• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
thanks face

ibbzrwGHtrl9Vr.gif

Selane

Hot Summer isn't a bad song, though I probably like it the least out of all their singles. I do appreciate that they tried to do something different with Victoria's hair, though.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
lol what the hell.. this might be the worst article yet

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/08/hwayoung-leaves-a-secret-message-for-fans-on-twitter

In response to the recent controversy with T-ara, Hwayoung left a message to fans on Twitter.

The former T-ara member’s post thanked her fans for their concern and asked them to discontinue their protests. She also asked for forgiveness for her actions and promised to return with an improved image.

Though the unexpected apology and request for ceasefire was surprising, there is rumored to be an alleged hidden message in Hwayoung’s post.

Fans all over the world have started to point out that if the first letters of each line of the message are read vertically, the message “Only fans know” can be seen
. Because of this alleged secret message, some are saying that Hwayoung may not truly be apologizing for her actions.

Fans commented on the fact that Hwayoung did not insert a space between her words purposefully, and these speculations have spread like wild fire across the internet.

However, it’s important to note that depending on the type of browser used, the words may not align at all.

What do you think? Did Hwayoung mean to spell out “Only fans know” as a way of showing her true thoughts? Or are fans reacting to a coincidence?

20120801_hwayoung_tara.jpg

wwlnd

Banned
·feist·;40496407 said:
I disagree. I think you (one) do a disservice to idols when you don't acknowledge their accomplishments. Apart from the obvious, there's little between Boa and Madonna. No, most idols aren't remotely close to Boa's "level," but people let the stringent, manufactured nature of most modern K-Pop cloud their ability to notice the actual talent present. You also underestimate the number of fans who aren't solely focused on things like looks, and charm.
It seems to be common for kpop followers to have a very small number (often only one) of favourite idols that they really admire/find intriguing/whatever. There's only one person itt that comes to mind that would have Boa among these favourites. Just look at the thread, how often are Boa pics posted?

edit: the above is a bit unclear, sorry. here is an actual argument: since we're talking about admiration, it seems fitting to focus on the above mentioned favourites, and if you look at the posts itt it's obvious that work/achievements aren't very important.

Even then, though - you're right. It seems like boot camp, with a) no privacy from other members b) no privacy from the company c) no privacy whatsoever from the public. And high expectations, all the time, for everything.

I thought this is common knowledge. It is a music industry, and in Korea the word "Industry" really reflects that. Musicians are employees.

Salazar

I thought this is common knowledge. It is a music industry, and in Korea the word "Industry" really reflects that. Musicians are employees.

Common knowledge, yeah, but the highly formalised social hierarchy stuff doesn't stop seeming peculiar just because you get familiar with it.

Seems like appearing in dramas is kind of a tipping point for already overworked idols*.

*It seems plausible to say that T-ara were getting through an absolute goddamn ton of work.

*It seems plausible to say that T-ara were getting through an absolute goddamn ton of work.

No doubt all the groups are working way too much, everything for profit! Wasn't there a video of T-Ara members saying "Thanks" with all members falling asleep from being tired?

DXPett1

T-ara have been promoting so much more than other groups.

Probably because we are all used to it but Soshi are still one of the biggest workers/promoters.

Late last year - new Korean Album
Earlier this year - new Sub Unit
Weeks ago - new Japanese Single
Later this year - new Japanese Album

All while this is happening they seem to have an endless stream of CFs, radio, tv, variety show appearences let alone concerts and performances across the globe

I don't envy their schedule (or any idols for that matter)

Peru

Jessica had like a full month where she didn't do anything, though. Japanese promotions for SNSD don't amount to too much either.

spink

Probably because we are all used to it but Soshi are still one of the biggest workers/promoters.

Late last year - new Korean Album
Earlier this year - new Sub Unit
Weeks ago - new Japanese Single
Later this year - new Japanese Album

All while this is happening they seem to have an endless stream of CFs, radio, tv, variety show appearences let alone concerts and performances across the globe

I don't envy their schedule (or any idols for that matter)

KKS works them like dogs
http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/t-aras-jiyeon-visits-home-for-the-first-time-in-four-years

ryan-ts

They sang Bing Bing for us....

"thank you, i love you"

I like how they completely forgot about the other girl.

"We are Crayon Pop! pop pop pop"

dokish

Banned
Good news K-GAF:

- I have successfully filled my US Visa application. Hopefully I will attend K-Shows in early 2013 or even maybe Fall 2012 (don't know if I'll have the money).
- I contacted an exchange students agency and they registered me in their records. So, as soon as any korean students wanna go here, they will call me. Currently there are no japanese or korean students wanting to go to Brazil (shocking) :(
- I will soon begin a korean class with a private teacher. He isn't asian or anything. We'll see how things go.

EDIT: Even if doesn't happen any shows in the fall/early 2013, I intend to pay US my first visit. I was thinking about Seattle. Big fan of Nirvana lol, and the weather of the city, so I thought if I wanna finally meet the US, this should be a great place. Is too far from NY? I gotta go there too!

Anyone can inform me about K-groups performing in the US for the next months? Or those shows are announced like, only 2 months before it happen?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Good news K-GAF:

- I have successfully filled my US Visa application. Hopefully I will attend K-Shows in early 2013 or even maybe Fall 2012 (don't know if I'll have the money).
- I contacted an exchange students agency and they registered me in their records. So, as soon as any korean students wanna go here, they will call me. Currently there are no japanese or korean students wanting to go to Brazil (shocking) :(
- I will soon begin a korean class with a private teacher. He isn't asian or anything. We'll see how things go.

EDIT: Even if doesn't happen any shows in the fall/early 2013, I intend to pay US my first visit. I was thinking about Seattle. Big fan of Nirvana lol, and the weather of the city, so I thought if I wanna finally meet the US, this should be a great place. Is too far from NY? I gotta go there too!

Anyone can inform me about K-groups performing in the US for the next months? Or those shows are announced like, only 2 months before it happen?
The only group that I know of are 2NE1 (Aug 24) and Big Bang (November 3)

Seattle and New York are on opposite sides of the US. Seattle is directly north or California.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Has Neon Bunny been hanging out with Capsule? Her production style developed so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom