• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 9th

Sterok

Is this the first time a system has won thanks to a game not on said system?

I don't mind MS ignoring handhelds since they don't have one. When was the last time PS4 was in third place?

Then XB1 must've held well this month.

Completely underestimated 3DS and XB1 this month.

Same, at least for X1.

I figured with S releasing right after July ended, folks would wait until then to get the latest box but I guess the price cutting worked to coax consumers into buying the original model!!

rhandino

Banned
3DS>Xone>PS4>OUYA
rTLvrCq.gif

Pokemon Go impacT?

Audioboxer

So that rumor about PS Now coming to PC...
Sony knows PS4 is done and they care about MAUs only now.

The meeting on the 7th of September is to announce their retirement from the hardware industry and the future being PS Now in 720p on Windows 10 PCs. App will be exclusive to the Windows store.

So that rumor about PS Now coming to PC...
Sony knows PS4 is done and they care about MAUs only now.

People think the playstation meeting is about the neo, when its really just them announcing their exit from the PS4 console business and going full speed towards PS Now and a Playstation vita revival.

Guymelef

People think the playstation meeting is about the neo, when its really just them announcing their exit from the PS4 console business and going full speed towards PS Now and a Playstation vita revival.

The best thing about Vita Trinity is that it will allow up to 100 different PSN accounts per console, more MAUs per console is good.

Whatever it is you're doing it's embarrassing lol

Anyways, OT: Grats to MS.

Excited to pick up my S on the 23rd.

I did not want to hurt your feelings. I am as happy as you that microsoft found the sweet spot in their pricing policy for the Xbox to become the no. 1 home console in July.
Thank you for informing us about your purchase plans.

sense

I knew XB1 would win.

That thing was close being given away for free.

Not initially ;)

Ps4 was always going to win with xb1 slim announcement. Ps4 will win July aswell.

August will be more interesting.

Nah there are some crazy fire sale deals for xb1 going around so I would be absolutely shocked if xb1 did not win next month

XB1 is one big fire sale.

PS4 will win July.

CrazE

Banned
But I thought sales don't matter. What matters is MAU. What changed this month?

Same thing that happened last gen when Sony started counting the Playstation Family. They all do this. But who can do it better is the key!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It would have been bad if a price cut to 279 and Xbox S hype didn't get MS to number 1 spot.

Unfortunately for them, their timing is that NEO comes out in September with PS4 to get an inevitable price drop.

*edit*

Probably october, but i'm assuming PS4 gets a price drop immediately

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Hey, just though about this!

Best July for 3DS before this month was July 2013, when it sold 150,000 unit. This July is >176k.

Top Bottom