's on them and no one else. It's an immature way to live and not the responsibility of others to accomodate. Being that way is in itself the least masculine thing, and you're just stating it as some objective reality. And I do know how he misrepresented their relationship, he called her "my wife" before slapping some dude who made a reference to his wife being bald. Their obviously in a relationship where she's not exclusive and she doesn't belong to him in a possessive way where he has to go and hit people to defend her honour. She's perfectly justified in setting the record straight on that.
I don't think setting the record straight means what you think it means

justonething

Jada's BFF
I don't think setting the record straight means what you think it means
Cambridge Dictionary entry for: set/put the record straight
"to write or say something in order to make the true facts known"
Anything else you want to be confidently incorrect about? I addressed your response and all you could do is try to distract and be pedantic and you had no basis for that too.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Cambridge Dictionary entry for: set/put the record straight
"to write or say something in order to make the true facts known"
Anything else you want to be confidently incorrect about? I addressed your response and all you could do is try to distract and be pedantic and you had no basis for that too.
You seem really adamant about defending her emotional cruellty and emasculation of him in the interest of "setting the record straight". I won't try to figure it out. I'm dropping it.

justonething

Jada's BFF
You seem really adamant about defending her emotional cruellty and emasculation of him in the interest of "setting the record straight". I won't try to figure it out. I'm dropping it.
So for you, and others here, I'm either defending her or against her, that's the only two positions someone can have. They can either be entirely for something or against it. They can't just look at things and independently judge each instance. Nope, I'm just a defender of EVIL! Such a childish and pathetic view to have. I'm now the boogey man! As soon as you figure out you don't have a leg to stand on, you throw out buzz words to shut down that person, because you don't want to admit you're wrong, that other person is just BAD. You can see it everywhere, that's why you have partisan hacks and rebirth of tribalism in society. I hope you and the fat mentally ill coward mod hinding in the background and baked out of their mind trying to mock me with this "Jada BFF" tag, can one day step outside their little tribe and see things in a more balanced way.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
So for you, and others here, I'm either defending her or against her, that's the only two positions someone can have. They can either be entirely for something or against it. They can't just look at things and independently judge each instance. Nope, I'm just a defender of EVIL! Such a childish and pathetic view to have. I'm now the boogey man! As soon as you figure out you don't have a leg to stand on, you throw out buzz words to shut down that person, because you don't want to admit you're wrong, that other person is just BAD. You can see it everywhere, that's why you have partisan hacks and rebirth of tribalisation in society. I hope you and the fat mentally ill coward mod hinding in the background and baked out of their mind trying to mock me with this "Jada BFF" tag, can one day step outside their little tribe and see things in a more balanced way.
TL;Dr I'm happy for you or sorry that happened to you. I know I said I wouldn't reply but I'm sitting here in my parents basement being involuntarily celibate and bored. I just have one question. Do you think Jada Pinkett Smith is a Narcissist?

justonething

Jada's BFF
TL;Dr I'm happy for you or sorry that happened to you. I know I said I wouldn't reply but I'm sitting here in my parents basement being involuntarily celibate and bored. I just have one question. Do you think Jada Pinkett Smith is a Narcissist?
Absolutely and she's probably been abusive to Will and seems like a nasty person. I just don't think this thing should be lumped in with it like the rest.

clem84

Gold Member
I learned recently that they pretty much stopped acting like they were husband and wife in 2016, but stayed legally married. Without knowing much about their relationship, it just seems to me like they wanted to avoid an ugly, long and costly legal battle. She certainly isn't acting like a wife.

Winter John

Gold Member
Know what? I’m on Jada’s side. I understand exactly where she’s coming from. Every morning she gets up and the first thing she sees is that beta loser and her failed showbiz kids doing jazz hands round the breakfast table. I sympathise with her. That shit would’ve never happened with Tupac. You think Tupac would‘ve allowed his son to wear a skirt? Or had a daughter called Tree? Fuck no. That would never have happened. He would’ve shot both of them. You think Tupac would‘ve allowed his wife to go bald and bang the help? Fuck no. He would’ve kicked that hairless bitch into the sea. You understand now that the woman is crying out for help? We gotta free her from the clutches of those weird albino freaks. Justice For Jada.

Top Bottom