• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not sure what was worse:

The entire MexAmerica angle; OR abandoning the World's Best Director of Operations angle within 3 weeks even though I found it fucking hilarious.

Recall

Fallout 4's quest design is shit.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas gave me choices, I can talk my objective down, or shoot him, or get someone else to do my bidding for me or even side with the opposition. Allowing multiple play throughs to be as different as I chose them to be.

In Fallout 4 I have no choice, or options. I just got to point A to point B to point C and shoot a lot of things. The quests can't be completed in any other way.

And people are defending the removal of options and choices and I think they are all idiots.

Aiii

So not worth it
You're also not a stage performer. I am sorry that not every diva is going to titillate your specific schoolgirl fantasies as AJ did but just because something isn't designed for you doesn't make it bad.

You are entitled to your opinions, as I am mine, friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Fallout 3 and New Vegas gave me choices, I can talk my objective down, or shoot him, or get someone else to do my bidding for me or even side with the opposition. Allowing multiple play throughs to be as different as I chose them to be.

In Fallout 4 I have no choice, or options. I just got to point A to point B to point C and shoot a lot of things. The quests can't be completed in any other way.

And people are defending the removal of options and choices and I think they are all idiots.

You're giving FO3 too much credit.

Sephzilla

People who like Kane and The undertaker are insufferable arseholes too.

BvurXwd.gif

pwtX9CF.gif

Kaladin

Quests? Just Sandbox that shit and do the quests when you get bored and need a bit of a break from exploring. I love the huge world and the fact that you can build settlements across the map. That is enough to keep me busy without worrying about quest structure.

UberTag

Is anyone doing the rumble pool this year?
All of the traditional Rumble pools are getting postponed until weeks after the Rumble due to lack of interest.
No Rumble lottery. No Avatar Rumble (we'll eventually decide to not even bother with this 3 weeks from now).

I believe we're instead going to have an Aztec Warfare pool. I call Lucky Number 14.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Vegas set the standard.

I've played that game to death. I'm very much aware of the choices present.

FO4 is complete lazy trash. Never have I been so disappointed. I should have expected it too, knowing how shitty Skyrim was.

Zach

I've still only played through the intro of Fallout 4. Every time people talk about it it makes me want to go back to it less.

UberTag

I've still only played through the intro of Fallout 4. Every time people talk about it it makes me want to go back to it less.
I was able to keep my copy sealed until all of the bad buzz circulated and was able to return it for a full refund.
I still have New Vegas to play anyhow. Seems like that would be an unequivocally superior experience.

Recall

Disgaea 5 has been taking up my time the most recently, it's quite fun though I don't feel I'm very good at killing everything as quickly as possible though I'm still progressing through the story at a good pace.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Every time Alexa shows up on screen, my wife puts on the same expression that Alexa wears and says, "oh look its your waifu."

Zach

Anyone try this Deadly Tower of Monsters demo (PS4)? The premise is that you're playing a sci-fi B-movie complete with developer commentary. It's not bad. I'm considering dropping $10 on it.

Lupercal

Banned
I for one am excited about the Roman Rumble. Trying to make up drinking games, take a drink if Roman straightens his hair is my best yet.

I heard we're getting the four faces of Kane in the Rumbo.

Demon Kane
Isaac Yankem
Korporate Kane
Christmas Creature

We could get that Diesel vs Diesel dream showdown.

No, wait... we could get the Kevin Diesel vs Glen Diesel vs Roman Diesel dream showdown. Poor Vince would suffer a heart attack with all of that excitement.

Browny

Banned
Yeah, that creepy av thread was only really ever going to go in one direction.

We need a "which community has the best avatars" thread. Power of positivity.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't say that one wasn't earned for the Z-Man, he crossed a line attempting to get that heel heat.

Yeah, he should have known not to hit the post button on that one.

Not a day goes by where I don't reconsider making a post after typing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom