• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese 2ch users over OneManga closing down: "Serves you right, foreign scum!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zoku88 said:
Have you ever seen how online games can get between Europeans and Americans? It can get pretty bad.

Fact: Judging a country by its online community is bad, because there are so many jerks no matter where they are.

Yeah it's like judging americans based on the kids you see from XBL.:lol

mello

"...Seriously, die you filthy foreign scum.”

“Don’t those white pigs comprehend the concept of a thief being ashamed of being caught?”

potw1.gif

hteng

Banned
thetrin said:
Yeah, and American gamers are totally welcoming and love diversity, amirite?

They're certainly more welcoming. In the game, you can put up a comment at your name, when people search your name, it'll show what you are interested in. You'll find common phrases like "JP Only" or "English No thanks" in japanese players comments, signifying they don't play with other people from different countries. While NA players usually put " anything, JP/EU/NA, XP party yes please".

Language barrier shouldn't be an excuse as the game provides a good autotranslating tool for both sides to utilize.

zoku88 said:
Have you ever seen how online games can get between Europeans and Americans? It can get pretty bad.

Fact: Judging a country by its online community is bad, because there are so many jerks no matter where they are.

I'm not judging the country, i'm simply re-enforcing the fact that it also happens in online games. I'm sure these players are the same as those from 2chs.

well, at least britains and americans rarely encounter each other since the timezone is kinda wacky, so I don't see alot of disputes. If there's drama, usually it's within NA guilds.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Momo said:
As someone of asian descent myself (korean), I want to add a big fuck you to 2chan and the scum that they foster over there. Hell yes pirating manga is an issue (I go out of my damn way to purchase manga when it's available here), however these are a bunch of xenophobic fucktards that never have anything positive to add to the god damn issue.

2ch, you should be lobbying your publishers to release their products in other regions, you know why? cause at the end of the day if they make more money, they have more money to spend on funding manga outside of the god awful shonen genre.

To spite you, I will never again buy any anime series from a studio that does the moe shit you love so much.

fuck you :)
whoa now.
no need to do anything rash.

Japanese people don't buy manga. They have their own "Onemanga" where they can read for free. It's called the book-off. (Book store) In Japan, you can go into book stores, read them, and leave and nobody cares. Furthermore, Japanese use American manga sites a lot, too.

Furthermore, when they want to read the newest One Piece chapter, they go to the convenience store and read it and go. The store doesn't care because they keep them there to attract young males for security reasons. If there are young males reading the hot chick magazines, the Japanese believe that criminals will be more likely intimidated to do anything because either they will be attacked (virtually 0 percent chance) or they will be watched so they can't steal anything (with is probably a 90 percent probability).

These 2ch guys are just scum like 4chan. Come up with some funny stuff, but if you've ever met an avid 4chan user outside of the internet, you'll see why you shouldn't be caring what they think.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
hteng said:
They're certainly more welcoming. In the game, you can put up a comment at your name, when people search your name, it'll show what you are interested in. You'll find common phrases like "JP Only" or "English No thanks" in japanese players comments, signifying they don't play with other people from different countries. While NA players usually put " anything, JP/EU/NA, XP party yes please".

Language barrier shouldn't be an excuse as the game provides a good autotranslating tool for both sides to utilize.

I'm not judging the country, i'm simply re-enforcing the fact that it also happens in online games. I'm sure these players are the same as those from 2chs.

well, at least britains and americans rarely encounter each other since the timezone is kinda wacky, so I don't see alot of disputes. If there's drama, usually it's within NA guilds.

From my experience this is simply not true, FF11 might be different, but most online games I've played with random Japanese have been light years better than any experience I've had with random Americans.

mello

Calantus said:
So much anger from such a shy people (generalization of course, i see Japanese men as shy)

It's 2ch. They're very vocal in the most retarded and unmanned sense imaginable. I think it's a little unfair to generalize in this context.

sprsk said:
From my experience this is simply not true, FF11 might be different, but most online games I've played with random Japanese have been light years better than any experience I've had with random Americans.

As in western made online games? I feel like a Japanese guy playing WoW would be more open to teaming up with foreigners than an FF11 player. Doesn't mean there's a huge correlation, just saying.

sprsk said:
JP party onry!

There was a lot of that shit in FFXI. Not all JP players were assholes, but I've had more than my fair share of bad experiences while playing FFXI.

vas_a_morir said:
These 2ch guys are just scum like 4chan. Come up with some funny stuff, but if you've ever met an avid 4chan user outside of the internet, you'll see why you shouldn't be caring what they think.

Hey now. Not all 4channers are scum ;-;

Raelson

Question: Why do we have to talk about Japan so damn much?

