• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

I've said I would (likely) vote for Zubz previously. Now we have Kark and Blarg as options. I need to reread things and before I put down my vote.

But if you need something here.

Vote: Cabot

Seriously, you were pissed when I didn't take my time to look at all the option on D1 properly and now you want me to rush?

you're my favorite person for at least three hours

Zubz

Banned
Thing is, I don't believe Blarg is Night Watch. He might be something. He's not that.

Zubz, I'm always willing to listen. Some of the others aren't, but I am. This also means that I'm a good candidate for fucking up, but what the hell, would always rather have more evidence than less. I'll hang back, but I'm pretty sure one of y'all is gonna go. There's just too many shenanigans on the table. You see that, right?

So I may well end up voting for one of y'all. But I will listen.

I'm re-reading anyway. And fran's insistence that people vote doesn't sit right with me. I don't want to turbo. We've got people who've barely weighed in on this mess.

unvote

I'm aware there are shenanigans, and that's entirely my bad. Again, didn't want to psych myself out, & I ended up psyching everyone. But please understand I'm being honest. Myself, Blarg, & anyone Blarg may have saw that wasn't me (These were the "others" I was claiming might've been cleared by my actions; he couldn't have seen the arsonist or else he'd be doused & I'm sure he'd be clear if a large group targeted him last night since we can presume they're Scum) are all safe. Sadly, it seems the majority disagrees on us, which is... troubling.

Thoughts on Karkador being arsonist? Or anyone else I'm missing?

Again, between Fran being deliberately obtuse & Kark voting in a way that expedites Day's end, those 2 are prime scum/arsonist candidates. When I flip Cop, please focus on getting those 2 killed. And again, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that everyone voting for a revealed Cop is a candidate as well.

More like a self-asserted (to cover their ass) cop. Interesting that you'd frame it in such a way, though, not even entertaining the possibility of others doubting your trustworthiness.

Zubz

Banned
No voting is another way of scum to try to avoid making a statement. I want to know who are they thinking is scum. And I don't want them to come the next day and say that they didn't voted because a turbo was close or because they were busy or on mobile.

We don't need to have votes in for 20 hours. Are you that afraid of the Town Players playing the game we signed up for?

Zubz

Banned
More like a self-asserted (to cover their ass) cop. Interesting that you'd frame it in such a way, though, not even entertaining the possibility of others doubting your trustworthiness.

Quite the opposite, Kit. I don't expect others to believe me, especially when some are being this aggressive. But since we're dying & all by the next day, we'll at least provide the town players with an idea of who to look at.

Specifically, the Push Leaders.

Quite the opposite, Kit. I don't expect others to believe me, especially when some are being this aggressive. But since we're dying & all by the next day, we'll at least provide the town players with an idea of who to look at.

Specifically, the Push Leaders.

You don't expect the others to believe you, but you call yourself a "revealed cop" and attack those who do not believe you as if there's zero room for doubt. Do you not understand how contradictory these assertions are?

Zubz

Banned
Honestly, you really fucked this up if you are truly a cop, Zubz

like, big fuck-up's time

I know... I was hoping my plan would make me less of a target, but this escalated quickly.

It was fun until Fran started posting non-stop fallacies. Now I just feel awful for letting that happen to my own team. And I thought the reveal would clear things up, too...

Hopefully the consistency can convince people other than Kit, Fran, & Kark to change their mind. Because I'll confirm them again tonight, but I'm convinced they're threats.

Honestly, you really fucked this up if you are truly a cop, Zubz

like, big fuck-up's time

and a kewpie doll for the pup.

I'm aware there are shenanigans, and that's entirely my bad. Again, didn't want to psych myself out, & I ended up psyching everyone. But please understand I'm being honest. Myself, Blarg, & anyone Blarg may have saw that wasn't me (These were the "others" I was claiming might've been cleared by my actions; he couldn't have seen the arsonist or else he'd be doused & I'm sure he'd be clear if a large group targeted him last night since we can presume they're Scum) are all safe. Sadly, it seems the majority disagrees on us, which is... troubling.

Questions:
Why do you think Blarg is Night Watch?
What do you think he saw?
Why do you think he saw it?

I know you mentioned some of this earlier but frankly it wasn't super clear.

Hopefully the consistency can convince people other than Kit, Fran, & Kark to change their mind. Because I'll confirm them again tonight, but I'm convinced they're threats.

See, THIS is inconsistency. How are you going to confirm several and how again?

Fat4all

Banned
He's a magic cop.

he's a SPACE COP

XRM2krO.gif

Zubz

Banned
Care to elaborate this?

No, I don't care to share your entire post history in this thread. I've commented enough already,

You have not made 1 productive post this game; they've all been attacking me, & not even for the reasons that make sense.

I want to just ignore you going forward. I hope the rest of the Town does the same.

You don't expect the others to believe you, but you call yourself a "revealed cop" and attack those who do not believe you as if there's zero room for doubt. Do you not understand how contradictory these assertions are?

Not much of a contradiction, there, pal. I know people will doubt me until that flip, but it's understandable Scum will latch onto a revealed Cop because they know the Cop's not one of theirs. Whereas I'm just "reasonable" for others, I'm a prime candidate for you.

Can you stop mimicking Fran & stop pushing onto me specifically over minor details? If you're really Town, why not look for additional Scum? Or our arsonist? You can't get any more blood from this stone.

Not much of a contradiction, there, pal. I know people will doubt me until that flip, but it's understandable Scum will latch onto a revealed Cop because they know the Cop's not one of theirs. Whereas I'm just "reasonable" for others, I'm a prime candidate for you.

Buddy I don't think you're a cop. I think you're scum. You assert these things about me simply because I don't believe you, and act as if the only reasons to not believe you are "They know I'm not one of theirs". The only thing I've said is that I think you're scum. You haven't done a great job at convincing me or anyone else otherwise so far.

Zubz

Banned
Questions:
Why do you think Blarg is Night Watch?
What do you think he saw?
Why do you think he saw it?

I know you mentioned some of this earlier but frankly it wasn't super clear.

1.) I looked at Blarg & suddenly he trusted me the next day. I was told by a friend who's into forum mafia about Night Watch, & how they see everyone who targeted them a little while back, then did a Google search after Blarg suddenly declared we're lovers. I could be wrong, but it makes sense:

2.) I think he saw everyone who used a power on him. I can't get a good read on if he saw anyone else,

3.) It's per the Night Watch power. If he's not Night Watch, then I'm baffled.

Since this morning? Definitely. This is how I play when I'm not trying to forget I'm the most important power role, trying to deflect that, or being "protected" by an avatar of chaos.

franconp

You have not made 1 productive post this game; they've all been attacking me, & not even for the reasons that make sense.

I want to just ignore you going forward. I hope the rest of the Town does the same.

Maybe you missed this but:

Cewyn Has Died

You are a Two Shot Switcher. You are aligned with Scum.

At night you may switch two players. Any night abilities targeting player A will be redirected to player B. You may use this ability twice.

PM me the command Switch: [Player A], [Player B] during the night phase.

Additionally, you have a faction kill. PM me the command Kill: Player. Only one kill may be submitted, and you may not use the faction kill in addition to your role unless you are the last scum remaining.

You win when you control 50% of the vote.

The game thread can be found here

The scum chat can be found

Please reply or post in the thread to confirm.

I don't know what game are you playing but if we lynched scum Cewyn was because I pushed for it. So you saying that I haven't been productive is really weird.

Zubz

Banned
zubz i think you would have a better shot at today if you just stopped posting o(≧▽≦)o

I know, it's just... regardless of intent, Fran & Kit have successfully gotten under my skin with their logical fallacies & apparent ability to gain traction. I hate when poor arguments get support like that. I just lived through the 2016 election, after all.

I'll stop for now, but tomorrow's going to be a busy day at work; I don't know how much more I'll get in by 5 tomorrow so I have to make a stand now.

franconp

Since this morning? Definitely. This is how I play when I'm not trying to forget I'm the most important power role, trying to deflect that, or being "protected" by an avatar of chaos.

I hate to tell you but we have been playing this game for the last 5 days so it doesn't mean much when you have been consistant in the last 15-20 hours when you have been saying a lot of thing that doesn't add up for the last 100.

