• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

depends on whether it's folk (please no) or trash synth (yes) Zombie Chang

and don't forget the Lui Frontic alb-nah I can't keep a straight face while typing that

Aizo

Banned
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but The Gazette have a new album - DOGMA:

https://youtu.be/1RafbMIe6Hg

also new MV for UGLY:
https://youtu.be/NKJI85Kyw7w

They've changed their style a lot, but I personally like it :)
It's funny that I can't watch this in Japan. It's logical, but I'm so used to having Western music blocked instead. I'm pretty sure I'm the only other person in here that listens to V-kei, and I only really listen to Jupiter and Femme Fatale nowadays... mostly only Jupiter.

It's funny that I can't watch this in Japan. It's logical, but I'm so used to having Western music blocked instead. I'm pretty sure I'm the only other person in here that listens to V-kei, and I only really listen to Jupiter and Femme Fatale nowadays... mostly only Jupiter.

what, really? it's blocked in the US too. what are you doing, Sony?

Kurita

the HIATUS said today that they were working on their 5th album, hopefully that means it'll be out next year!
January is already looking amazing with Gesu no Kiwami Otome, THE ORAL CIGARETTES and Mrs. GREEN APPLE dropping full albums!
Super excited to see what 2016 will bring. Pretty sure we'll get new albums by KANA-BOON, Straightener, Sakanaction, Galileo Galilei, Yoru no Honki Dance, Takahashi Yu, Dramatic Alaska, indigo la End... maybe KEYTALK and ART-SCHOOL.

Last big releases of 2015 for me are Hoshino Gen's and GOOD ON THE REEL's albums in two weeks, and Frederic's mini-album next week.

Sakanaction

if Shin Takarajima (and the b-side) was any indication of what we might get, this could potentially be my favorite album of theirs. but then again, every single one of their albums is like 50/50 with stuff I love/am indifferent to.

---

lol, Hachigatsu-chan falling for ががばば

(if you don't know what it is, go to http://search.yahoo.co.jp and enter ががばば - click the 続ける button on the popup)

Kurita

I only feel like that about their self-titled album, DocumentaLy was perfect imo. "Sakanaction" was a bit sleep inducing.

Every time I see a bunch of praise for Zombie Chang it feels like part of an elaborate prank on me, haha.

Anyway my favorite thing from the past few days: Shoujo Kakka no International actually went and made a music video for their 8+ min. song and it's the low budget sci-fi masterpiece I always dreamed of. This live performance is worth watching too.

Recoride is releasing a tribute album with covers from Koto, Sawa, etc. but unfortunately I think it's a limited live-only release.

Also surprised nobody posted the new Wienners MV (blocked in the US).

They started out pretty weird but early performances were just kind of boring. They've gotten a lot better. I also like Risa Satosaki a lot more now that she's aping Seiko Oomori. I'd say the weirdest idols are still that collective from Kasugai that includes Girlinear.

Kurita

Gesu no Kiwami Otome revealed their new artist picture as well as the tracklist of their new album.
I hope they'll do a PV wearing these!
img_photo_1119.jpg

01、両成敗でいいじゃない
02、続けざまの両成敗
03、ロマンスがありあまる
04、シリアルシンガー
05、勤めるリアル
06、サイデンティティ
07、オトナチック
08、id 1
09、心歌舞く
10、セルマ
11、無垢
12、無垢な季節
13、パラレルスペック(funky ver.)
14、いけないダンス
15、私以外私じゃないの
16、Mr.ゲスX
17、煙る
Guess 煙る was added at the last minute because of the tie-up I talked about earlier, the album was originally planned to have 16 songs, not 17.

You can briefly hear Gesu and indigo la End's new songs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxK-sTefU4Y

Nachos

Somehow I got sidetracked from posting in here for a while, but I wanted to thank Kurita for recommending The Novembers. They're really good.

JEKKI

neogaf's #1 Kato Miliyah fan here, reporting in!

I just heard her new single, Lipstick and Never Call Me Again

18539-rri7bx2iei.jpg

gotta say, I love this singer so much, but the last time she released a song I really dug was January of last year when Love/Affection came out

(and her subsequent album Loveland was real good too)

since then I've been lukewarm on the stuff she's been putting out.

The Best was meh, MUSE was meh, her mix album was meh, and I'm bummed that I STILL haven't had the privilege to hear the full version of Megami no Hikari.

but now we got another new song... and it's so good...

I'm so happy to once again really dig her music and am glad I'm such a huge fan of her!!

Hopefully for people who like more pop / ballady / r&b type music here will take the chance to check the new song out!! it's real wonderful!!

now I want to go to her concert again lol (but I'm going back to Japan in January to see Yu-A)

seriously, where my Yu-A fans at??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTHVRMpI7Dg

TsuXna

Ling Tosite Sigure concert was nice today. TK's voice is beautiful, they didnt perform Unravel tho :(
Next year LSG x The HIATUS live!111 that's a must go concer

Bed In rocks as usual and the new BiSH video is really cute. I bet if Youtube was around in the 90s Chitti would have been an internet famous baby.

I decided to try out mixcloud so I made this mix of shoegazey idol songs, though if that's something that appeals to you it's likely you've heard most of them already.

daydream

Banned
discovered megumi wata thanks to stump, in love with her album right now

also just discovered ラブリーサマーちゃん (lovely summer chan) and probably gonna pick up her first album soon if all her songs are this good

as far as freely available stuff of hers is concerned, barring soundcloud, there's this ep and two tracks she did on this and this album. both are pretty dope

edit: this song is beautiful, wow

Kurita

The Mirraz who've just released a mini-album last month announced today the release of a new full album on Feburary 20th! 12 songs + 6 remixes.
I wonder if it'll be another EDM release, I wouldn't mind that.

Since both bands are doing theme songs for the game : Gesu no Kiwami Otome and indigo la End's members, Shoumetsu Toshi style (from the official Twitter account). Neat!

I get Hamada's angle, it's comedy. but what is Nakata even doing? is he just straight up mocking one of his projects/clients?

if this came out at the peak of Kyary's popularity, I'd understand it more. but right now it almost just seems mean-spirited for Nakata and Masuda to be involved?

Slowdive

Banned
I get Hamada's angle, it's comedy. but what is Nakata even doing? is he just straight up mocking one of his projects/clients?

if this came out at the peak of Kyary's popularity, I'd understand it more. but right now it almost just seems mean-spirited for Nakata and Masuda to be involved?

I agree.

Anyone into Soutaisei Riron? They've been my favorite band for a couple years. I somehow missed that they had a new single come out back in August called "Ultra Soda". Lyrics are as weird as you'd expect if you know their stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4buf-taesw

I hope a new full album isn't far behind.

They're one of my favourite bands, I'll be surprised if there isn't a new album next year.

Top Bottom