• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jump Super Stars - The Official Thread

Well, there's only 5 days left until the (possibly) most imported game of the year releases!

Let the HYPE begin!

The downloadable "training" demo should be at Japanese kiosks within the next few hours, correct? So who's planning on getting out there and posting some impressions?

Ruzbeh

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
guess you played it, so tell us more
Oh no. That's not what I mean. :lol IF there are no properly worked out moves with Kenshin = No buy...

I'm crossing my fingers. :D :D :D

IIRC, I saw a scan a while back that showed movelists for all the playable (and support) characters. They seemed to have a lot of moves per character; In fact, Kenshin had some of the MOST moves.

I'm gonna import this as a birthday gift for a friend of mine, he owns a ds since launch and owns 0 games.
I really hope that this game is going to be awesome.

The only reason why I'm holding back on putting down an order is because there seems to be a fair amount of text in the game to not make it import friendly for us non-Jap readers. It's a fighting game I know, but for that reason I think I'm going to wait till impressions start filtering in before I consider plonking down the dough.

Having said that though, I'll probably end up getting it anyways -- I've been looking forward to it ever since it was announced. ;)

Cold Shadow said:
I really hope that this game is going to be awesome.

The way I see it is that, even if the gameplay is lacking, the game has so much content already that there's just no way it can truly "suck".

Of course, hopefully it's the best damn game EVER, but we'll see. ^_^

nubbe

You can already download the Training Demo in some places, apparently.
I hope the Demo makes its way to the net soon. :)

Ruzbeh

Banned
Randam_Hajile said:
IIRC, I saw a scan a while back that showed movelists for all the playable (and support) characters. They seemed to have a lot of moves per character; In fact, Kenshin had some of the MOST moves.
Oh boy, oh boy. If this doesn't come to Europe (very unlikely), I'm going to have to import. But how do you import??? :( Isn't it hard?

Ruzbeh said:
Oh boy, oh boy. If this doesn't come to Europe (very unlikely), I'm going to have to import. But how do you import??? :( Isn't it hard?

just visit play-asia.com or lik-sang.com both are VERY import-friendly

Next week is like Christmas for me. I've got Jump Super Stars, Fullmetal Alchemist DS, and Ouendan all shipping to me. It's gonna be the BEST WEEK EVER!

nubbe

Play-Asia has changed the order status from Aug.8 to 24H and they have charged my card… so they are about to send it out.

Yeah baby…
wub.png

A friend of mine said he got an email from Lik-Sang yesterday saying that his copy would ship on August 4th. I wasn't really sure I believed him, but now apparently Play-Asia says it's in stock, my credit card was charged, and the order is processing....

OMG, is Jump Super Stars really out?!?!

neo2046

Randam_Hajile said:
A friend of mine said he got an email from Lik-Sang yesterday saying that his copy would ship on August 4th. I wasn't really sure I believed him, but now apparently Play-Asia says it's in stock, my credit card was charged, and the order is processing....

OMG, is Jump Super Stars really out?!?!
it seems game shops in Hong Kong and Taiwan will start to sell the game and the red DS in the afteroon today (AUG 4)

Alright all you Japan people! Get out there and download the training demo!

Oh, and Ruzbeh... According to the official site, the game has Kenshin (playable), Sanosuke (support), Saitou (support), and Kaoru (item?). C'mon, go import it! You know you want it. ^_^

BigSucka

Banned
Guys I have a mission for you:

Track down a copy of the latest V Jump Magazine.

Scan the unlockable traces in actual size and post a printable version.

If you don't know what i'm talking about here's a summary:
Apparently they have a secret character system that is very interesting. If you have a Japanese Jump magazine they will come with these touch-screen inserts. You insert them into your touch screen and trace around the template with your stylus to unlock a secret character.

http://www.jeux-france.com/images7_4_11352.html
http://www.jeux-france.com/images8_4_11352.html
http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106

g0g0g0!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
BigSucka said:
Guys I have a mission for you:

Track down a copy of the latest V Jump Magazine.

Scan the unlockable traces in actual size and post a printable version.

If you don't know what i'm talking about here's a summary:
Apparently they have a secret character system that is very interesting. If you have a Japanese Jump magazine they will come with these touch-screen inserts. You insert them into your touch screen and trace around the template with your stylus to unlock a secret character.

http://www.jeux-france.com/images7_4_11352.html
http://www.jeux-france.com/images8_4_11352.html
http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106

g0g0g0!
Now THAT is cool

I preordered from NCSX.. they said they began shipping preorders already.. not sure if I made the deadline though.. if i didnt ill be superbly pissed cause they falsley advertised they would ship preorders yesterday aug 4-5th and now there saying any preorder after aug 1st wont get shipped till the 8th

bastards =[, but gamefaq'ers are saying that they are just shipping ALL preorders. so i emailed them.. hoping for more info

kiun

I am this close to ordering it. Its weird that Famitsu didn't review it yet. Hm....

Seriously, what are the chances that this game might suck ?

mutsu

kiun said:
I am this close to ordering it. Its weird that Famitsu didn't review it yet. Hm....

Seriously, what are the chances that this game might suck ?

Nintendo + Jump characters = 0% chance of failing.

Zeo

Banned
Serious question for people who would know this kind of thing:

What is the likelyhood of this coming to America?

Rocket9

Well there's at least 5 licensed series that I know of. I have no ideas about the others

Naruto
One Piece
DB
Shaman King
Yu-gi-oh

Will be enough and/or that simple? Probably not so keep praying like the rest of us (or import)

.hacked

Zeo said:
Serious question for people who would know this kind of thing:

What is the likelyhood of this coming to America?

Same likelyhood that any of the Super Robot Wars games. Slim and none.

Zeo

Banned
.hacked said:
Same likelyhood that any of the Super Robot Wars games. Slim and none.

Well what if uhh..

Nintendo like...

Replaced them all with Nintendo characters, backgrounds, and released it as SSB DS, EH!?!?

Heh.

cja

Netrunner2k2 said:
Yeah, but will the sites like Play-asia reflect early on the charts since they are selling it now?
The charts only reflect sales at Japanese retail all the big exporters including Play-asia will have bought from wholesalers. One of the reasons why manufacturers sales numbers are usually higher than those stated by those who compile charts.

Top Bottom