Not believing you isn't a logical fallacy last I checked. Also I find it interesting how Zubz is now painting me as a leader who's managed to lead the charge against him. I thought I was a bandwagoner, now I'm a leader? What? I'm hardly responsible for the feelings against Zubz.

Zubz

Banned
See, THIS is inconsistency. How are you going to confirm several and how again?

Poor choice of words... I'll use my powers again to confirm one.

That said, if Blarg is actually a bulletproof night watch & the Scum kills me/targets him tonight, they theoretically could all be confirmed at once...

Zubz is already setting us up as the fall men for his gambit. I would be highly suspicious of anyone trying to push votes along those lines tomorrow.

franconp

I'm pretty bored so let's do Zubz roleclaims, plans and machinations part 2: Now with more Blarg:

The last one was until post 967 so let's continue after it:

Blarg says that they are lover and both of them will day together (take notes on this, will be important later):

He dies and I die. Take your pick.

Blarg insist that they will die together:

I'll only say this once more; let Zubz and I go, or so star-cross me we'll only die for your regret(s)

Now Zubz says that they are not realy lovers. He is just a cop. He claims a weird gambit that doesn't make sense (forgetting you are the cop? WTF? How that does even work?). He says he decided to check Blarg (WOW!!! Amazing coincidence!!!! What's are the odds!!!!) and that he is cleared (note that he scum readed me day 1 and keeps saying that, but he still checked Blarg, his previously claimed lover). He does find weird that Blarg claimed lovers but he decided to back up that claim because he MAY have a really weird role (Night Watch is not a common role at all. I couldn't even find it at mafiascum):

Ugh, why did we get to this point?!

I'm the Cop, ok? I got spooked & superstitious after seeing I had such an important role, so my initial plan was to pretend I didn't even see my role to avoid psyching myself out as I am wont to do. That was the gambit; if I kept forgetting I was the Cop during the day, I wouldn't have to stress about it until the night.

So night comes, & who does my dumbass observe but Blarg. A lot of people discussed his alignment and how unreadable he is yesterday, so I observed him, cleared him as Town, & went on my way. Then when I check my phone the next morning, they're now claiming Lovers. With me. I was baffled & considered the possibility of a... Godfather? I'm used to Werewolf so I'm thinking Alpha Wolf. Either way, I thought of the Scum role where you don't read as Scum to the Seer/Cop. But then it hit me Blarg might be Night Watch, realized I saw him last night, & pulled the Lovers bit in an attempt to protect me. And hoping the town wouldn't see fit to risk killing 2 of their own like a bunch of chuckleheads, I rolled with it. And look where that got me.

I'm rarely the Cop, so this role intimidated me. I feel I never do it right, & clearly, I didn't do it here. It's way too early to claim but if you're about to kill me, I should at least clear the water. If we don't have a protector, I will die tonight. I will also look at one of the 4 I suspect are Scum (Launch, Fran, Kitsune, & Rac), since we know Kark is a horrible arsonist (& thus also a worthy pick). Regardless if I make it to tomorrow, sorry I bungled the role, but go after those 5 tomorrow. I'm keeping my vote on Fran but am willing to pick one of the other probable Scum or Kark.

[/I]Heck.[/I]

Blarg is as surprised of the reveal as the rest of us:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Here he explains why he didn't checked me and he did Blarg. Basically he went for someone hard to read (and who turns out being his watcher lover) instead of someone who he think is scum. He is sure that I'm scum, so sure that he won't use a shoot to prove it:

The 2nd biggest discussion point yesterday was "I can't read Blarg." Knowing Blarg is town clears that so we can have an easier discussion. But I tried crafting a way to get that out there without outing myself & couldn't. Then Blarg happened.

To be franc, I'm certain Fran's Scum because no player can be that obtuse. No powers necessary.

Wait, what was this again? I assure you the only team we share is Town, but I don't know what this "guts" thing is.

As I already linked Blarg and Zubz as partners during the first day (look at post 966) I asked for some explanation (just for the record I'm still waiting an answer to this):

Lol.

