• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

• Platform: Playstation 3
  • Release date: 29 August 2013
  • Genre: Fighting game/Runway Model Simulator
  • Fashion Design: Hirohiko Araki
  • Availability: Japanese or Asian versions can be bought from Play-asia.com or Amiami.

Official Website: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/asb/top.html

arakiwatchesf7l3j.png
Introduction

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle is a Fighting game developed by CC2 based on the popular JoJo’s
Bizarre Adventure manga series. The game features many of the prominent characters from the series,
while the gameplay is simple enough for casuals to pick up. The game also features a character and
POSE customization mode, a gallery mode, jukebox mode to listen to the game’s music, practice and
online mode.

First print editions of the game will also come with a code to unlock Yoshikage Kira (EX-Kira) whose
movelist differs from his main roster counterpart.

jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-new-screens-gameplay-video1.jpg

There is also a Special Edition which comes with a gold plate etching of Giorno Giovanna, Jotaro and Star
Platinum figure, and the game’s soundtrack.

Characters!

The game features a total of 34 characters, those with a Stand have its name listed next to them. Click on the links for additional insight into the characters.

Part 1 - Phantom Blood:
Jonathan Joestar, Will A. Zeppeli, Dio Brando (aka Vampire Dio)
Part 2 - Battle Tendency:
Joseph Joestar, Caesar Zeppeli, Wham, ACDC, Cars
Part 3 - Stardust Crusaders:
Kujo Jotaro [Star Platinum], Noriaki Kakyoin [Hierophant Green], Jean Pierre Polnareff
[Silver Chariot], Moh’d Abdul [Magican’s Red], Hol Horse [Emperor], Dio Brando [The World]
Part 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable:
Higashikata Josuke [Crazy Diamond], Nijimura Okuyasu [The Hand], Hirose Koichi [Echoes],
Kishibe Rohan [Heaven’s Door], Otoishi Akira [Red Hot Chili Pepper], Kira [Killer Queen]
Part 5 - Vento Aureo:
Giorno Giovanna [Gold Experience (Requiem)], Bruno Buccellati [Sticky Fingers], Guido
Mista [Sex Pistols], Narancia Ghirga [Aerosmith], Diavolo [King Crimson]
Part 6 - Stone Ocean:
http://abload.de/img/jojo___1_by_immuzesrphb.jpgJolyne Kujo [Stone Free], Hermes Costello [KISS], Enrico Pucci [Whitesnake, C-Moon,
Made in Heaven]
Part 7 - Steel Ball Run:
Johnny Joestar [Tusk], Gyro Zeppeli [Ball Breaker], Funny Valentine [Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap]
Part 8 - Jojolion:
Josuke Higashikata [Soft & Wet]

Game mechanics

Button scheme: The game has 4 attack buttons: Light Attack (A), Medium Attack (B), Hard Attack
(C) and Style or ‘Special’ (S). Chain combos are possible in the game ala UMvC3 and Persona 4 Arena,
and can be canceled into specials or supers.
Pressing the S button will activate an ability depending on a character’s play style:
For Stand users, it allows them to summon their Stand.
For Ripple users, holding the button will charge their meter.
For Pillar Men, it will activate their Mode.
For Johnny and Gyro, pressing the button will allow them to fight while riding their horses.
Rapdily pressing the A button will perform an auto-combo similar to how Persona 4 Arena does it, and if
there is enough meter, will end with a super move.
Pressing Select will perform a Taunt or Pose, a character can perform a different taunt if the opponent is
knocked down as well.

• Guard Gauge: Depletes as you block attacks. When a Guard Gauge empties, your character will be
  • stunned for a short period of time leaving them open for a free attack from the opponent.
  • Stage Hazards/Gimmicks: Each stage has a hazard that can be used to damage an opponent, and
  • their location is marked or highlighted when playing in that stage.
  • Special Finishers: Defeating enemies with certain attacks can trigger a short cutscene, such as being
  • knocked out of Dio’s castle, or getting slammed to a water tanker in the Egypt stage.
  • Rush mode: A clash system similar to what is in the Capcom JoJo fighter, if both character’s rapid
  • punching attacks clash with one another, they enter Rush mode. When this occurs, players would mash
  • the Light button rapidly and the player who presses the buttons fastest wins the clash.
  • Fabulous Dodge: The game features a ‘Just Defend’ mechanic, where if you block just as an attack is
  • about to touch your character, they will pose fabulously and be invincible for the duration of the pose.
  • The only downside to using this technique is that it consumes a small amount of the super/Heart meter.
  • Puttstun Cancel: The game’s Roman Cancel/FADC mechanic (Puttsun is a sound effect used to
  • express one’s nerves snapping). They can only be performed if your attack hits or is blocked, and cost 1
  • stock of meter.
  • Super moves/Heat Attacks: Each character has at least 2 Heat Attacks, one that costs 1 stock of
  • meter, and a stronger Attack that costs 2 stocks. A Lvl. 1 Heat Attack is performed with *+2 Attack
  • buttons, whereas Lvl. 2 is performed with *+3 Attack buttons.
  • Desperation status: When your character’s health drops to 25% and their life bar starts flashing,
  • they will gain an increase in attack power and gain more meter from their attacks.

arakiwatchesf7l3j.png
Screenshots!

arakiwatchesf7l3j.png
Videos!

