• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese SMG HP is online (BLESS US WITH THE HOLY LIGHT OF MARIO)

Amir0x

Banned
JDSN said:
Where is that pic of Mario raising to heaven while spreading his unmeasurable love in the form of an angelic aura?

HolyMario.jpg

jarosh said:
who the fuck cares about bullshit like that. it's a fucking mario game. i'd play it if the story involved mario sucking luigi's salami. jesus

TP-esque complaining/bitching post SMG release confirmed?

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
:lol

This game is honestly too good to be true for me right now. SM64 being my favorite game of all time, and having this is just like, woh... It might actually surpass it.

ant1532

Banned
Zabojnik said:
Please don't be easy, please don't be easy, please don't be easy ...
It was already said that it wasn't too hard, but if you are looking for difficulty, getting side stuff will always be more difficult.

JoeFu

Banned
Zabojnik said:
Please don't be easy, please don't be easy, please don't be easy ...

Looking at some of the pics, this game has a lot of parts like the fluddless parts in SMS. Those were awesome and challenging.

I really love how this "expands" the Mario universe. It's not just an isolated castle that seems to be floating in the sky anymore, with only about 4 creatures in it. You actually see the city/world where this castle is placed in, with lots of little houses and people. I know we've basically seen that already in the Paper Mario games, but now it's in a fully fleshed Mario platformer! The Mario games!

I don't care about difficulty. Just give it some length.

That opening video is incredible. Anybody else making games for Wii right now should feel fucking humiliated and small.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
My head actually feels giddy.

I've watched that "Other Tricks" video four times now, and at the section with Mario rolling s-l-o-w-l-y along on the ball, then rollingitreallyfastwithspeedytempo... I just keep giggling. Every single time. And I can't stop it. Ever.

This game is going to be amazing. Words fail me.

sphinx

the piano man
I'd change my avatar if someone could kindly make a " Mario Sunshine defense force " avatar for me. I suck at doing avatars.

Anyone want to help? if yes, please send the tiny pic in a private message

thanks a lot in advance :D

Tristam

Finally broke down and watched the prologue. All I can say is that all of you are beautiful and I love all of you and I want everyone to have a fantastic day.

Tristam said:
Finally broke down and watched the prologue. All I can say is that all of you are beautiful and I love all of you and I want everyone to have a fantastic day.

:lol My day was fantastic just because of this.

sphinx

the piano man
Tristam said:

o.k come on, give me a hug.

it's o.k to cry too.

Gallagher

Banned
Fuck... Nintendo is rocking since some days.... this game is fucking awesome and after i saw the prologue.... iam really interested in a "Kid Icarus" Sequel ^^

Tristam said:

:lol GAF needs this.

Seriously, with these videos and the new Smash Bros ones from this morning...my God if Nintendo aren't delivering two amazing games within a month of one another.

methodman

Banned
Gallagher said:
Fuck... Nintendo is rocking since some days.... this game is fucking awesome and after i saw the prologue.... iam really interested in a "Kid Icarus" Sequel ^^

I can't believe this game is actually about to drop next month. Then we get SSBB?! God dammit.

Ooow look at that game, it's making people happy! It's the magical game, from Happy Land, with gumdrop houses on Lolly Pop Laaaane!!

By the way, I was not being sarcastic

I'm glad that someone posted a few screen grabs a few pages back to hold me over. I do NOT want to watch this intro video before I get the game, but I can barely help myself. Oh shit oh shit. The picture of the island with the penguins... HOLY SHIT.

JavyOO7

I really thought EAD Tokyo was going to drop the ball with this game. When I saw the trailer to this last year I was amazed; but there had to be a catch!

Honestly, this developer is special. There's one major difference between this and Super Mario Sunshine. I felt SMS was un-inspired stuff right after the first world came and went. Galaxy on the other hand? It OOZES with inspired shit everywhere. The game seems so inviting that you just can't help but smile, and ultimately, play it.

And I should comment on the musical score as well. It's so fantastic that someone better upload that bitch day one when the game comes out! Or if Nintendo releases the OST I'm buying that shit.

But honestly, EAD Tokyo deserves a bow. Even though I adored Jungle Beat, I had no idea that those dudes could truly make a grand Mario experience.

The music is so reassuring. Nintendo's big titles lately have really been lacking in the audio department, but Prime 3, Mario Galaxy and obviously Smash Bros. all look to be great.

Can someone please describe their deep and unmeasurable feeling of regret after spoiling the opening for themselves.

For the love of god someone convince me not to watch this.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
WastingPenguins said:
Can someone please describe their deep and unmeasurable feeling of regret after spoiling the opening for themselves.

Sorry, no regret from me, just complete and utter joy.

Drewsy

Banned
Oh my GOD, that
castle from super mario 64
is back. I'm so hyped. I kind of regret seeing that now.

edit: added in spoiler warnings just to be safe

WastingPenguins said:

It's not like we play Mario games for the story. I mean, maybe if this was an epic RPG, I might feel a bit spoiled. But really, we all know what's going to happen. It's just the WAY it happens that's awesome. Plus, teh shinzy grfix!

Amir0x

Banned
DXMachina said:
I enjoyed it, it was just dissapointing. It was no Mario 64.

I think it was all Mario 64 was, and more. I guess I don't have that extreme connection to the original Mario 64 some do, because while it was certainly groundbreaking and fun at the time I thought Sunshine improved on it in most ways. Some people disliked the lack of variation in the beach/sunshine theme, but I thought it was an incredibly refreshing approach to the genre.

WastingPenguins said:

Your missing an awesome, awesome intro, but just next month you'll be one of those few gaffers who can see this source of pure joy and happiness for the first time while actually playing this game.

Just wait if you're afraid to watch.

CoolS

WastingPenguins said:

First thing after you see it is you will be FUCKING FULL OF JOY AND HAPPINESS. It's just to amazing and you'll think how hard it's going to be to wait for this.

On the other hand, if I imagine how it would have been if I never saw this before and then play it for the first time. It probably would be even more awesome, being on your own TV and all.

Edit- beaten few times, with one pretty similiar response ^^

Jiggy

JoeFu said:
All this game needs is Luigi.
Truth. The superior brother shouldn't get glossed over yet again. :( He was great in Mario 64 DS, or would have been if they'd let him wall jump like he should have been able to.

Top Bottom