• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

I don't think it's a misrepresentation? Of this quote series? I realize you weren't speaking directly to me, but uh....you are speaking to the game.

I didn't say I was playing badly nor that I have had multiple instances of playing badly; I admitted to making a mistake then and that's it.

The first instance was this:

I still say Achoo is scum, btw. I just...happen to not want to die, so, I'm voting for Kark. But I am happy to see Achoo or Launchpad go. Launchpad with his "let's kill the cop to punish bad play" attitude. Achoo who barely shows up although he normally has a lot to say.

which I did not say and was based on me having incorrect information, even though I believe a few posts above I had pointed out as such. You stuck to that anyway.

Here are my posts prior to this ridiculous assertion on your part:

Ok, thank you.

I'm willing to move off Blarg for today, then. I apologize for missing that.

I don't have anything, I'm just spitballing. And especially in light of this...

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Through his tunnelling, I felt franconp was ultimately responsible for the loss of Zubz, so I personally had to be sure of what he was. And now I know.

Yes, it took this long for someone to ask this of me. +5 Townie points to melonrabbit

I agree Fran tunneled on Zubz for two days--not necessarily without reason. Zubz did his best but that failed gambit or four were difficult to bounce back from and win back trust.

Kind of surprised how quickly everyone is over the events of yesterday. Or that no one asked you. Like at all.

Why are you feeling a aco vote, Kark?

Find me that gif of MGS3 Snake, the roleclaiming one

g97zqKf.gif

I didn't say I was playing badly nor that I have had multiple instances of playing badly; I admitted to making a mistake then and that's it.

The first instance was this:

which I did not say and was based on me having incorrect information, even though I believe a few posts above I had pointed out as such. You stuck to that anyway.

Here are my posts prior to this ridiculous assertion on your part:

I recognize that you walked back your attitude toward Blarg, I just had the opinion that it took excessive bludgeoning. It read to me like you were hoping some misinformation would slip past the game as a whole, and only gave it up when multiple people were noticing the proofs given.

Karkador

Banned
I found the GIF on google but it's apparently 404ing. I also got it wrong, it's apparently either Peace Walker Snake or Ground Zeroes Snake.

Karkador

Banned
I was also wondering if maybe the arsonist would chime in, since they obviously know any douse claim would be wrong, and I think that's acohrs.

If it's not that, then he's teamed with weemad and confirmed the douse that way.

Karkador

Banned
You couldn't of said this back when you were over 50% towards being turbo'd?

5 votes out of 9 wasn't close enough, not when TURBOs are mostly frowned upon so early.
The other thing is that I got the feeling the vote would stall, because weemad hasn't challenged my counterclaim much.

Consider that if weemad is telling the truth, she should be like "fine bring it on, I know for a FACT you're lying". That hasn't been the case. She has stayed on me to not rock the boat, but keeps entertaining the idea of voting for other players. This should be a slam dunk for her.

Meanwhile, acohrs is dogging me as if he KNOWS for sure that I'm lying - and he was right, but how does he know? Is he actually the arsonist, or is he in cahoots with weemad?

I don't know if acohrs sticks out as the arsonist. He could just be the most active person pushing you.

Wee has been pushing him all game, but it doesn't tell us much.

*cutscene*

The way he's handled Arsonist discussion, the way he's handled disputing weemad's Doused claim; all of it just screams to me MASOCHIST KARKADOR. He wants everything you're giving him because his Role loves it. Am I inclined to believe he's Neutral? I'd say equal odds he's either Neutral or Vanilla (in which case, he's doing this for post-claim schadenfreude), with the big money pool on real Town PR. IMO, he's too cool to be scum.

*cutscene*

OmGnqJq.gif

Karkador

Banned
Mmm, masochist karkador.

If I have to get lynched to establish some facts, that's fine.....but I take it the arsonist clock is ticking, and I'm not it.

The real substance I'm trying to find here is in the possibility that mafia got doused, and how much chase they're gonna give to find them. I find that weemad is chasing more than isaac.

I agree Fran tunneled on Zubz for two days--not necessarily without reason. Zubz did his best but that failed gambit or four were difficult to bounce back from and win back trust.

Kind of surprised how quickly everyone is over the events of yesterday. Or that no one asked you. Like at all.

Why are you feeling a aco vote, Kark?

2360qN9.png

Consider that if weemad is telling the truth, she should be like "fine bring it on, I know for a FACT you're lying". That hasn't been the case. She has stayed on me to not rock the boat, but keeps entertaining the idea of voting for other players. This should be a slam dunk for her.

I never bluffed, so i don't know what you mean by calling it. I said I was doused to finish the conclusion that the game does have an arsonist. You thought I was being vague; that wasn't my intention. It sounded perfectly obvious in my head. But you asked if I was claiming to be doused, and I confirmed it, because that was my intent. THEN you decided to counterclaim fakely. It would only be a bluff if you counterclaimed ahead of my being clearer, so you could see whether I'd commit THEN. As is, the play makes no sense.

I said straight out that I didn't believe you had been doused.
But I didn't know for a fact you were lying; I haven't read the arsonist role card. I took a moment for weird role speculation, determined it to be unlikely, and concluded you must be lying. Do you know what the PM DIDN'T say? It DIDN'T say 'you're the only person who got doused tonight.'

Kark's play never made much sense for a mafia. He has wanted to keep people from dying, delay looking for the arsonist, and more delay looking for the arsonist. If he is the arsonist, this play makes perfect sense. If not, he's role playing one and I can't figure out why.

acohrs

To the six voting Kark: are you voting Kark because you believe him being the arsonist or because you believe he is scum?

Honestly, first vote was to put pressure on him as the arsonist.

Second vote though is because I leanscum on them. Lied about the no-lynch, the dousing, and I'm going to go out and say they're lying about being ordinary town.

Kalor

I initially voted Kark because I thought he was the arsonist but I'm not sure what to make of his recent statements. I doubted his doused claim when he made it but the fact that his previous actions would go towards helping the arsonist still make me lean towards him. The arsonist would want a no lynch on D1 and D2 for two key reasons. More potential suspects for them to blend into and it lowers the risk of their doused target being lynched.

I don't know if he could be scum. Cewyn called him strong town twice so it's a matter of deciding if they wanted to try to push their teammate into a good position early on. He also has nothing to gain from doing all this from a scum perspective.

Outside of the arsonist, I could see Dusk or Corn being scum. No-one really sticks out when I look through the thread.

franconp

Honestly, first vote was to put pressure on him as the arsonist.

Second vote though is because I leanscum on them. Lied about the no-lynch, the dousing, and I'm going to go out and say they're lying about being ordinary town.

It obvious that you don't believe he is ordinary town if you are scum reading him.

When did he lied about the no-lynch?

Better question: How could he lied about the no-lynch?

franconp

I initially voted Kark because I thought he was the arsonist but I'm not sure what to make of his recent statements. I doubted his doused claim when he made it but the fact that his previous actions would go towards helping the arsonist still make me lean towards him. The arsonist would want a no lynch on D1 and D2 for two key reasons. More potential suspects for them to blend into and it lowers the risk of their doused target being lynched.

I don't know if he could be scum. Cewyn called him strong town twice so it's a matter of deciding if they wanted to try to push their teammate into a good position early on. He also has nothing to gain from doing all this from a scum perspective.

Outside of the arsonist, I could see Dusk or Corn being scum. No-one really sticks out when I look through the thread.

So you are voting him because you think he is the arsonist?

Btw, What do you think about Launch's vote day 1?

Top Bottom