• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Syder

RAW Women's Division

original

Recall

WWE Hell in a Cell 2016

•Rusev vs Reigns (US Title - Hell in a Cell match) ***1/2
•Bayley vs Dana 1/2*
•Enzo & Cass vs Gallows & Anderson *1/2
•Rollins vs Owens (Universal Title - Hell in a Cell match) ****
•Kendrick vs TJP (Cruiserweight Title match) **1/4
•Cesaro & Sheamus vs New Day (Tag Team Title match) **1/4
•Charlotte vs Sasha (Women's Title - Hell in a Cell match) ***

Edit- GAF is running really slow for I. Apologies on the double post.

The Geek ratings are in!

Rusev vs Reigns - ***1/4
Bayley vs Dana - *
Enzo & Cass vs Gallows & Anderson - *1/2
Rollins vs Owens - ****1/4
Kendrick vs TJP (Cruiserweight Title match) *3/4
Cesaro & Sheamus vs New Day (Tag Team Title match) **1/2
Charlotte vs Sasha (Women's Title - Hell in a Cell match) ***1/2

On the main event, I didn't hate the stretcher job at the beginning even if it went on too long. The two botched table spots and the general flat finish took away a lot more from what was a very brutal match with some neat use of the cell.

Charlotte getting the Roman 3 titles in 6 months push
I'd argue Sasha who's been beaten clean once since she arrived at the main roster (and even then there was the whole 'she's badly injured' clause), and constantly looks strong and has been a two-time champ in 3 months probably fits the bill more.

https://twitter.com/chillhartman/status/792928070583848960

The crying child is the least noteworthy crowd reaction here
Sasha's come full circle and has her own Izzy.

Edit: LMAO AT THE DAD IN THE CORNETTE SHIRT

As far as Women's matches goes that was a classic well deserving imo of the HIAC. I blame the announcers for fucking up the finish at least from a home viewer point of view as they acted like Natural Selection was no big thing. Ah well that was a match chock full of brutality and hey we got a match where selling an injury actually factored in instead of it being something for the "underdog face" to Cena no sell their way through to victory.

shaowebb

So now that The Club got a win can we finally give Cass and Enzo a turn at beating somebody? The two are super over and its criminal to keep jobbin em.

cordy

Banned
The thing about the HIAC matches is that Sasha looked like the weakest face out there. Reigns won clean. Rollins took a lot of damage and it took 2 guys to take him down. Sasha on the other hand lost clean and in dominating fashion. Just looks bad for her in the long run. She keeps having these start and stop title reigns it's reminding me a lot of the Attitude Era.

As for Charlotte, she's reminding me a lot of Reign of Terror HHH always getting that belt put back on her.

The thing about the HIAC matches is that Sasha looked like the weakest face out there. Reigns won clean. Rollins took a lot of damage and it took 2 guys to take him down. Sasha on the other hand lost clean and in dominating fashion. Just looks bad for her in the long run. She keeps having these start and stop title reigns it's reminding me a lot of the Attitude Era.

As for Charlotte, she's reminding me a lot of Reign of Terror HHH always getting that belt put back on her.
I mean, Sasha took a lot of shit too, arguably more then Rollins. She went through a table which Rollins didn't do IIRC (on top of that it was an announcers table which probably Kayfabe hurts more then the regular table) along with a million and one neck and back cage/chair/table bumps.

Edit: It probably would have been better and more believable if the table actually broke in the finish instead of refusing to budge.

The division is dead. Just kill it, Vince needs to get Charlotte away from the title period. She's boring and it's bad enough they didn't take the title off of her at Mania. At least during the ae, the hot shots made sense but this feud is dead and there's nothing you can do with it. Talk about running something into the ground.

cordy

Banned
I mean, Sasha took a lot of shit too, arguably more then Rollins. She went through a table which Rollins didn't do IIRC (on top of that it was an announcers table which probably Kayfabe hurts more then the regular table) along with a million and one neck and back cage/chair/table bumps.

Edit: It probably would have been better and more believable if the table actually broke in the finish instead of refusing to budge.

I just got it...

Sasha is Ambrose circa 2014-2015. By that I mean whenever she takes a lot of damage in matches, whenever she's having some sort of injury in the match, she'll always lose. I guess that's the trend for her. Whenever there's a lot of mega-spots we know she won't end up winning the match.

And yeah that table botch was just awkward. Even the other spot where Sasha rolled off the table and then was hit with Charlotte's finisher was weird.
The division is dead. Just kill it, Vince needs to get Charlotte away from the title period. She's boring and it's bad enough they didn't take the title off of her at Mania. At least during the ae, the hot shots made sense but this feud is dead and there's nothing you can do with it. Talk about running something into the ground.

At this point I think they're giving us the Bayley/Charlotte WM match but I don't really think Charlotte needs to be champion for that long. I would have had Sasha hold the belt until WM and then turn heel at around Rumble time so it'll be Sasha/Bayley. Charlotte could end up destroying Dana or something but yeah her being a 3x champion is weird.

ReiGun

They need to go all in on Sasha or Charlotte and end this feud. Both women's title wins mean less and less with each successive one, ultimately making the title itself mean less. Now that Charlotte has the strap, she needs to keep it and they need to take a chance on building someone else to challenge for it.

I tried to warn everyone. They always hotshot belts a stupid amount of times during draft/brand split eras.

I love Edge, but he doesn't get 9 or 10 world titles at any other period in any other company than brand split WWE.

The most positive thing I'll ever say about Styles: he will easily be the longest reigning champ in the company by January.

I just got it...

Sasha is Ambrose circa 2014-2015. By that I mean whenever she takes a lot of damage in matches, whenever she's having some sort of injury in the match, she'll always lose. I guess that's the trend for her. Whenever there's a lot of mega-spots we know she won't end up winning the match.

And yeah that table botch was just awkward. Even the other spot where Sasha rolled off the table and then was hit with Charlotte's finisher was weird.
I wouldn't go so far to say that. Sasha's lost clean like once or twice in the main roster and has been continuously made to look strong. Odds are she'll be back in the title scene by tomorrow, it isn't like with Ambrose being in the midcard getting his ass kicked most of the time, Sasha's clearly still a top contender.

Kusagari

I have a feeling the next match ends up being a three, or four way with Dana, and Bayley eats the pin to keep the feud going even longer.

cordy

Banned
I wouldn't go so far to say that. Sasha's lost clean like once or twice in the main roster and has been continuously made to look strong. Odds are she'll be back in the title scene by tomorrow, it isn't like with Ambrose being in the midcard getting his ass kicked most of the time, Sasha's clearly still a top contender.

That's the thing most people don't remember. Ambrose in 2014/2015 only lost clean a handful of times. When he lost clean it was only against Reigns, Cena or through an injury like the Wyatt matches. He lost matches but he was mega-protected like Sasha is now. Sasha's still good but I never expect her to win these dangerous matches anymore.

Actually, maybe she lost so they'll do a rematch in a ladder match where she'll win. Who knows.

That's the thing most people don't remember. Ambrose in 2014/2015 only lost clean a handful of times. When he lost clean it was only against Reigns, Cena or through an injury like the Wyatt matches. He lost matches but he was mega-protected like Sasha is now. Sasha's still good but I never expect her to win these dangerous matches anymore.

Actually, maybe she lost so they'll do a rematch in a ladder match where she'll win. Who knows.
I think she'll only lose these PPV matches so long as she's against Charlotte. WWE probably wanna drag this PPV winning streak of hers out.

Nekofrog

Banned
i really really really really disliked hell in a cell

stopped paying attention for most of the matches and played candy crush instead :(

cordy

Banned
I think she'll only lose these PPV matches so long as she's against Charlotte. WWE probably wanna drag this PPV winning streak of hers out.

"Everyone hear this: Charlotte is 54-0 in PPV matches since she's joined the main roster. 8x Women's Champion. Her win ratio is .95%. Her favorite food-" - Cole

cordy

Banned
I honestly have felt for weeks that the focus on Kendrick has been dragging the whole division down.

Him winning tonight does not make me optimistic.

You need a heel champion for someone else though and I think he's the best guy they got for it. TJP isn't bad but he seems like a boring champion right now. Maybe he's better chasing. Seems like he's lost some of his fire to me since these past few months.

Charlotte isn't boring by any stretch of the imagination but am curious to know who you think should be wearing the strap.
Does it fucking matter? The whole division sucks. Just bring back Alundra. Hell, even Harvey as champion would be more interesting.

I hate Becky but at least on sd, there's more variety.

Top Bottom