• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

Why would the arsonist douse Kark? The person who was suspected to be the arsonist yesterday.
Nifty play if he isn't the arsonist, because he'd be forced to claim he's doused and we'll end up lynching one of them today.

Why is Karkador the suspected arsonist, aside from the no-lynch stuff, anyway?

Oh and also it means wee is the arsonist. Because I don't think the arsonist wet powers grow stronger every day.

Yeah, two people claiming doused, one of them is lying.

franconp

franconp I would be inclined to believe you but he states Zubz isn't bulletproof. If he left that out, I could see how we wanted to tell Zubz he knows Zubz is bulletproof but only x-shot.

"I am Bulletproof, but not x-shot."

vs.

"I am Bulletproof, Zubz isn't. It's not x-shot."

You can offer further reasoning why he would post the latter though.

And...

I guess I could see that happening. What do you think is scum's defense against the arsonist and bulletproof roles though? With two watchers, and a purported role cop, it's like scum minefield.

I'm just guessing. Maybe he was telling Zubz that he wasn't x-shot. Blarg will have the answer. But how the day went I'm leaning to believe him being a role cop (aligment pending). Also I don't want to lynch him now. We already lost too many roles already.

Regarding the second question: Monkey wasn't a watcher, she was a voyeur. She only knew who targeted another player but wouldn't know what it did so she couldn't clear another player. It could even be against town because she could have exposed townies roles. Zubz to use his role would have to be targeted and he wouldn't know what action was used on him (even if it was a NK) so he wasn't getting a lot of info (Maybe it could have been used to find the arsonist?). A role cop can know the roles a player have but wouldn't know their aligment depending on the information that he get.

Nifty play if he isn't the arsonist, because he'd be forced to claim he's doused and we'll end up lynching one of them today.

Why is Karkador the suspected arsonist, aside from the no-lynch stuff, anyway?

I thought he was neutral because of the No Lynch stuff and his lack of normal scum hunting. He isn't playing like his town self. He comments on almost nothing EXCEPT the arsonist, showing it's where his mind is at.

Spreading the No Lynch stuff to day two was especially egregious.

It made sense to me that he could be an/the arsonist, and as a doused person, I am motivated to kill the neutral.

I thought he was neutral because of the No Lynch stuff and his lack of normal scum hunting. He isn't playing like his town self. He comments on almost nothing EXCEPT the arsonist, showing it's where his mind is at.

Spreading the No Lynch stuff to day two was especially egregious.

It made sense to me that he could be an/the arsonist, and as a doused person, I am motivated to kill the neutral.
Alright. Poor choice of a word there on your last sentence but I'll roll with you.

VOTE: Karkador

I'm just guessing. Maybe he was telling Zubz that he wasn't x-shot. Blarg will have the answer. But how the day went I'm leaning to believe him being a role cop (aligment pending). Also I don't want to lynch him now. We already lost too many roles already.

Regarding the second question: Monkey wasn't a watcher, she was a voyeur. She only knew who targeted another player but wouldn't know what it did so she couldn't clear another player. It could even be against town because she could have exposed townies roles. Zubz to use his role would have to be targeted and he wouldn't know what action was used on him (even if it was a NK) so he wasn't getting a lot of info (Maybe it could have been used to find the arsonist?). A role cop can know the roles a player have but wouldn't know their aligment depending on the information that he get.
I guess even if he did turns out to be scum he's useful to us now because we can make him get roles for us. If one of them doesn't make sense in the context of the game, or proves wrong, let's lynch him.

As for hey_monkey, that is exactly what a Watcher does. She could've also helped us find out who the arsonist is. I think her role is plenty helpful, and would only lead us to eventually figuring out who's town or not.

Oh and also it means wee is the arsonist. Because I don't think the arsonist wet powers grow stronger every day.

Yeah, two people claiming doused, one of them is lying.

If that were true, you'd be in the best position to be the actual arsonist. Claim to be doused night 1, spray the multi-hit on night 2, escape suspicion because of course the first person isn't the problem.

And you thought of strengthening powers. Or just read your role PM.

*weird role speculation*

Is there a third person doused today?

If that were true, you'd be in the best position to be the actual arsonist. Claim to be doused night 1, spray the multi-hit on night 2, escape suspicion because of course the first person isn't the problem.

And you thought of strengthening powers. Or just read your role PM.

*weird role speculation*

Is there a third person doused today?
I actually agree with you. But I'm not the arsonist. Also, I was waiting for someone to bring that possibility but no one did, which means tough luck for the arsonist, they just accepted that I moved forward with revealing I was doused and they didn't bring the possibility I might be the arsonist because they are the arsonist.

Okay, I agree with Wee's points about Krak. A plausible way to cause confusion as an Arsonist is to claim you were doused as well and cause strife between you & the person who was actually doused. A transparent gambit.

Also, shit. Sorry Zubz. We all fucked up there. And we all had our reasons.

Anyway.

vote: Karkador

He knew his time was coming and in a last ditch effort tried to claim being doused in order to cause some level of reasonable doubt as to his true role. Too little too late.

Monkey's read list:
Possible scum list:
melonrabbit
CornBurrito
kitsunelaine
LaunchpadMcQ

Lower possible scum:
Lone_Prodigy
Kalor
weemadarthur
Zubz

Candidates for neutral:
Zubz
Blarg
Fat4All
Kark

Null due to several possibilities:
franconp
isaacnukem
rac?

People who aren’t pinging my scum radar at this time:
Dusk Soldier
NeckToChicken
acohrs

Fran is null? One of the most active here?

uCPUZYw.gif

Karkador

Banned
I'm going to post some things about this arsonist deal, which I've kind of sat in confusion about today.

First, though, let me just say - if Blarg is an investigator of any type, let's see the receipts.

Karkador

Banned
Alright, a word about the arsonist situation:

This is really going to come down to one thing - does the role flip indicate if a player was doused?

If it doesn't, then I don't think anything but the arsonist torching us to death could really serve as a confirmation.

FROM THE RECENT DEMISE OF hey_monkey BY WHICH THE MORE SUBSTANTIAL SHARE OF THIS GAME'S PRESENCE OF OBSERVANT MIND WAS JUST [MAFIA] LOST TO US, IT SEEMS TO ME A QUITE INORDINATE AMOUNT OF OBSERVATIONAL-TYPE ROLES BE WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THIS DANGER ROOM

[SCUM] SWITCHER --SABOTAGES POWER TARGETING
[TOWN] SLEEPWALKER --SELF-SABOTAGES POWER TARGETING
[TOWN] WATCHMAN --NOTICES VISITOR(S) OF HIMSELF
[TOWN] POWER COP --IDENTIFIES POWER(S)
[TOWN] WATCHER --SEES WHOEVER VISITS SOMEONE

THEN WE HAVE THIS ASSHOLE (THE ROLE, NOT THE PLAYER. WHOEVER YOU ARE I LOVE PEOPLE. ASSROLE?):

[NTRL?] ARSENIST? --DOUSES OTHERS BEFORE SIMULTANEOUSLY FIRING THEM, WITH isaacnukem CLAIMING DOUSED ON D1, THEN weemadarthur AND Karkador CLAIMING SHAT ON D2

ALL SIGNS POINT TO NO [SCUM] ROLEBLOCKER (OR ELSE I WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN MY FRANCONP RESULT LAST NIGHT) AND NO [SCUM] STRONG (OR ELSE I'D BE SURELY AND REGARDLESSLY DEAD BY LAST NIGHT) OR ELSE MY DOCTOR GENERALLY PRACTICES; BUT SINCE IT WAS hey_monkey WHO DIED LAST NIGHT AND NOT ME AND IT'S HIGHLY DOUBTFUL THERE'S ANOTHER KILLING ROLE WHO ATTACKED HER WHILE SCUM TARGETED ME OR VICE VERSA, THE CONCLUSION IS THAT SCUM AVOIDED ME AND ATTACKED SOMEONE ELSE (NAMELY, hey_monkey) BECAUSE OF THE IMPLIED THREAT OF MY FANTASTIC HEALTHCARE COVERAGE

HOWEVER, I MIGHT BE WRONG ABOUT NO [SCUM] ROLEBLOCKER SEEING AS LAST NIGHT, SCUM MIGHT'VE GAMBLED WITH THEIR ROLEBLOCKER'S TARGET BY CHOOSING TO NOT BLOCK ME FROM MY INVESTIGATION TO INSTEAD FAVOUR ATTEMPTING TO BLOCK THEIR HIGHEST-LEVEL DOCTOR SUSPECT IN THE HOPES OF MAKING ME AS WEAK AS THEY ARE.

BUT THIS WHOLE SCENARIO TOO, IS HIGHLY DOUBTFUL, SIMPLY BECAUSE hey_monkey's DEMISE INDICATES MY AFOREMENTIONED CONCLUSION TO BE THE MOST LIKELY OF LAST NIGHT'S EVENT(S).

So, now we have 2 more doused?

This can be easy. Why don't both of you post the PM you received (not actual quote, but close to it) so issac can confirm who really is the one burned between both of you?

The other one has some explaining to do.

AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN

franconp

franconp is Vanilla.

gotta dig up, friend

Yep, that's true.

Alright, a word about the arsonist situation:

This is really going to come down to one thing - does the role flip indicate if a player was doused?

If it doesn't, then I don't think anything but the arsonist torching us to death could really serve as a confirmation.

Usually it doesn't as the only info that the flip gives is the role PM.

Arsonist. The longer they are alive the more chances the game could end prematurely. Also, we have a nice lead now, two claims of being doused in a single day.

We also have the chance of the arsonist hitting scum (if he is neutral).

acohrs

2 douses in a night if both claims are true, zubz not a liar, and hey_monkey gone, a bad night for town...

Going back to the zubz/blarg thing, that blarg got the exact role title right only confirms that they have a role-cop role. Doesn't necessarily confirm they're town though...

However, that zubz flipped townie, makes me nervous that going after blarg is just following the same faulty logic, so going to park that idea for now.

Going back to the claims, think Kark is lying about being doused. Wee brought it up first and Kark seemed to claim following on from there. Is kark trying to save himself by faking a dousing claim? Looks that way, happy to join this wagon to get kark's flip and see if they're the arsonist.

vote: karkador

acohrs

Possible scum list:
melonrabbit
CornBurrito
kitsunelaine
LaunchpadMcQ

Lower possible scum:
Lone_Prodigy
Kalor
weemadarthur
Zubz

Candidates for neutral:
Zubz
Blarg
Fat4All
Kark

Null due to several possibilities:
franconp
isaacnukem
rac?

People who aren’t pinging my scum radar at this time:
Dusk Soldier
NeckToChicken
acohrs

This was a D1 reads list, wasn't it? Guessing that as Monkey still has zubz and blarg down as neutrals, whereas her actions yesterday seem to show that she moved away from that kind of thinking

Yep, that's true.

*snip*

What about the part where I possibly suspect you of being a Mafia-aligned Ordinary Goon?

What do you think of my Power; would you think the Mafia's Factional-kill counts as a supposed-to-be-Powerless "Vanilla" individual's Power to my Power-sight?

I know you couldn't possibly answer this useless question, which is why I'm asking uselessly

franconp

What about the part where I possibly suspect you of being a Mafia-aligned Ordinary Goon?

What do you think of my Power; would you think the Mafia's Factional-kill counts as a supposed-to-be-Powerless "Vanilla" individual's Power to my Power-sight?

I know you couldn't possibly answer this useless question, which is why I'm asking uselessly

Wouldn't an Vanilla mafia be a goon? That's not usually the name of the role?

Take not viewers, this is why you don't lie as town. Or at least don't lie, lie, lie, then tell the truth.

What do we think about Blarg? Blarg claimed cop, but was spared during the night in favor of a seemingly random kill. Blarg did try to save Zubz but he did it in a way that... didn't actually have a high chance of saving Zubz. But it also made Blarg himself a target.
Think he is definitely a role cop. I noticed he was the first to use the term night Watchman, which if he was lying he could have gone with a much more familiar sounding role like doctor etc...

Think he is definitely a role cop. I noticed he was the first to use the term night Watchman, which if he was lying he could have gone with a much more familiar sounding role like doctor etc...

So see... role cop isn't necessarily a town role.

Part of me worries that Blarg's defense of Zubz was purposefully shit so that we'd lynch Zubz, prove Blarg not a liar in the end, and then lead us to trust Blarg.

But that whole gambit yesterday could have easily lead to a Blarg lynch instead, and why would scum do such a gambit with already being one member down.

I'm inclined to believe Blarg is town, but I'm uneasy.

Top Bottom