It's just a country that most of us have no relation too. It's getting a bit stale...

Raelson said:
Question: Why do we have to talk about Japan so damn much?

It's just a country that most of us have no relation too. It's getting a bit stale...
are you just asking for an avatar quote or what here

Flek

Banned
but i gota agree with the sankaku guys who say "if japanese publishers where smart they would license some of the great fans sub guys and release there mangas online worldwide for a small fee"

Pein

Banned
Flek said:
but i gota agree with the sankaku guys who say "if japanese publishers where smart they would license some of the great fans sub guys and release there mangas online worldwide for a small fee"
I'm not gonna listen to that guy.

Deku

Banned
sprsk said:

That is also true with FFXI. JPN parties tend to be more organized and better run.

The problem with the JPonry mentality is language and communication is about 50%. This leads to incorrect expectations and JP and NA players feeling frustrated because expectations are not met.

The other 50% is a lot of NA players will force-do something.

Like they need to go study/to bed/to work in 1 hour, but they try to put a party together. Waste people's time and leave the party in a mess when they suddenly drop.

NA players also have a different concept of team. JP players absolutely loathe the downtime 'replacing' party members creates and would prefer to simply end party when someone leaves. This means whereas an NA pt leaders would 'wing' it even if they know someone needs to go soon, a JP team tends to assemble players who can EXP for roughly the same amount of time. So everyone get their 2 hours of exp time in and they all leave. NA leaders don't get that concept a lot of time and will keep pushing their parties to exp until the leaders get tired and leave. Meanwhile, replacements can get anywhere from 0exp to very little. This lack of consideration is a huge issue for JP players who get suspicious if they get a party invite from a leader in the field.

Not saying some of the JP onry comments aren't jerks or xenophobes, there's also plenty of JPN players who seek out foreign interaction, but there's a deeply rooted reasons to a lot ofit.

Narag

Deku said:
That is also true with FFXI. JPN parties tend to be more organized and better run.

The problem with the JPonry mentality is language and communication is about 50%. This leads to incorrect expectations and JP and NA players feeling frustrated because expectations are not met.

The other 50% is a lot of NA players will force-do something.

Like they need to go study/to bed/to work in 1 hour, but they try to put a party together. Waste people's time and leave the party in a mess when they suddenly drop.

NA players also have a different concept of team. JP players absolutely loathe the downtime 'replacing' party members creates and would prefer to simply end party when someone leaves. This means whereas an NA pt leaders would 'wing' it even if they know someone needs to go soon, a JP team tends to assemble players who can EXP for roughly the same amount of time. So everyone get their 2 hours of exp time in and they all leave. NA leaders don't get that concept a lot of time and will keep pushing their parties to exp until the leaders get tired and leave. Meanwhile, replacements can get anywhere from 0exp to very little. This lack of consideration is a huge issue for JP players who get suspicious if they get a party invite from a leader in the field.

Not saying some of the JP onry comments aren't jerks or xenophobes, there's also plenty of JPN players who seek out foreign interaction, but there's a deeply rooted reasons to a lot ofit.

Some of my best parties (and most educational) were with JP players. Sure, I had a nice little static which I learned a lot with but the JP people were nothing but courteous. On the other hand, NA/EU members leave me with the recollection of three words alone: Haste. Refresh. Dispel.

sprsk said:
Ditto, played through the entirety of RE5 on 360 with a random Japanese fellow, fantastic experience.

And OneManga going away is a good thing, it's about time.

Peru

2ch is the biggest hive of scum and villainy, it's not like they represent the voice of Japan.

To the poster above, both Japan and Korea have a word for people who are not from their country which is translated to english as "foreigner" but more explicitly means "someone from outside of our country", so it's more a semantic thing. The 2ch users are just plain old racists though.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
This is a piracy-related incident, the end. Why is anyone listening to the peasant mobs on random internet bulletin boards? Of course there's tons of racists, bigots, hypocrites, egoists, sheep etc everywhere.

I mean, for every reasonable point on either side, there's like fifty insane ramblings. This is just not something that's worth a discussion unless you want to point out the crazy verbal diarrhea of random anonymous people on the internet. Which has been done over and over again over the years.

Jex

Lafiel said:
Yeah it's like judging americans based on the kids you see from XBL.:lol

Bloody loud Yanks.

wmat said:
Why is anyone listening to the peasant mobs on random internet bulletin boards? Of course there's tons of racists, bigots, hypocrites, egoists, sheep etc everywhere.

Because they shout the loudest.

Japan, just save me a trophy wife virgin for when I arrive, okay? I'm not here to steal your manga. Some white pigs are, but I prefer cumming in a Japanese girl's mouth and supplying newborns for your country's population deficit."

Goddamn :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom