• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Loci

I guess due to the internet it's rather common to like different genres. There's just too much good music available.
For me it's mostly Electronic. DnB, House, Trance, Minimal. But also Rock, HipHop, some Jazz some Classical.
Also, Shin02 x Nujabes, sooogood

Plus there's almost no German music, considering the size of Germany it's kinda ridiculous. The German charts are basically a joke. There are like 5 German acts tops. Remaining artists are the current popular internet stars and/or a 1:1 copy of the American charts. Must be nice to have a domestic music culture.

tumblr_mttjy5Ooa31qkljdfo1_1280.jpg

Loci

^ The
Mirror
is slightly leaning forward.

tumblr_mk2od7E2kF1qdehbio3_250.gif

Also, there are some pearls in your list <3
Blue Moon, EH and also JQT. Loved those songs.

Eldren

:( No idea, sorry. I use Chrome Version 29.0.1547.76 m and although the thread wigged out briefly yesterday by not displaying the page properly, the pictures were still there (might have been a connection issue on my end).

Couple of Sera scans from it
BVO2UtHCIAAt_qH.jpg

--------

Oh, sorry if that came across like I was accusing you of something! I just used your post as an example because it was on the same page. I have the same version of Chrome so now I'm very confused.

However, I did just notice now that I've quoted your post that the url for those Sera scans has pbs.twimg.com in it. which I think I've seen before on pics taken from Twitter; I've tried posting those here and for some reason they don't like the tags. I use Tweetdeck rather than vanilla Twitter so maybe it's to do with that? I'll need to do more digging.

[quote="llehuty, post: 83938483"]I'm the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjovLrnvVo"]only one[/URL] that [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGc4IDrmXA8"]just listens[/URL] k-pop?[/QUOTE]

I listen to k-pop every morning on the bus to work. Either my SNSD playlist which is about 50 songs, or my random k-pop playlist which I think is at about 55 now. Lately I've been making sure the last song I listen to before I get to work is Figaro by 9Muses; it puts a bounce in my step as I walk into the building. It probably does nothing but I always feel like it gives me the energy I need in the morning.

Aside from k-pop, I mostly listen to metal. Death, thrash, progressive, technical, whatever. Black Dahlia Murder is probably my favourite band these days, along with Sylosis (a local band so not very well-known outside of the UK, although they are touring the US at the moment (except they were in a bus crash which is awful)) and Opeth. My knowledge of popular music is extremely limited. I couldn't tell you who is in the charts these days.

The way I see it, if a song is catchy or interesting in some way, I'll listen to it. As for that rap/country/classical thing, I don't think I've ever listened to country; pretty sure I've never seen/heard it on tv/radio and I've never felt compelled to seek any out. Rap's cool, and I listened to a lot of classical when I was writing my dissertation at uni. I couldn't name my favourite symphony though, I used to just put on Spotify playlists and listen to those. I do like Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu actually.

-----

Anyway, [URL="http://www.justin.tv/taetae8939#/w/6982868560/2"]Seohyun's drama is on[/URL] if anyone's interested. She's only been in a little bit so far but she looks gorgeous.

[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/d79d30794dbc5bda26b9e7c4a2f31626/tumblr_mtrw97cu0d1roxmg4o1_250.gif

luso

Alt disappeared again but he was interested on SNSD's HK concert, so:

A second day for Girls’ Generation’s “2013 Girls’ Generation’s World Tour – Girls & Peace” tour stop in Hong Kong has been added after tickets for the first day quickly sold out. The second concert will be held on Sunday, November 10th. Public ticket sales for the second concert date will begin on October 3rd. More information can be found on AsiaWorld-Expo’s official website.

Source, with some more information.

Taeyeon said:
I took this picture too. Maknae is doing a love scene in Passionate Love. So pretty, well done! #PassionateLove

Eldren

Shit, roasone beat me to it.

Queen Hyo utterly slaying, as expected. Just...ugh, so good. Those moves, that body, the hair, the smile, just perfection.

Also, this is a slightly better video. It's not 720p but it doesn't freeze in the middle.

