• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Striker

It was one of the stupidest in terms of money lost and just how obvious the actual main event of Mania 13 should have been. You can still have the I quit match for the title and in the main event, I don't see what would've changed. Not to mention it became insanely convoluted in the months leading up to Mania.
It was suppose to be Shawn vs Bret for the title with Bret going over.

Someone lost their smile.

Fox318

DM is gonna be vern gagne

Main eventing shows and making eveyone else sell and juice while hiding the fact he never was a shooter and he's gassed out.

Zach

lol how much of the 90's have you watched? And if Bret/Austin was for the title the match almost certainly would not have remotely resembled the I Quit match we got.

It was one of the stupidest in terms of money lost and just how obvious the actual main event of Mania 13 should have been. You can still have the I quit match for the title and in the main event, I don't see what would've changed. Not to mention it became insanely convoluted in the months leading up to Mania.

Yes there are "stupider" storylines in the 90's just looking at most of the NG stuff, but this is still one of the dumbest misbookings.
It's "'90s", you fools!

When do we get a royal rumble number?
We've already got them.

You're number 7.

We had a total of 34 entrants into the 2017 WrassleGaf Royal Ramble Lethal Lottery. I used a random number generator to pick a number between 1 and 30 for each of the first group of 30. I made sure there was no overlap. I then went and did a random number between 1 and 30 for each of the overflow participants. Some numbers are assigned to two people...that's just how it goes.

I've found in the past this can add extra enjoyment to the Rumble as you find yourself rooting for someone you never thought you would before.

Root for whoever comes out at your number to win and enjoy the Rumble!

2017 WrassleGaf Royal Ramble Lethal Lottery Entrants:

1. newdayrocks
2. Brian_FETO
3. FlammableD
4. Serpentine
5. Tall4Life
6. PartTimeWarrior
7. Tom Nook
8. Biggest-Geek-Ever
9. BewareTheBatsie
10. Linkified
11. Browny
12. ANuclearError
13. sf2fanatic
14. Pikma
15. esmith08734
16. Angry Grimace
17. Ithil
18. deli2000
19. Caderfix
20. funkystudent
21. RBH
22. HazySaiyan
23. UberTag
24. Sir_Crocodile
25. Kaladin
26. Ryo Hazuki
27. Menome
28. OwensIsNow
29. korly
30. Zach

Overflow Picks:

8. Bronx-Man
13. joker3782
25. Lemmy Caution
29. Bluekaveli

MsU5xaZ.jpg

Fuck me sideways what a poster.

Avoiding spoilers for today

I'm surprised in 30 years of Royal Rimble they never did a story where a slimy heel like say Miz comes in early and plays chicken for most of the match (ducking in corners, holding on for dear life when a rare wrestler attempts to eliminate them, rarely initiating any offense), a total coward play. Then have the herl be in the final 3 with two wrestlers who are major rivals with each other, who take out the coward heel with finishers or something that causes him to roll into the corner. Then the two rivals, who are going to have a Mania match, start having a brutal fight... only to eliminate each other, making the coward heel the winner without having to even eliminate the last man to win.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised in 30 years of Royal Rimble they never did a story where a slimy heel like say Miz comes in early and plays chicken for most of the match (ducking in corners, holding on for dear life when a rare wrestler attempts to eliminate them, rarely initiating any offense), a total coward play. Then have the herl be in the final 3 with two wrestlers who are major rivals with each other, who take out the coward heel with finishers or something that causes him to roll into the corner. Then the two rivals, who are going to have a Mania match, start having a brutal fight... only to eliminate each other, making the coward heel the winner without having to even eliminate the last man to win.

During one of the Raw battle royals Rock slid under the ropes and sat at commentary for the entire match until the last man was in

Booker still won though

Hex

Banned
Should I stream another WWE 2K16 Rumble for funsies? We can practice cheering for our Lottery numbers. 🤔

When I see the world as it is today, Tom Zenk avatars everywhere...I ask myself can there ever be fun again? Are we condemned to this Z-Man existence?
What about me? What about Raven?

Zach

The pre-show is already on?! This is the 30th Rumble?!

Huh. You'd think they'd want it to be good and memorable then, right? That's the Rumble anniversary.

Generally, cowardly characters winning the rumble doesn't work because it's supposed to be a big mega event that builds to mania. In theory, it's supposed to make us buy the winner as a WM main eventer and set up a build that lasts through mania.

They need someone comedic with a slow entrance because I really want to see someone make their way down but they take so long that someone else enters the match which I can't see them doing with Taker.

somedevil

So mick Foley's daughter wrestling? Is that just a thing for the network show or are we gonna see her in a week ring soon.

She has been training but not sure if she is signed by the WWE. Even if she is its a long way to her actually wrestling in front of a crowd.

Top Bottom