• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan: Monster Hunter X now #6 on the JP 3DS eShop and passes 300k digitally

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/software/ranking.html

The number comes from reports of Battle Cats, which MHX just passed, having sold 300k on the Japanese 3DS eShop:

http://s.famitsu.com/news/201511/27094049.html

The Battle Cats on 3DS went over 300,000 downloads on November 24th.

Looking at 3DS's All-Time Chart, it means that

1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2. Pokemon Dream Radar
3. Monster Hunter 4
4. Bike Rider DX
5. Pokemon Link: Battle!

Are all over 300,000 downloads.

Also, Cube Creator 3D is currently 11th. IIRC, this means it's should actually be over 200,000 downloads

So yeah, wow.

Oh, and thanks BriBri! :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, about that western announcement, Capcom.

As said other times, the more time passes without a Western announcement, the more I think the lack of it is linked to something else, as what happened back in 2012, when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's Western announcement was missing.

MegaMelon

As said other times, the more time passes without a Western announcement, the more I think the lack of it is linked to something else, as what happened back in 2012, when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's Western announcement was missing.

Presumably the plan was/is to localize MHX'G' as the ultimate version in the west. If that was/is the case then it makes sense that MHX wouldn't be acknowledged outside Japan, and certainly not now just days after MHX had it's release.

Vena

I always thought they'd try moving away from these G-editions, as they've been rubbing the fanbase the wrong way. Take up a more "content delivery" platform approach instead.

Anyway, good to get some numbers (barometers) for the eShop in Japan.

Tingle

Yeah, I think it makes sense for Capcom to wait for the inevitable G version to do the localization. They've made big steps with the series in the US, it doesn't make sense to throw that all away with an "incomplete" title that would likely disappoint a good number of buyers.

I always thought they'd try moving away from these G-editions, as they've been rubbing the fanbase the wrong way. Take up a more "content delivery" platform approach instead.

Anyway, good to get some numbers (barometers) for the eShop in Japan.

Why would they move away from the G versions when both versions sell like crazy in Japan? There is certainly demand over there, just probably not here for the standard versions.

Should they really bring it to the West? 3U and 4U made sense as they're two very different numbered installments, but X is not a numbered entry and it reuses old assets and environments. It works in Japan because it's basically their Call of Duty, but in the West I don't think it'd have nearly as big an impact, especially considering 4U released alongside the launch of a new revision. I would expect low sales.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice numbers but it's expected considering they didn't ship enough physical copies.
Should they really bring it to the West? 3U and 4U made sense as they're two very different numbered installments, but X is not a numbered entry and it reuses old assets and environments. It works in Japan because it's basically their Call of Duty, but in the West I don't think it'd have nearly as big an impact, especially considering 4U released alongside the launch of a new revision. I would expect low sales.
... Wait.. You are serious ?

The difference between X/4U is bigger than 3U/Tri and we still got both titles.

About those low sales... That's why I would expect a NX version for its wester launch. The last two MH titles in the west all launched with new Nintendo hardware.

Eolz

Aka NX. Would make sense really.

... Wait.. You are serious ?

The difference between X/4U is bigger than 3U/Tri and we still got both titles.

About those low sales... That's why I would expect a NX version for its wester launch. The last two MH titles in the west all launched with new Nintendo hardware.

3U didn't launch with new hardware in the West, only 4U did.

3U and Tri were on three different platforms covering both consoles and handhelds, and they were also three years apart.

Now I know that X changes the traditional gameplay of the series, but visually it's another asset-reusing 3DS game and most people look at trailers and screenshots to make their purchasing decisions. Furthermore, Nintendo gamers have shown time and time again that they are fine with one of something. To top it off, the 3DS would be at the very end of its lifespan when localization would be finished.

Now if you're talking about a remastered version for the NX launch, then I agree with you, success is guaranteed as that would be a perfect launch game. I'm just saying that It doesn't make much sense to bring the 3DS version and I think that they won't do it.

Top Bottom