• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jen Tsao leaving 1UP, joins Sega

• Thread starter Deleted member 20415
  • Start date

J-Rzez

Tron 2.0 said:
Lame. 1Up doesn't need anymore hardcore white males. In fact, her sometimes differing opinion was one of her largest contributions to the team.

Where did I say "men only"? And why drag in the "white" card (and they're all not "white" anyways)? They can replace her with another female just that happens to mesh with the crew. She seemed like she'd fit in better at IGN.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just as long as Sega doesn't start pumping out shit like Ubisoft is doing or raping classics (Samba de Amigo) with crummy controls, this is a good thing.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
clashfan said:
Is she considered milf?

IMG_0039.jpg

Thats for you to decide.

There's someone I'd like to fuck in that photo, thats for sure.

The 1UP revolving dooooooooooooooooooor. :|

Best of luck to you, Jen.
El_TigroX said:
Dear Jen... there will be no casual game better than a PSN/XBLA version of Chu Chu Rocket... get on that.

Thanks.
And do this. And a PSP version.

Tron 2.0

J-Rzez said:
Where did I say "men only"? And why drag in the "white" card (and they're all not "white" anyways)? They can replace her with another female just that happens to mesh with the crew. She seemed like she'd fit in better at IGN.
You missed my point.

Johnkers

If you're reading this ,sad to see you go Jen. Fuck the haters, classic EGM Live*, around the time when you returned to host, was the best.

Looks like most of the most recent EGM staff are gone now.

Good luck to Jen...

I picked up a few games after listening to her opinion on the 1up show... Prof Layton is probably the most memorable one.

If she offers any input to push Sega into puting some money into making games like that then I predict good thing.

She looks quite different in that picture.

Jen's been around for a while, and as a long-time EGM reader it's always surprisingly sad to see these people leave. I think GAF's irrational hatred of Wii Music might be tarnishing things a bit, though.

Anyway, Sega, as a publisher, is a great place to join. However, as part of their internal design team, I wish her the best of luck.

immy said:
hope she isn't on yours

I know of some balls that need sucking, I think you would be perfect for the job.

I'm sad to see Jen go, I really enjoyed her as host of EGM Live. Good luck Jen and do comeback for some 1up podcasts.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
So much hate. I've always liked you Jen, best of luck.

Also all the lovers can check her flickr for bikini pics.

Philia

She was saying good bye to hardcore and leaving for casual? BADDDD MOVE. :\ Its fine if you're catering to the masses, you'll just be no different from the rest. Maybe she just wants to step down or slow down or whatever... but yeah... another one bites the dust.

I really hope she enjoys shovelware. But please don't make it a gender thing. For the love of god, please don't encourage more and more girls to love that shit.

Flavius

A very good writer with a very unique voice. It's a definite, absolute loss for 1up.

Best of luck, Jen. :)

Haters should check out her last (only?) appearance on GFW Radio. To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of EGM Live myself, but listening to her on GFW Radio made me believe that she wasn't that show's problem. She could shoot the shit with the best of them.

J-Rzez said:

Yes, because what we want at 1UP is a group of people who all share the exact same thoughts about every game and never have differing or varied opinions, likes, or dislikes. That definitely makes for the most interesting discussions and content.

As Johnkers so aptly put it, fuck the haters. And for those who miss Jen on podcasts, she appears in a goodbye segment on next week's 1UP FM. We'll miss her greatly.

Amir0x said:
Good luck at SEGA. Tell them to never ruin another classic franchise again. Sonic, NiGHTS, Samba... now Golden Axe. If Jennifer can stop this one horror slashing of nostalgic memories, we can all be thankful.

Wii Music is still atrocious though.

She's in the casual division.

Trevor360

Banned
Good luck at SEGA. Tell them to never ruin another classic franchise again. Sonic, NiGHTS, Samba... now Golden Axe. If Jennifer can stop this one horror slashing of nostalgic memories, we can all be thankful.
How did they ruin NiGHTS? If anything, its more of the same

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If Jen didn't say what she said about the hardcore (a week before Gears of War 2 hits, sells another kabillion copies and makes the statement laughable), this thread would have been much different. =/

GhaleonQ

I'll also add that she did a great job in the 2nd iteration of EGM Live. Once it was grouped into segments, she did a stellar hosting job.

YYZ

For some of you idiots posting in this thread (and this is just the first page), if you wouldn't have the balls to say what you're saying to her face, then don't fucking say it you twats.

Rolf NB

KefkaTaran said:
Yes, because what we want at 1UP is a group of people who all share the exact same thoughts about every game and never have differing or varied opinions, likes, or dislikes. That definitely makes for the most interesting discussions and content.
On the upside, it would make for a more consistent review process. Is that not desirable?

KTallguy

Banned
Definitely going to be hard to find someone to replace her.
You definitely have to go into Casual games with a different mindset.

taconinja

bcn-ron said:
On the upside, it would make for a more consistent review process. Is that not desirable?
Not really. Echo chamber effect would be too much in force for any real use to be had.

If it was possible (and it likely isn't) the best case would be to have two reviewers and no more on a staff who would both play the game and give opinions and reviews.

bcn-ron said:

it depends, do you want a consumer report or do you want criticism? sounds like the former.

YYZ said:
For some of you idiots posting in this thread (and this is just the first page), if you wouldn't have the balls to say what you're saying to her face, then don't fucking say it you twats.

this. jenn is great.

Top Bottom