• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Mahonay

Banned
The biggest thing hurting the womens divisions is Nia and Tamina.

I don't want to talk too much about the the MYC, but thats where I hope they fix the main roster issue.
Also having Charlotte sell for someone like Lana is pretty god damn harmful.

I don't know, Nia is fine. She's gotten better. But the push she got early was super stupid, and a lot of bad booking centers around her.

I've always said Tamina is one of the worst workers they have on the roster. She moves so slow to the point you can see her thinking about what her next move is..."Do I kick, or do I punch? Gotta make sure I go at half speed."

Foggy

And the haluma kick is just a boot
a super kick is just a high kick

There's been so many moves in the history of wrestling that were just the same thing or a slight iteration

And those look infinitely better than a belly to belly. We would be having this exact same discussion if her finisher was a hip toss. She's over with people, that's fine, but her finisher is garbage. It's asinine to think anyone would say her finisher is "fine" if she wasn't over.

The biggest thing hurting the womens divisions is Nia and Tamina.

I don't want to talk too much about the the MYC, but thats where I hope they fix the main roster issue.

Nia, Tamina, Lana, Carmella and Naomi cannot hold a candle to the top 4 in the ring

Alexis, Emma, and Natty are closer

Fox318

SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT

WWE SUPERSTARS

THE WWE UNIVERSE

SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE

AMERICANA

THIS IS AWESOME

yIV4DQtl.png

Mahonay

Banned
Nia, Tamina, Lana, Carmella and Naomi cannot hold a candle to the top 4 in the ring

Alexis, Emma, and Natty are closer
I'd say Nia and Naomi are serviceable at least, definitely in comparison to someone like Lana or Carmella. They should not be highlighted to the level they are though.

Recall

Michael Cole has been a voice within WWE for 21 years now.

I wonder when he actually started and how he survived the wrath of Shawn Michaels in 1996.

Draxal

I'd say Nia and Naomi are serviceable at least, definitely in comparison to someone like Lana or Carmella. They should not be highlighted to the level they are though.

I'd definitely put Naomi there (if she would just get rid of).

http://i.imgur.com/VA6sCe4.gifv

Nia is just a pretty awful hoss wrestler, and almost killed charlotte a couple of times, however she was rushed and I guess we should give her a chance that Braun got.

My girlfriends cousin is staying with us till Saturday and is a big wwe mark and even bigger nakamura mark. In Chile I don't think they know much of anything about njpw at all so what are his best matches outside of the 2 ibushi ones and AJ that stick out?

Mahonay

Banned
My girlfriends cousin is staying with us till Saturday and is a big wwe mark and even bigger nakamura mark. In Chile I don't think they know much of anything about njpw at all so what are his best matches outside of the 2 ibushi ones and AJ that stick out?
Nak's first WWE match vs Sami in NXT is amazing.

Nakamura vs Shibata

Mahonay

Banned
Natty is on a technical level better than everyone except maybe Charlotte
Mat wrestling wise, yes. But she moves around the ring very slowly otherwise. Becky and Sasha are infinitely quicker when it comes to moving around and transitioning. Natalya's character work has also been pretty heinous at times. But she's had some better moments over the past year, weird cat lady with Whitney Houston quotes was pretty fantastic.

Someone like Bayley should spend some extra time training with a Natalya, make her holds a little less embarrassing looking.

Mat wrestling wise, yes. But she moves around the ring very slowly otherwise. Becky and Sasha are infinitely quicker when it comes to moving around and transitioning. Natalya's character work has also been pretty heinous at times. But she's had some better moments over the past year, weird cat lady with Whitney Houston quotes was pretty fantastic.

Someone like Bayley should spend some extra time training with a Natalya, make her holds a little less embarrassing looking.

Cat lady is a Hart tradition. Love that shit. I love Natty. I love everything she does.

Carmella isn't terrible. Her matches with Nikki were pretty decent.

Natty is on a technical level better than everyone except maybe Charlotte

I don't think either Natty or Chalotte are that good technically. Chalotte's good at moonsaulting off of high things and Natty's good at talking about cats. There's a reason Charlotte was the only one of the 4 horsewomen on NXT who didn't have a stand out match when things just came down to unfettered work rates.

Spoilers for people who can't stand moon because of her meh gimmick on a womans roster full of meh gimmicks.
Last NXT Ruby and Ember put on a more technically sound/interesting RAW lengthed matched than any of the woman have done on the main roster.

I don't think either Natty or Chalotte are that good technically. Chalotte's good at moonsaulting off of high things and Natty's good at talking about cats. There's a reason Charlotte was the only one of the 4 horsewomen on NXT who didn't have a stand out match when things just came down to unfettered work rates.

Disagree.

I saw them wrestle each other at a house show and it was match of the night and probably the best woman's match I'd seen all year and maybe longer

Mahonay

Banned
Charlotte has more ring presence than most of the men on the roster. That goes a long way. She doesn't need to be a tour de force technical wrestler.

Okay, I'm not going to argue because I know I'm a nutcase when it comes to my opinions on women in the WWE.

John Pollock has been back for a couple minutes and I'm already dying laughing.
#Blessed

I'm so happy to have John back. Wai's always wrong about everything to the extent that I have to imagine he's playing devil's advocate at all times.

Egg0

Banned
Wade Keller saying Styles was supposed to retain and it was chaos backstage after Owens accidentally won lol

Wow lol

Did AJ forget to kick out? If he was suppose to retain, then I doubt it. Maybe KO went into business for himself or as someone else theorized, AJ didn't want to be saddled with the US title. Either way, I wonder if they'll redo it tonight.

Anth0ny

I'm so happy to have John back. Wai's always wrong about everything to the extent that I have to imagine he's playing devil's advocate at all times.

That's exactly what he's doing and it's annoying as fuck. Was hard to listen to the law stuff without John.

Wai already said this episode "I can't wait to see all the crazy backstage vignettes with Bray and Finn". Like what fucking show has this guy been watching? Even John laughed and said we'll come back to that clip in a couple of weeks and see if you feel the same way.

Wow lol

Did AJ forget to kick out? If he was suppose to retain, then I doubt it. Maybe KO went into business for himself or as someone else theorized, AJ didn't want to be saddled with the US title. Either way, I wonder if they'll redo it tonight.

Ummm no

For the record Meltz just thinks the finish was changed super last minute up to and including possibly while they were wrestling.

That's more likely than Owens winning by accident.

Silexx

Re: Owens vs AJ

The way Meltzer put it, it may be more that Vince had a literal last minute change of heart and decided to have a title switch, which left the AJ and KO scrambling for a new finish.

Edit: beaten by excelsiorlef.

Mahonay

Banned
It makes sense that Vince out of nowhere decided to change the finish as they were mid-match. Fucking maniac.

"WE CAN'T BE PREDICTABLE DAMMIT"

KO and AJ are 2 of the most professional

I was told the same thing the week about Styles the week people here were trying to tell me I, a queer fan, was wrong for being upset that he's homophobic

And the same thing about Owens the week before the audio of him saying the n-word went viral

So I'm going to keep my stance re: rolling my eyes at people defending their favs by calling them so professional and perfect, and how everything else denying that is just a work (or shoot, I forget what buzzwords yall like using most weekly)

Top Bottom