• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 screenshots Leaked [Update: New microtransaction hell screenshots]

Permanently A

1388272948513.gif

That rent stuff best be optional.

The writing has been on the wall with SE's future games.

This goes along with what Shinobi is saying, and dates back to their 2013 annual report

Therefore, the F2P model is flexible in that earnings are adjustable according to players’ demand without any restriction on distribution of game products. My aim here is not to discuss the dichotomy between F2P and the fixed pricing model, but I would like to put emphasis on the major transformation of the game-playing environment in these days and big changes in consumer preferences regarding games. Devices for playing games are undergoing a rapid evolution and customer requirements for game experiences are becoming diversified accordingly. Consequently, the time has come for us game makers to take more flexible approaches in offering games and to devise various earnings models conforming to customers’ game-playing environments, moving away from the limited outlet of disc-based distribution of games. In this current of change, it is extremely important for the HD games category to enable transition from a disc-based earnings model to a more flexible one. This will define the future way we pursue HD games development.

So, what does this mean? Games as a service where you pay per location? You pay for only SP if you don't want MP? Ect, ect..

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/policy/message2013_3.html

Percy

Banned
Data on screen shows the game can't maintain a consistent 30fps apparently. Guess you don't need the button prompts to tell it's the Xbox One version, huh?
It's a joke, please don't take it personally.

Also full scale lols at F2P... if that's real then nope! Just gimme Mad Max already.

Let's just say it may not come out in one piece.

Guess this release isn't gonna be going merry then.

BeeDog

Maybe you download a shell of a game freely/cheaply, and buy bits and pieces in order to "scope" the game based on your own preferences and budget, e.g. buy/unlock new areas of the map, sets of vehicles/weapons etc.

Why are you guys getting on the framerate right now? This game isn't even officially announced, much less in playable alpha/beta for us yet. Chill out.

Also; I could see them going the Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown route of you can buy pieces if you want, or you can buy the full thing.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just Cause 2 had an insanely big world to explore, with an insane amount of things to do, between missions, items to find, weapons / vehicles to buy, etc.etc. It was a very open world experience. Now, I'm not against episodic releases for games at all, but...isn't that in sharp contrast with the whole concept behind Just Cause 2? Like, 100% against what represented the main attraction for lots of people who loved the game?

Slowdive

Banned
Pretty sure I read on GAF that each episode will have its own island.

FUCK THIS F2P BULLSHIT

JC2 was fucking AMAZING and they're going to completely ruin it. I can't believe it.

I hate this industry.

It's not F2P though according to Shinobi.

Just Cause 2 had an insanely big world to explore, with an insane amount of things to do, between missions, items to find, weapons / vehicles to buy, etc.etc. It was a very open world experience. Now, I'm not against episodic releases for games at all, but...isn't that in sharp contrast with the whole concept behind Just Cause 2? Like, 100% against what represented the main attraction for lots of people who loved the game?

Same can be said of Sleeping Dogs. Look what SE is doing with that franchise.

Wow, first Nintendo Direct, then GTA V trailer, now this. Today is just one amazing thing on top of another for me...

I'm not too worried about the game being non-traditional, to be honest. It's not like JC2 had a ton of vehicles to choose from when it came to the spawn menu anyway, and I still had a ton of fun with the game.

Edit: Being episodic would not really be something I'd look forward to, though.

It'll probably be a situation where you buy a base game for say $15-20. That's your sandbox and your basic elements. Anything more, like new guns, new vehicles, etc. will cost money. Basically, you get a super basic, but entirely playable JC3 for cheap, but you have to pay out the ass to make it anything at all like JC2.

Oh god lord. Square Enix what are you doing?!

Square Enix is just speeding up their irrelevancy on console. first triad wars, then JC3, then itll be Hitman, then Deus Ex. Square will wrek each franchise and wonder why things didnt go tgeir way. then they'll release a statement saying mobile is the future lol. im still skeptical we'll ever see FFxv and KH3 .

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh yes, yes, yes!
Just Cause 2 might be my favourite open world game of last generation, maybe even of all time. So much fun. So much dumb fun.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck? What is this F2P BS? Don't you fucking dare ruin Just Cause SE, put that shit into your crappy mobile games

Crawl

So this is S/E's new focus for western games? F2p Microtranaction based PC games? First Nosgoth, Then Sleepy dowgs triad wars & now just cause?

I'm no longer excited to see what Deus Ex Human Revolution 2 will be if this trend continues.

Nobody likes bite-sized shit. Just release the whole thing until it's done.

Buy the Founder's Edition now to receive Just Cause 3.0 and all content packs and downloadable add-ons permanently for just $199.99.

It looks like chaos won... and not in the way we anticipated.

Oh yes, yes, yes!
Just Cause 2 might be my favourite open world game of last generation, maybe even of all time. So much fun. So much dumb fun.
wat

Not that I disagree about JC2... but look at those leaks. Analyze them... and you will see the problem.

Top Bottom