• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct: ORCHID reveal stream + Spinal (Jan) + Fulgore (March)

I haven't kept up with this, but do the 360 madcatz sticks work on the xbone? I'm assuming a hell no, but figured I'd ask

Oh, and I couldn't agree more as far as customization. Huge turn off

Honestly as much as I enjoy having customization I agree, let me turn it off because the things you see online really are garbage 90% of the time.

I love the fact it actually tells you what you did wrong, too. This should really be a standard feature for... any tutorial really, but it rarely ever occurs.

Feedback and re-iteration are things that most training modes lack, but this seems to take them, and run with them. It should really help those who want to learn, and talk about what they learn, have a much easier time doing it.

The guys on the stream were really excited about the training mode so I guess it's pretty groundbreaking. I like the feature where you can record yourself doing a combo or any move as your opponent and then switch back to your character and practice defending yourself against it. Maybe there will be some feature where you can download combos and patterns other players have recorded and practice your defense against those.

The guys on the stream were really excited about the training mode so I guess it's pretty groundbreaking. I like the feature where you can record yourself doing a combo or any move as your opponent and then switch back to your character and practice defending yourself against it. Maybe there will be some feature where you can download combos and patterns other players have recorded and practice your defense against those.

Excellent idea to an excellent feature. It would be cool to have an online "fileshare" service to show your combos and create ghosts for playback practice.

So we are down to these four OG characters:

150px-Cinder11.jpg

150px-Combo.gif

150px-Riptor-original.jpg

150px-Fulgoreki2.jpg

Huh, arent there more characters?

I was just thinking, what could they do with Cinder that'll add something new to the cast. And I thought of Air Dashing/Flight. It fits perfectly with his character.

What do you guys think?

I can see him gaining all his moves back but the fireball/flame thrower move. With some new things added into the mix.

Edit: Oops. Sorry on the double post.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah now think of Cinder's body if they had an extra year of experience with this tech.

I'd rather have Fulgore or Riptor right now for that reason alone.

I dunno who I'd rather see with more technical knowhow; Cinder is of course living flames, but I'd want fulgore to be the best robotic fighter this side of Huitzl from Darkstalkers, full of mechanical, detailed parts that shift and transform if needed.

I haven't kept up with this, but do the 360 madcatz sticks work on the xbone? I'm assuming a hell no, but figured I'd ask

While it was said some worked on the XB1 tours, most agree it's something that's just for devkits, and won't be available for launch units. So yeah, the "hell no", unfortunately. (...I'm still gonna try.)

Just know; most fighters let you record actions, and then play them back to fight against. It's just kinda hidden half the time.

DLing play and such is a great idea, I like it more than any Kinect features people call for (Kinect taunts! Map your face onto the character!). It'd be a useful resource.

now I know what orchid reminds me of.

Leona Heidern.

Course I like Leona better

Plus+
leonaexn.jpg

Tracy's theme (Tosh II, though I rather like III's as well) is still one of my favorite FG tracks (¬_¬ )

.la1n

I was just thinking, what could they do with Cinder that'll add something new to the cast. And I thought of Air Dashing/Flight. It fits perfectly with his character.

What do you guys think?

I can see him gaining all his moves back but the fireball/flame thrower move. With some new things added into the mix.

Smart. Air Dash Cinder would be pretty unique and fits the character. I'm still not convinced the final symbol points to Fulgore or Cinder in particular, hell it could even be Riptor (genetic splicing.)

Smart. Air Dash Cinder would be pretty unique and fits the character. I'm still not convinced the final symbol points to Fulgore or Cinder in particular, hell it could even be Riptor (genetic splicing.)

I'm really thinking that he would be that character, since they to be giving everyone something unique.

Honestly, I would love to see Riptor in before because I want to see all the details within his skin. That, and if that one concept of him plays out. He'll really freakin' great. ^^

Then as stated above, to see Cinder with months more of experience on tech.

What do you guys think?

Well i hope he plays similar to the original KI cinder. He was fun and unique to use.

They said he won't be.

But I'm sure he'll end up as paid DLC (or free) if the game does well. I'm buying the year of gold anyways so it doesnt matter to me lol.

Eh, if only it was available on Amazon in digital form especially since they have a promotion going on that gives you a free $$20.

I'll decide before launch if I care about Shadow Jago enough to get that instead.

Just thought I would say that I played this game (the thunder version) at a private xb1 event in berlin the other day... and it was pretty god like.

Not getting an xb1... but this game is just killer awesome.

My girlffriend and I played it for an hour. So much depth and just bad ass-ness in the game.

Mdk7

Got some free time today and started to work on Thunder for my KI piece (see page 2 of this thread).
I'm quite happy with the result, please note that the hair and the feathers are still missing (so it's like 70% complete).