Can't believe MNet goofed on the sound though. Hyo's first big solo(ish) moment in ages and they drop the sound.

tumblr_mtugt6TUg31qf021po1_500.gif

tumblr_mtugt6TUg31qf021po2_500.gif

tumblr_mtugt6TUg31qf021po3_500.gif

tumblr_mtugt6TUg31qf021po4_500.gif

Eldren

Here's a (perhaps stupid) question: how do you post tweets on here? Like where you can actually see the tweet without having to click on a link? I feel like it'd be useful to know for future reference.

In the meantime, our Lord and Saviour, Dani, has appeared on Twitter. What even happened with that whole T-ara mess? She's with F-ve Dolls now, right? Or was that Areum? Honestly don't even know any more.

Pendulum

Here's a (perhaps stupid) question: how do you post tweets on here? Like where you can actually see the tweet without having to click on a link? I feel like it'd be useful to know for future reference.

Got an example? I would think most people would either just copy the text or paste a screenshot.

In the meantime, our Lord and Saviour, Dani, has appeared on Twitter. What even happened with that whole T-ara mess? She's with F-ve Dolls now, right? Or was that Areum? Honestly don't even know any more.

CCM said (threatened) that she'd join T-ara this year in a comeback, but since there's no sign of her in the Mongolia teaser shots for this next comeback, odds are looking good. I hope management has actually taken notice of fans decrying the addition. She's since been introduced as "T-ara N4's Dani" (although N4 hasn't performed since Areum left) and she appeared in F-ve Dolls recent song. Can never know what's in KKS' mind, but I have a feeling he's trying to get exposure for her whilst trying to figure out what the hell to do and how much shit will blow up if she joins the proper T-ara roster.

------

Edit: Have some Girl's Day fancams (130927 Cheongwon Festival):
Sojin - Don't Forget Me
Yura - Expectation
Yura - Female President

Eldren

Got an example? I would think most people would either just copy the text or paste a screenshot.

Honestly, that's kind of what I expected, the screenshot thing. I was just hoping there might be a more elegant way of doing it. Good to know I'm not just being an idiot for not knowing the trick to embedding tweets.

CCM said (threatened) that she'd join T-ara this year in a comeback, but since there's no sign of her in the Mongolia teaser shots for this next comeback, odds are looking good. I hope management has actually taken notice of fans decrying the addition. She's since been introduced as "T-ara N4's Dani" (although N4 hasn't performed since Areum left) and she appeared in F-ve Dolls recent song. Can never know what's in KKS' mind, but I have a feeling he's trying to get exposure for her whilst trying to figure out what the hell to do and how much shit will blow up if she joins the proper T-ara roster.

Jeez, that Dani situation is a mess. KKS needs to stop trying to make T-ara ft Dani happen and accept that that little pet project is a terrible idea. If he really wants to do something with her, I guess F-ve Dolls isn't too bad of a plan. She still gets to perform but KKS avoids the wrath of angered fans.

tumblr_mtukzsIYLn1rn8lhxo6_250.gif
tumblr_mtujzpcjIR1qakapqo4_250.gif

People on Tumblr insist on making gifs small enough to fit into 2x6 or 2x8 grids, I hate it. Do it like Fiddl please. If only he liked Hyo...

vanty

Honestly, that's kind of what I expected, the screenshot thing. I was just hoping there might be a more elegant way of doing it. Good to know I'm not just being an idiot for not knowing the trick to embedding tweets.
A few months back (maybe when the redesign first went up?) you could embed tweets on GAF. Within a day it was removed though so there's no way to do it now.

Eldren

I'm glad he sometimes posts some 9Muses

Yeah me too. That gif is...hypnotic. Bless the Dolls choreography.

I find it kind of funny how often he posts idols from groups that aren't really discussed very here, from what I can tell. Secret are talked about occasionally, but Sistar and Dal Shabet are a bit more rare. And I don't think I've ever seen anything about Bestie here but thanks to Fiddl I sure do know a lot about that one member
's posterior.

ib2gGnxPTkEESI.gif

Top Bottom