• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Legere announces new T-Mobile One improvements to counter Verizon "Unlimited"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im at verizon. 2 smartphone lines at 100$ with 8gb of data and 3g after that. I think im getting a good deal considering I also get nba and nfl for free.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
This would be great if T-mobile actually had service in my area.

And if I could afford service at all.

Mr. Hyde

I think I am going to jump my tmobile grandfathered plan to the new one to save on taxes and be eligible for a Google Pixel promo while it's still going on. This Nextbit Robin is killing me.

Mr. Hyde

My wife and I are in the same plan. I can't remember if JUMP is included or we pay extra for it. I wonder if it's included with this plan.

I hope this isn't just for new customers. The unlimited tethering would be amazing for me as our home internet is down at least a few weeks out of the year. It was down nearly 3 weeks last month forcing me to use nearly all my tethering.

I don't think it would be just for new customers. They'd rather have everyone on their One plan, I'm assuming. I will check on Friday since a new store opened near my house.

Phaenos

If you want to pay $10/day for better data service while you are in another country, I imagine there's an option for you. Free 2G is better than nothing.

I've taken two international trips in the last year (Europe and Japan) and honestly, the 2G speeds were more than enough to meet my wife and I's needs while trying to get around. Using walking GPS when navigating cities, pulling up metro maps and using local metro apps, hunting for places to eat, etc. all worked just fine. We're both pretty chill travelers though, so waiting 8 seconds for a page to load vs. 3 seconds wasn't a huge deal.

Mr. Hyde

Any word on any good phone deals? I know a while back they offered b1g1 Galaxy s7's or the like.

I'm going for the pixel promotion of getting half the cost back over 24 months on my bill, if they don't cancel the promotion on Friday haha.

So i got this offer for 6 lines at 160$ taxes included.
Now I wanted to know if I get iphone 7 now..will I be able to trade it for the 8 when it comes out? I just forgot to ask the rep there.

Anustart

If anyone is on a competing carrier, att/verizon/sprint, post paid and wanting to switch to tmobile, I can get 5 people 20% off for life. So if you get the 2/100 plan it would be 2/80. PM me if anyone interested. Thought i'd place this here instead of a new topic.

Toki767

If anyone is on a competing carrier, att/verizon/sprint, post paid and wanting to switch to tmobile, I can get 5 people 20% off for life. So if you get the 2/100 plan it would be 2/80. PM me if anyone interested. Thought i'd place this here instead of a new topic.

That's nice of you. I'd take that offer but I'm waiting for the S8 before switching.

Psxdad

What about if you still owe on your old phone with AT&T? Also, can you take your phone with you to T-Mobile? I'd be willing to change but I want the new iPhone 8 this fall so I don't want to upgrade phones right now.

Anustart

What about if you still owe on your old phone with AT&T? Also, can you take your phone with you to T-Mobile? I'd be willing to change but I want the new iPhone 8 this fall so I don't want to upgrade phones right now.

You can take your phone with you.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Someone needs to whip up a big chart comparing the big four's services and prices. I'm getting lost with all the shade everyone is throwing at each other all of a sudden.

You can take your phone with you.

Let me ask you this, and I'll do it here so perhaps it would help someone else.

Have an upgrade phone with Apple, no contract, that shouldn't be an issue, right? (7+)

Have an AT&T line, no contract, but still owe about $150 on. Wife doesn't care about upgrading, but if I get a better deal I could. Pay off first, bring over, pay off, sell, buy another, or have T-Mo buy out? (iPhone 6, so I know ELTE I wouldn't get if I just keep)

Have a third line, no contract, device should work. This one will be easy. (Unlocked Blu Android)

Fourth line is currently prepaid T-Mo. Would like to convert this one as my fourth line. (dumb phone)

Toki767

Someone needs to whip up a big chart comparing the big four's services and prices. I'm getting lost with all the shade everyone is throwing at each other all of a sudden.
Here you go
chart_wired.png

Damaniel

Banned
I can't find any information about costs for more than 4 lines. I currently pay ~$160/mo for 5 lines, but only one has unlimited data. If I can make the other lines unlimited for not too much more, I'd change my plan in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Never mind - Toki767's post pretty much answers the question for me.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Just remember that those prices are promotional for the next year, not permanent.

The nice thing about contracts not being a thing anymore is that on 3/31/18 when the price is set to go back up you can reevaluate and see what carrier offers a better deal and switch.

The nice thing about contracts not being a thing anymore is that on 3/31/18 when the price is set to go back up you can reevaluate and see what carrier offers a better deal and switch.
Good point. Thinking about making that move. Paying ATT $100/month for unlimited data for 1 line (grandfathered). Was waiting for the i8 before changing plans/carriers.

What do.

xJavonta

Banned
yes.

the bill will be $100 flat on T-Mobile
Plus device cost

Sprint and T-Mo are killing it right now. And it's all contractless so as long as your lease terms are fulfilled you can jump ship with no charge. If you leave before fulfilling the lease then you'll have to pay the remaining balance on the device, which you can then take to whichever carrier you want.

Good to see some competition happening. Now make the prices even lower.

And AT&T is trash. Absolute worst value all around

honestly didn't think we'd get unlimited back so quickly. I knew it'd be unsustainable with streaming and data usage on the rise but didn't know it'd be back so soon.

I'm currently on this plan, is it worth it to switch to the new One plan? I know the old One plan was worse like mandatory Binge-On and no free high speed tethering, but looks like they finally got rid of those and the price including taxes/fees is mighty tempting.
hdTn3qi.png

ZOONAMI

Yeah still gonna stick with my 6GB LTE with binge on and tethering for $40 a month (unlimited talk text)

This was supposed to be a temporary discount when sprint cut their rates in half years ago, but T-Mobile has just kept it as is for like 3 years, and even gave me binge on and tethering.

6GB is pretty muc perfect, I usually run out right at the end of my bill cycle. Having free YouTube, etc and music streaming really helps.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Is there any way to get an estimated monthly taxes and fees that I would be charged on Sprint in my area? Curious how much would be tacked onto that $50 monthly cost.

Guess Who

Banned
Switched from $80 for two lines for 2GB of data per line + taxes and fees (which ultimately came out to around $98) to $100 for unlimited with taxes and fees included, plus 10GB of LTE hotspot per line. Feels real good. And I get a $10 kickback if I use less than 2GB of data, which I often do since I'm usually on WiFi anyway.

John Legere seems like the kind of crazy motherfucker I'd like to be friends with in real life, or at least get drinks with one night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom