• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

DF1WKPEV0AA4Sgo.jpg
kane-on-fire-o.gif

Nah fuck that guy

Mahonay

Banned
Has HBK done anything shitty since he got religious? He could maybe be one of those rare people who's both on the 'shitty people' and 'good people' list since he seemed to change a lot during his hiatus
Fuck Shawn. He constantly tries to white wash his past and wipe his hand clean of any responsibility because "I found Jesus". Doesn't work with me. Own up to your awful past and don't play it off as just silly hijinks.

Chris Benoit
I try to just never speak of Benoit as best I can.

Dave was reviewing the Bruiser Brody doc a few days ago on Observer Radio, and he told the whole story of Brody's murder again. Got me so angry. Intimidating witnesses and letting no one testify. Hiding evidence. Doing angles about it later. Fuck Carlos Colon and fuck every single one of those corrupt motherfuckers who covered that shit up.

Anth0ny

It's been "fucked" since 2002 based on rating decline.

15 years later it still exists. It will always exist.

Running off the fumes of the attitude era.

When you no longer have stars from the attitude era to pop numbers, even on a part time basis, you're left with a company that has no stars at all.

And the rating decline has been really sharp the last two years. We'll be looking at an average rating of below 2.0 at the end of this year, or maybe just barely above 2.0.

3.0 was supposed to be rock bottom for the longest time. 3.0 was supposed to be "the wrestling fans that will always be there and always watch no matter how bad the product gets"

Fuck Shawn. He constantly tries to white wash his past and wipe his hand clean of any responsibility because "I found Jesus". Doesn't work with me. Own up to your awful past and don't play it off as as just silly hijinks.

Totally agreed. Fuck him. The guy fucked up peoples lives for years.

It was interesting to hear on JR's podcast with Lita and Medusa previewing the MYC, they actually touched on Moolah's prostitution stuff. Not in depth obviously, but I think that's the first time anyone related to WWE has acknowledged that stuff.

Rock would probably be on the "good guy" list, wouldn't he? You almost never hear anything bad about him

Other than him cheating on his wife, he's basically clean.

A "former professional wrestler and serial killer dubbed La Mataviejitas (Sp. "The Old Lady Killer") sentenced to 759 years in jail for killing between 42 to 48 elderly women."

She has her own wing in this hall of fame, jesus christ.

Mahonay

Banned
Here's the current list for the new page
The Piece of Shit Hall of Fame Class

Dynamite Kid
Jimmy Snuka and Carlos Calon for MURDER
Michael PS Hayes
Ultimate Warrior
New Jack
Jerry Lawler
Shawn Michaels
Fabulous Moolah
Hulk Hogan
Vince McMahon
Bill Watts

If you have people you think should be on there that I just don't know about it, go ahead and tell us why they should...MAKE THE LIST.

Pikma

Banned
Still too niche, but they're onto something right now with this incredible year. Take this momentum, start a US based promotion in 2018... who knows what could happen.
Who knows what could happen? You supposedly believe this meme trash you always talk about of WWE dying in 5 years but you can't even realize that NJPW World number will most likely stay the same no matter what for the next few years? If the terrific shows they've been putting on aren't enough to significantly move the needle now they won't move it next year, nor the one after.

Scottify

Alright then, who are the good guys in wrestling do y'all think?

The only one off the top of my head is Titus O'Neil with his work with the homeless and poor. I'm sure there are others though.

Who knows what could happen? You supposedly believe this meme trash you always talk about of WWE dying in 5 years but you can't even realize that NJPW World number will most likely stay the same no matter what for the next few years? If the terrific shows they've been putting on aren't enough to significantly move the needle now they won't move it next year, nor the one after.

One thing we need to realize is that as much as we love NJPW, they are essentially the "Oscar bait" of the wrestling world right now. And quality doesn't always win out in entertainment in terms of what's successful and what's not. In fact it very rarely does.

Pikma

Banned
Alright then, who are the good guys in wrestling do y'all think?

The only one off the top of my head is Titus O'Neil with his work with the homeless and poor. I'm sure there are others though.
Titus is a republican, probably a Trump supporter too, so no, not him

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Has HBK done anything shitty since he got religious? He could maybe be one of those rare people who's both on the 'shitty people' and 'good people' list since he seemed to change a lot during his hiatus

Gregory Helms has some stories about Jesus hbk that don't paint him in the best of light. Basically that he is still a jerk to people, just not a drugged up one. Considering helms seems to like and get alone with pretty much everyone, it lends some credibility to it.

I applaud New Japan for trying with the US expansion, but they've gotta do better, especially with how the AXS night 1 show and presentation went, for it to really translate to success and more fans

Mahonay

Banned
Jericho has been pretty obviously conservative/right wing for a while now. There's a lot instances that made it clear as day.

His defending of DeMott was a red flag. That was a bad call.

If you're conservative, whatever, but I will never understand sticking up for someone who was physically and mentally abusing people.

Top Bottom