• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Anth0ny

I should come up with a Top Wrasslers list now that I've watched all significant wrestling (Japan is #FakeNews).

ubsn1.gif

Zach-san, please review all of the Jan 4 shin nihon puro resu shows so we can see the first ever A rating for a PPV!

I don't know what it is, friend. I use fish sauce and oyster sauce in so much of my cooking, but actually eating the fucking things whole just reminds me of the stench of bait while fishing as a kid.
Fishing itself is for marks 100%

But the devouring of aquatic flesh is a solid 6 stars

is cena your current #1

lol. The push has little to do with it. It's just a matter of how good he is right now. It's physically impossible for him to have a match that's any less than good. And most of his matches are excellent. And he's had two matches this year that I would consider two of my top five matches ever.

Sasha, Charlotte or Becky not being on Summerslam's card?

giphy.gif

Sasha will be on it probably costing Bayley her match.

Charlotte and Becky will probably be in a tag match with someone.

lol. The push has little to do with it. It's just a matter of how good he is right now. It's physically impossible for him to have a match that's any less than good. And most of his matches are excellent. And he's had two matches this year that I would consider two of my top five matches ever.
I'm guessing one is AJ vs Cena at the rumble but what's the other one? EC match?

Sasha will be on it probably costing Bayley her match.

Charlotte and Becky will probably be in a tag match with someone.
I wish Billie and Peyton would get called up so they can bother Becky and Charlotte.

Also I've been wrong so many times this year on guesses to when Sasha turns heel that I can't find the hope it'll happen at Summerslam.

No, I'm talking about Okada.
whoops, my bad

Emma, Summer Rae, and Gran Metallik won't be either

In terms of talent the people who won't be there is at least coming close to better than the people who will be
Emma's the fave but Summer was my original waifu :(

Anth0ny

Meltzer and Alvarez were discussing this earlier this week: Okada is the current day Ric Flair. He can get a good match out of ANYONE, from comedy characters like Toru Yano, to big fucks who can't work like Bad Luck Fale, to perennial 3 star performer Cody Rhodes. And then lets not even mention him being paired up with actual workers like Omega, Suzuki, Tanahashi, Shibata... it's fucking mental.

Most importantly... even with Okada winning the match in the end, his opponents feel WAY more over than they did before the match. His selling, his pacing, his in ring psychology is at another level. He's just totally in control at all times. It's hard to even fathom, but if you actually watch his matches, it's true.

I wish Billie and Peyton would get called up so they can bother Becky and Charlotte.

Also I've been wrong so many times this year on guesses to when Sasha turns heel that I can't find the hope it'll happen at Summerslam.

There's some noise around the Iconic Duo being called up soon. We'll see if it pans out.

Sasha's either turning heel or being swapped to SD for Naomi, depending on whose rumors you believe.

With all these calls up from NXT and the MYC, WWE might think about an annual Women's Battle Royal.

Rumor lately is that they want to do a Women's Rumble next year.

Meltzer and Alvarez were discussing this earlier this week: Okada is the current day Ric Flair. He can get a good match out of ANYONE, from comedy characters like Toru Yano, to big fucks who can't work like Bad Luck Fale, to perennial 3 star performer Cody Rhodes. And then lets not even mention him being paired up with actual workers like Omega, Suzuki, Tanahashi, Shibata... it's fucking mental.

Most importantly... even with Okada winning the match in the end, his opponents feel WAY more over than they did before the match. His selling, his pacing, his in ring psychology is at another level. He's just totally in control at all times. It's hard to even fathom, but if you actually watch his matches, it's true.
And the guy isn't even 30.

Remind me why people want Asuka called up again?

Or as Tapout would call her, Gail Kim.

Right now the only reason I've seen is "so NXT's division will actually have a chance to stand out without someone clearly being the best in every way"

See also: Why everyone is happy Brock's done after Mania

Foggy

Shawn is whatever, but listening to excerpts from his book and he's easily full of the milkiest, creamiest, filthiest, stank ass shit in the world. What a goober.

Hasney

Right now the only reason I've seen is "so NXT's division will actually have a chance to stand out without someone clearly being the best in every way"

See also: Why everyone is happy Brock's done after Mania

He's not done, he's just working out an even better contract. HAIL BORKS CONTRACT

Hasney

Can't be arsed making a thread so I'll ask you fine folk. How is clamato beer? I like the sound of all those things separately so I would try it, but I can't find it here.

Can't be arsed making a thread so I'll ask you fine folk. How is clamato beer? I like the sound of all those things separately so I would try it, but I can't find it here.
Tomato beer sounds kind of.....terrible?

Like I guess there's beer and pizza but still

Hasney

Tomato beer sounds kind of.....terrible?

Like I guess there's beer and pizza but still

Well there's also clam juice in there...

Found a recipe I might try

Mexican lager beer (Modelo is typical)
Clamato (or tomato juice, if you really can't stomach the idea of clam juice in your beer)
3-4 splashes hot sauce, more or less to taste. I use Tapatío.
2 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
2 splashes of Maggi sauce (or soy sauce)
Juice of one lime
Tajín seasoning (or salt) for the rim

Well there's also clam juice in there...

Found a recipe I might try

Mexican lager beer (Modelo is typical)
Clamato (or tomato juice, if you really can't stomach the idea of clam juice in your beer)
3-4 splashes hot sauce, more or less to taste. I use Tapatío.
2 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
2 splashes of Maggi sauce (or soy sauce)
Juice of one lime
Tajín seasoning (or salt) for the rim
Like it sounds good as a sauce or something but I wouldn't want to just drink it

Top Bottom