Did you missed the part where Blarg hinted your partnership day 1 (the guts thing, it was in the summary)?

Can we wait for a while before turboing Zubz? I want to read some more thoughts from Wee, Kark, Launch and CornBurrito.

Blarg claims that he is Bulletproof and says that both of them won't die at the same time:

Zubz, you don't mon ami~ me for a Gambit then royally flush the cred card I gave you down my own safehouse's toilet. That's called 'ton betrayal', "partner". The magic doesn't work if you professor exhibit it.

Well, at least one of us is Bulletproof

New deal, peasants; leave the both of us alone into the Night and see which one the yucky picks off by the Morning, understand? That's your pro-Town avenue now

Doctor, the vulnerability lies in my bartender/thief post.

Town, if one of us dies Today, say au revoir to two of your Investigative Roles. C'est tout une putain de blague, non?

Again with them not dying at the same time (the opposite of what they said less than 5 hours ago):

oh, I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm asking you to trust Zubz & Blargonaut, loose canon partners on the case. If Zubz dies Today, I die Tonight. If I die Today, Zubz dies Tonight. You want that, Launch?

Blarg says that both of them have investigative roles and they can target, so they basically both claim cop (the Night Watch thing that Zubz loves to keep saying? Blarg already said that it doesn't exist):

Zubz, who are you gonna Investigate Tonight? Let's get this clear so we don't accidentally look at the same player. Leave Karkador, franconp, Lone_Prodigy and hey_monkey out of your candidate pool, I'll deal.

Zubz keep saying that Blarg is a Bulletproof Night Watch (even when Blarg said another thing a couple of post before):

Night Watch being bulletproof sounds like a required secondary power, so they can survive a Scum attack with info. I thought you said you were experienced?

So much for not being 100%

Blarg, we aren't Lovers. Those were just sweet nothings.

I wanted to avoid discussion when it wasn't needed.

Can do.

Shouldn't we be fireproofing things? Because you're an arsonist?

I called on his bullshit again (Guess what? No answer about this again):

Lol. No, that's really overpowered. It's like claiming a bullerproofed weak cop.

Also Blarg already said that he can Target and it's not a passive ability:

Both of you needs to start talking in the scum chat to make your stories make sense together.

I'm sure Wee is pretty mad at both of you right now.

Melon also called Zubz out for not investigating his main scum suspect as any decent cop would do:

What discussion isn't needed?

Red-flagging scum is entirely your job as cop. You haven't really given a reason why you wouldn't have checked Fran on N1. You think Fran is scum 100%, if had you checked him and gotten a red flag, we'd be up two scum today.

Why are you holding back on your most likely suspect??

He says the same thing as before and goes after Kark (who it seems also didn't believe day 1 but he thought it wasn't a good investigation too):

I already explained this: Blarg's inability to be read was a discuss point yesterday. Now we shouldn't need it.

If you say so.

Vote: Karkador

Your only actions so far have been pushing No Kills, even on Day 2, or trying to go Turbo on me. You clearly want the days to end faster. And I'm willing to believe Isaac on being doused. I don't trust his eagerness to agree with Fran. But I trust that.

Zubz ask Monkey to protect Blarg so he can use his night action tonight (BUT if his night action is night watch, which should be a passive ability as he had described so far, how can Blarg use it. Hmmmmm.). He also said something about a revealed cop:

Well, looks like we're losing 2 power roles today...

Monkey, you're, like, the only active player I trust right now that isn't also Blarg. I wholeheartedly expect everyone else to get us both killed, especially Blarg. I implore you, please don't vote for him. If we can save Blarg today, maybe Blarg can use his night action. Because I'm willing to bet he's serious about the Night Watch being bulletproof.

Again, between Fran being deliberately obtuse & Kark voting in a way that expedites Day's end, those 2 are prime scum/arsonist candidates. When I flip Cop, please focus on getting those 2 killed. And again, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that everyone voting for a revealed Cop is a candidate as well.

