• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan ranks their favorite male characters from the Final Fantasy series

ZoddGutts

Ahaha even Japan didn't like Vaan and they prefer Balthier who was a superior character. Seriously what a worthless character Vaan was.

rataven

It's great to see Noel almost cracked the top ten! And I'm glad Cloud is still coming in strong.

But no Basch anywhere????

Also ecstatic both Zidane and Tidus beat Squall.

urfe

Locke is probably my favourite character. Shame he's so low.

While I like Balthier better than Vaan, I like having Vaan as the main character. Same as my preference to Locke to Tina/Terra, but I'm glad she's the main character.

I think we once had a thread here in neogaf to determine the meanest, most vicious villian and Kefka was top 2 if I remember correctly.

If the character left such an impression in gamers here, one would think it'd at least appear in this list somewhere, but Japan clearly doesn't care, I thought it was interesting.

Maybe due to the translation we got here? I know the english translation went a long way in endearing Kefka to us.

TheChaos

CTRL-F "Rude"

I don't understand.

I can, sadly. PoC haven't been the most popular or well-known in Japanese media. I don't see Barrett, Kiros, or Sazh on there.

Edit: whoops, saw Sazh way down there. Hey, at least he beat out Snow!

Vivi is far too low on that list. It's nice seeing Zidane that far up, though. He's always been my favorite lead character in a Final Fantasy game.

Also, where's Barrett??? No list about Final Fantasy males is complete without that beast of a man.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Cloud shouldn't be anywhere near top 5. You know seeing how he's ZACK for most of the game, then again noctis is on this list so it goes to show FF fans are stupid as hell

I'm ok with Zidane and Zack being up there, they are pretty much tied imo

Lissar

Reluctant Member
*checks for Layle*

... I didn't expect to see him on there anyway. >>

*is one of five people who love that game*

rataven

*checks for Layle*

... I didn't expect to see him on there anyway. >>

*is one of five people who love that game*

I always liked the look of his character, and he seemed to have a fun, arrogant personality. Never did play the game though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think we should filter out the list to one Charecter with a train suplex competition
I have yet to see another FF character top this.

doVnr.gif

Mato

Zack over Cloud? Is this serious? I haven't even thought of him since I last played the game 15 years ago.

Ashodin

My top five males (in no particular order)

1-After_Cecil.jpg

Cecil - I love Paladins.
dissidia_artwork_bartz.png

Bartz (or Butz if you prefer) - This guy. MY HOMIE
dissidia__locke_cole_by_isaiahjordan-d54isv9.png

Always renamed him to Max. Locke Cole!
175px-Cloud_Dissidia_Artwork.png

Greatsword Cloud
Auron_FFX.jpg

Auron - I want to be as badass as him when I'm his age.

Honorable Mention:

Pre-Shadow Clyde Arrowny

Raonak

Banned
1. Zack (FFVII)
2. Cloud (FFVII)

Booya! Zack beat cloud! so happy. you did good, japan.

Zack over Cloud? Is this serious? I haven't even thought of him since I last played the game 15 years ago.

He didn't actually play much of a part in FF7.
But you should play Crisis Core, he's the main character, they really fleshed him out. he's not a whiny emo. hes actually charismatic and a great main character.

Top Bottom