• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Comic-Con Sneak Peek

Fair enough, but that begs the question: What would be good speculation?

How does that really beg the question though.

"Good" speculation would be speculation based on something somewhat plausible/possible based on things we know about both the story, and the production, and the history of the series (and its production) up to this point.

Speculation based on "I thought of a cool thing and I think it'd be cool" that ignores almost everything else in the above paragraph isn't probably very good speculation, because there's no support for it other than "I want it because I think it's cool."

I mean, whether it's cool or not, it doesn't make any real sense past that superficial allure.

BadAss2961

Fair enough, but that begs the question: What would be good speculation? The trailers don't give us much to work with, so what is there to speculate about that we have any kind of solid grounding on?
That Whedon is haphazardly redoing the movie from scratch in only months time from release.

Veelk

Banned
How does that really beg the question though.

"Good" speculation would be speculation based on something somewhat plausible/possible based on things we know about both the story, and the production, and the history of the series (and its production) up to this point.

Speculation based on "I thought of a cool thing and I think it'd be cool" that ignores almost everything else in the above paragraph isn't probably very good speculation, because there's no support for it other than "I want it because I think it's cool."

I mean, whether it's cool or not, it doesn't make any real sense past that superficial allure.

I don't disagree with any of that.

It's just that we don't have much we know about the story, little we can draw from production with certainty, and the only thing we can draw from the history of either is usually negative stuff.

My point is that we don't have much foundation for good speculation. So "I want it because I think it's cool" is all we got.

Whedon isn't "haphazardly" redoing the whole movie, and even if he was, the idea that he wedged in a scene of Supergirl that was shot during the original production timeframe in the first place (look at Affleck there - that's not from the first round of reshoots, based on the look of him) doesn't really track. Plus, if that is, as I'm guessing, shot before (or even just around the same time as) Whedon came onboard, then again: There's no way WB doesn't promote (or that a trade doesn't leak) the casting of Supergirl. Or that her film gets announced and placed in a slot. I'm not seeing that happening.

Besides which - again, most people are pitching this Supergirl spec based on a holographic calf. Most people probably couldn't consistently pick the gender of a human being based on nothing but a shot of a calf if you were looking directly at a calf in real life. Calves aren't inherently male or female.

(Plus, again - imagine Snyder approving a Supergirl design where she's wearing pants)

My point is that we don't have much foundation for good speculation. So "I want it because I think it's cool" is all we got.

There's way more foundation for good spec than "I want it because I think it's cool" - that's not at all "all we got" man!

Slaythe

That Whedon is haphazardly redoing the movie from scratch in only months time from release.

You can literally turn a movie around completely in the post prod stage though. Editing alone can make or break it. And that's not bringing in reshoots, rewrites, redubs, different CGI etc...

Not saying he will change it all but he could, if he wanted to, alter things significantly.

From this footage you could argue that maybe Alfred is talking to Flash at the end. Flash isn't shown going down the elevator, and they still have to explain him disappearing to go back in time to warn Bruce.

It's Flash or Superman. Probably Superman.

That's because the shot is being cropped to fit on a narrow phone screen. The Flash is in that elevator shot, we've seen it before.

BadAss2961

Whedon isn't "haphazardly" redoing the whole movie, and even if he was, the idea that he wedged in a scene of Supergirl that was shot during the original production timeframe in the first place (look at Affleck there - that's not from the first round of reshoots, based on the look of him) doesn't really track. Plus, if that is, as I'm guessing, shot before (or even just around the same time as) Whedon came onboard, then again: There's no way WB doesn't promote (or that a trade doesn't leak) the casting of Supergirl. Or that her film gets announced and placed in a slot. I'm not seeing that happening.
Post was pure sarcasm.

I am worried about him injecting too much of his brand of tension-breaking quips though.

AlStrong

Yeah, I mean.. Y'all watched that scene recently? Dude doesn't just make a sexist comment, he sexually harasses the waitress, and arguably sexually assaults that woman by grabbing her ass, and then grabbing her wrist as she attempts to pull away, stopping her from being able to do so. He seems like a pretty vile dude.

At some point we'll find out in a long flashback that the trucker was not only employed by Lexcorp, but after that incident he moved to an oil rig (formerly owned by Harry S. Stamper, bought out by Wayne Enterprises after the asteroid incident in the 90s where Harry & friends went up in space to destroy an asteroid that turns out to be a large chunk of Krypton's remains, which explains the scene where Steve Buscemi's character examines a piece of rock he couldn't identify i.e. Kryptonite, and then we also find out that Bruce Wayne had posed as an oil rigger (A.J.) for some time during his own time away from society pre-Batman (and that's why he bought out the oil rig as Wayne, obviously). Anyways, it then turns out that the former trucker was responsible for the oil rig explosion (which Clark tried to save) because most of the experienced riggers died on the Armageddon mission, which again only happened because Krypton exploded due to Kryptonian hubris.

Clearly.

Nah man, hologram is going to be a memory of:

LEGO-11.gif

Bleepey

Except he did not "kicked the shit out of him". The guy broke his hand hitting him.

Yeah and threw him across a diner,ruined people's meals, destroyed a pinball machine and knocked him out. If it makes you feel better I used kicked the shit out of him figuratively not literally in the same way someone says someone got their ass kicked doesn't mean someone necessarily literally put foot to buttocks.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
From this footage you could argue that maybe Alfred is talking to Flash at the end. Flash isn't shown going down the elevator, and they still have to explain him disappearing to go back in time to warn Bruce.

It's Flash or Superman. Probably Superman.

Flash going back in time to warn Bruce is going to be after Darkseid has shown up and the Omega Code is in effect with evil Supes.

I'm guessing that is several movies away. And/or won't ever happen now.

G-Fex

Defending/pitying the sexual harasser in MoS? Classic gaffers.

I suppose then Superigrl went too far throwing around those guys in Supergirl. That is if anyone remembers that movie.

I don't give two shits about that assholes truck being destroyed, but everytime I see that scene I ask myself how the heck he did that and apparently in total silence aswell.

3YSdn.jpg

Veelk

Banned
I don't give two shits about that assholes truck being destroyed, but everytime I see that scene I ask myself how the heck he did that and apparently in total silence aswell.

3YSdn.jpg

Yeah, even with super strength, just...mechanically, how did this happen. Did he stick those trees there and then pierce the truck from above? Or what?

Edit: I do have to renege on one detail. I thought they were telephone poles, but they're just cut trees instead. He still cost someone some money, but it wasn't the city.

a916

3YSdn.jpg

Duhhh, he threw the truck into the air, and threw the poles at it while it was airborne... caught it in the air and then gently dropped it.

"No Kryptonian"

singular.

(of course anyone who wants to believe there's a Supergirl in this would then say "but the swerve is that he said there wasn't one kryptonian, and then TWO show up, hah!")

(also if there was actually a Supergirl in the movie there is zero chance WB wouldn't have already a) announced her casting and b) put her film on the docket so everyone can see there's a Supergirl film coming)

Damnit Bobby, that's the only thing that has me clinging for the hope that that is why they haven't announced MOS2... because they are waiting for JL to drop before they drop a Superman 2 date... (I'm specifically talking about Superman here, not Supergirl... and that I hope that's why WB didn't plot a MOS2 sequel yet)

Top Bottom