Enjoy!

Schermata2013-11-02a151640_zpsed796dcd.png

Boogybro

Got some free time today and started to work on Thunder for my KI piece (see page 2 of this thread).
I'm quite happy with the result, please note that the hair and the feathers are still missing (so it's like 70% complete).

Enjoy!

That should be Neogafs new logo.

El Sabroso

Enjoy!

great work on the KillerGaf, really want to see when you complete this one

derFeef

I know Minus is only up to 15 mb. I wish I knew of others that do higher (especially without needing account creation).

Flickr ususually allows for 50mb but it does not seem to work, I am trying the desktop uploader right now - but I have a slow connection :)

great work Mdk7!

edit: yay works!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Awesome Art btw Mdk7, and thanks for more gifs, derFeef!

When I played KI on the SNES I always called Cinder "Cheeto Man". I will be very upset if he doesn't look like cheetos.

Every character will have a classic costume available as DLC / included with the Ultra edition, so even if he doesn't look like that by default, you should still be able to get your wish! :)

I still think his "drowning man" voice is one of the goofiest things I've ever heard in a game (actually reminds me of something out of Bleach anime, come to think of it...). I wonder how they'll work with that... I actually look forward to seeing how his VA work turns out.

Raitaro

Ken is a huge Riptor fan so I think if there is a season 2 we will see the character back which is great because how often do we get dinosaur fighting game characters.

I was just about to write how it would be very typical - knowing my luck - that the one character I would have chosen above all, Riptor, would probably be the only original cast member not be included in Season 1 or 2...

...until I read this. Thank you for giving me a ray of hope my friend! We need more dinosaur(-like) characters!

Troll

Banned
Spinal is someone that I would main. I think that I might main Sadira or Thunder now. They seem pretty powerful. I'll definitely play around with Glacius and see if I can understand him. I don't think that I'll get the $40 version, since I can unlock stuff just by playing.

derFeef

Spinal is someone that I would main. I think that I might main Sadira or Thunder now. They seem pretty powerful. I'll definitely play around with Glacius and see if I can understand him. I don't think that I'll get the $40 version, since I can unlock stuff just by playing.

From what I played I can#t tell yet. Sabrewulf is totally easy to pick up and mash some combos out, Glacious seems pretty great too with the pokes and he just looks badass. Spinal was the guy I played all the time at my friends house back then, cause hell, he's a skeleton. Really curious how he plays.

From what I played I can#t tell yet. Sabrewulf is totally easy to pick up and mash some combos out, Glacious seems pretty great too with the pokes and he just looks badass. Spinal was the guy I played all the time at my friends house back then, cause hell, he's a skeleton. Really curious how he plays.

I hope they keep his teleport and turning to his opponent while doing combos. It was also cool that when you have his shield up and someone throws a projectile you can keep it as one skull to throw. It was also part of his ultra.

derFeef

I will always misspell Glacius, can't help it :p
And yeah, I want his teleport back for sure, it's one thing we have not seen yet.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I need the Ultra Edition for KI1 and the classic costumes. AFAIK the only things you can unlock by just playing the game are 2 of the 3 character accessory packs.

Mdk7

I was just about to write how it would be very typical - knowing my luck - that the one character I would have chosen above all, Riptor, would probably be the only original cast member not be included in Season 1 or 2...

...until I read this. Thank you for giving me a ray of hope my friend! We need more dinosaur(-like) characters!

As i wrote a couple of times, Riptors is 100% gonna be there: at E3 i was confirmed there would be "a dinousaur creature" by one of the devs, specifically a guy that modeled props.
He didn't know about the original KI, he didn't know who Riptor was, yet he told me that a dinosaur is surely in the roster.

Frankly, i was surprised (s)he's not in the first season.

LTWheels

As i wrote a couple of times, Riptors is 100% gonna be there: at E3 i was confirmed there would be "a dinousaur creature" by one of the devs, specifically a guy that modeled props.
He didn't know about the original KI, he didn't know who Riptor was, yet he told me that a dinosaur is surely in the roster.

Frankly, i was surprised (s)he's not in the first season.

I wouldn't be surprised that some characters that will be in season 2 are already modeled. Makes sense for the modellers and artists to have started to make them now instead of being paid to twiddle their thumbs until production of season 2 properly starts.

Also there is always the possibility of situations were a character was originally made for season 1 but for some reason or another pushed back (eg issues with gameplay, design etc to solve later)

TigerKnee

Large gifs incoming.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/10634560243_a491a21b5d_o.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3672/10634722324_2a34a89f98_o.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2838/10634855666_52c8b299b0_o.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

/antonio

Top Bottom