This.... This..... This doesn't make any kind of sense. So, if Blarg knows who targeted him, how the hell knew that Zubz was town? He won't know their target aligment or role so he would have only know that a player targeted him, either town or scum. Does claiming lover and all the shenanings make sense with that role? He also talks about a large group but I don't understand that part (If Zubz or anyone else want to clarify that you are welcomed):

Is Zubz impling that ALL the scum team would target a single player at once? Does that even make sense in any way?:

Poor choice of words... I'll use my powers again to confirm one.

That said, if Blarg is actually a bulletproof night watch & the Scum kills me/targets him tonight, they theoretically could all be confirmed at once...

And now we can talk about consistence.

I also tried to look up Night Watch and came up with nothing, but I know there are varieties of Motion Detectors. But it's why I posted earlier that I don't believe that claim. As I recall, Blarg himself also didn't back it up - just said tied (and not at the same time) and bulletproof.

Wow, I don't even give a refuting shit. Our inconsistencies and Zubz' own bumbling build-up to this situation, amount to all signs pointing to us telling the truths about each other now. Yet you're still chasing our shadows to this situation's stupidest end. Fine, go shoot yourselves in both feet.

Fat4all

Banned
I also tried to look up Night Watch and came up with nothing, but I know there are varieties of Motion Detectors. But it's why I posted earlier that I don't believe that claim. As I recall, Blarg himself also didn't back it up - just said tied (and not at the same time) and bulletproof.

Yeah, I'm seeing like 4-5 variations on a Watcher, but not one that really fits what's happening here. Blarg would of had to target Zubz with whatever ability as well, and even then most watcher roles deprive certain information from the user.

franconp

No, no. Blarg claimed cop also. He said that they shouldn't investigate the same targets, it's up there.

So we have 2 players claiming cop. Usually that mean they discuss the claims and counterclaims because one of the 2 is lying. Here both seems pals (even lovers). It doesn't seem odd?

So wait, what's this Night Watch thing supposed to be?

Is it even really a thing?

Well, he could be a motion detector not restricted from self-targeting. I have been digging into weird roles and looking around at things because I'm considering research projects so I remembered seeing things about this in particular.

But it seems like an awful stretch for all those pieces to fall into place just so. For the targeting actions to happen, for all of it. And it still never really fell into place. Which is part of why it all seems off to me.

I dunno, I got time. I'm gonna chew on it.

Even if Zubz is a cop, he's been a pretty poor one. Just because you're one of the stronger town power roles doesn't mean you can go YOLO and play like scum, thinking you can lean on your claim to save you. It doesn't work that way.

Fat4all

Banned
Even if Zubz is a cop, he's been a pretty poor one. Just because you're one of the stronger town power roles doesn't mean you can go YOLO and play like scum, thinking you can lean on your claim to save you. It doesn't work that way.

It's like I said day one

Town can't be fully responsible for protecting town power roles, those with PR's have to be defensive of both town and scum, for the benefit of town as a whole.

Even if Zubz survives today, they are now scums #1 target.

Wow, I don't even give a refuting shit. Our inconsistencies and Zubz' own bumbling build-up to this situation, amount to all signs pointing to us telling the truths about each other now. Yet you're still chasing our shadows to this situation's stupidest end. Fine, go shoot yourselves in both feet.

Are you giving out more guns for the shootings of multiple people at one time?

I seriously can't keep up with the role claims you have made, and I don't know which ones you meant to be believed and which you didn't.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Neck, Rac, Fat and Melon haven't voted yet. You all should.

I nearly put a snide no lynch vote here, but I will bite my tongue. I'll not add that to the events of today. Instead,

Vote: Blargonaut

Sorry Blarg. I already flipped this coin, and Zubz' needs to live one more day. Kark won't get the needed momentum with this storm around the two of you.

How many people have just dropped out and aren't posting? Will I get tagged for that phrasing? Is there really an arsonist? Who are we even? Where are we? What is mafia?

Count the people who've promised reads, more posts, more analysis, or anything else and who haven't delivered.

How many people have just dropped out and aren't posting? Will I get tagged for that phrasing? Is there really an arsonist? Who are we even? Where are we? What is mafia?

Count the people who've promised reads, more posts, more analysis, or anything else and who haven't delivered.

I started but honestly there wasn't anything I felt like I could at. <_<;;

Top Bottom