Watch the opening of the game!
JoJo ASB PV2 Subbed
JoJo ASB PV3 Subbed
JoJo ASB PV4 Subbed
JoJo ASB PV5 Subbed
Jotaro vs D'Arby

arakiwatchesf7l3j.png
Reviews:

Special thanks to Tizoc for help with information gathering and organization!

Neol

Still hoping, dreaming and forever wishing for localization.

In the meanwhile, hopefully we'll see legit battles online when people begin to start to become good at it. Tired of seeing mundane CPU AI >_<

Jubern

Only watched the new anime series so I know this is going to spoil me to hell and back, but I'm really tempted. Will probably wait for it to drop in price a little though.

I'm so torn between reading the manga or waiting at least for the new adaptation of Stardust Crusaders, which should be awesome.

Great OT, super hyped for this! Looking forward to playing it.

Gonna toy around with everyone but I mainly want to use Josuke, Kira (both versions), Diavolo, Johnny, and Valentine.

Jarate

Banned
Will I have to unlock characters by playing the single player

Really dont feel like dealing with that many moon runes

Card Boy

Banned
Posting on the first page of this legendary thread.

Wishlist time

1) Iggy and The Fool
2) Lisa Lisa
3) Stronheim
4) Old Joseph
5) Diego Brando
6) Soundman
7) Trish
8) Santana
9) Foo Fighters
10) Weather Report
11) Anasui
12) Vanilla Ice

Bonus Wishlist

Jesus
Petshop
Green Baby
Cat Plant
Ape from Part 3
That sword from part 3

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So insanely pumped for this. Love Jojo, love fighting games. What can go wrong?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm kind of disappointed that awesome rumored character roster I found awhile back ended up fizzling, especially since all of it was coming true for awhile, especially the odd inclusion of Akira from Part 4 who isn't an immediate choice that springs to mind. No Abbachio is probably the most upsetting omission for me, but hopefully he pops up like in the Replay Menu or something using Moody Blues to record the fights.

Not sure if I'm gonna import, I just spent 100+ recently importing Kamen Rider Battride War, and I have a lot of upcoming games I want like 101 and XY. Plus I'm still holding out for the off-chance it comes to the US, or EU, and I can import an English version...if that doesn't materialize by the spring, I'll probably give in.

Mik2121

The latter, from what I've seen of the demos.

It honestly looked pretty weird to play...like more of an interactive movie.

It's actually a fighting game. It has more camera cuts for special attacks than your average fighter, but it's still a fighting game, and you can still do all kinds of attacks and combos.
I don't wanna say much else because I don't wanna sound like I'm trying to sell the game, but let's be fair when it needs to :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's actually a fighting game. It has more camera cuts for special attacks than your average fighter, but it's still a fighting game, and you can still do all kinds of attacks and combos.
I don't wanna say much else because I don't wanna sound like I'm trying to sell the game, but let's be fair when it needs to :p

Well, I'm not really a hardcore fighter dude, so I wasn't trying to put it down...I'm just saying, from a casual perspective, even Watch Da Birdie is afraid it might not live up to those looking for a truly deep, competitive fighting experience.

If anything I'm afraid of buying it if it ends up being a fighting game you need to put a lot of time in to enjoy, because, well, I'm just no good at fighting games I'm afriad.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Aw yeah let's get pretty.
810333414_466592.gif

Grimløck;77863473 said:
0 chance for localization?
Pretty much - at least with keeping the names intact. Nothing official has been announced.
I take it no English subtitles?
Nope.
Will I have to unlock characters by playing the single player

Really dont feel like dealing with that many moon runes
Everyone listed in the OP should be available from the start.
Never bet on JoJo.
It's really a shame that the AI for Jojo's folks is so awful on Saltybet.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Despite my reservations about the game, I've had this preordered for months just because it's the first potentially good JoJo game in ages. Needs more Stone Ocean rep though!

Astarte

Playasia FedEx shipping, guaranteed day 1 for me! 38 characters on the disc with 12 more dlc characters on the way...oog my wallet.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fabulous Dodge: The game features a &#8216;Just Defend&#8217; mechanic, where if you block just as an attack is
about to touch your character, they will pose fabulously and be invincible for the duration of the pose.
The only downside to using this technique is that it consumes a small amount of the super/Heart meter.

It consumes guard gauge doesn't it? Not super meter.

Is this looking like a legit fighter or like a CC2 Naruto type fighter?

The devs have said it's not a technical game, but they've also said it's more of a traditional fighter than their Naruto games.

Basically the answer you're probably looking for is somewhere in the middle.

You forgot Okuyasu's stand in the OP. Just thought I'd let you know.
Also the names of Wham, ACDC, and Cars are officially Wamuu, Esidesi and Kars. Not that anyone uses those names, but y'know, just throwing that out there in case you want to be a stickler for details.

Shito

Godlike OP for a (I hope so at least) godlike game!
Will be there as well.
I haven't followed the game very well up until now, though: is there somewhere I could read on the different characters and their playstyles?

[EDIT]
Ok, those infos in the post just above mine are already a very good start! Thanks Retro_!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I've been waiting for a game like this for about 15 years, since the Capcom part 3 fighter.

Fisico

My preorder was locked months ago.

Now is the time where I have to choose the first character to play with, Joseph is tempting but so is Shiza, Johnny or Jolyne urg

Top Bottom