• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 Announced - Rash from Battletoads available today!

After that free Gears games thread I've realised people will complain about anything.

Rash is gonna fit fine in KI. We have a mummy, ice alien, fire man, wolf man etc etc.

Why not a cheesy 90s toad?

PSqueak

Banned
After that free Gears games thread I've realised people will complain about anything.

Rash is gonna fit fine in KI. We have a mummy, ice alien, fire man, wolf man etc etc.

Why not a cheesy 90s toad?

Season 2 was movie monsters, no? maybe S3 will go multidimensional beings? It would be the perfect angle to include more cameo characters hah.

The only thing that hurts me about the announcement is waiting for PC release since im a stubborn man who will not forgive MS for trying scummy shit with the Xbone.

vg260

Yeah, Rash feels out of place next to spooky ghost girls and fire-breathing raptors.

#keepKIpure

Well, you could generalize anything in that way if you step back far enough. I think it's much more nuanced than that when you've built a lore or universe in which your creations exist. I don't think it's fair to dismiss the critiques with such a broad brush

By the same token, you could dismiss all complaints against Jar Jar in Star Wars by saying he fits in perfectly in Star Wars, a movie with space monsters, a tiny mind control creature, and a growling fur creature. You can make anything fit in when you describe them in those terms. That's not necessarily the case though when considering what's been established.

Another example is SF4. There's some really bizarre character stuff, but even within that universe there are some assumed limits. Something like Seth sucking enemies into his chest and spitting them out, may make you go, ok, maybe that's a bit much and feels out of place.

Season 2 was movie monsters, no? maybe S3 will go multidimensional beings? It would be the perfect angle to include more cameo characters hah.

The only thing that hurts me about the announcement is waiting for PC release since im a stubborn man who will not forgive MS for trying scummy shit with the Xbone.
All companies are scum that want your money.

You're missing out. KI is easily my most played game this gen.

jbug617

Banned
via twitter

CLljO6cWEAE_cpw.png

DarkCloud

HA! I called it back when they announced KI. I knew they'd go the guest character route for Season 2 or 3. I hope they go all out with this cause if they only bring back Kim Wu and Tusk we have 6 slots for them to have fun with.

Joanna Dark
Rash
A Grizzly wearing shorts and a backpack
A character from Halo
A Locust from Gears
Ryu (lol)

Dinjoralo

If the Killer Instinct PC release is in March 2016, that'd mean it's going to be coming out really close to Street Fighter V. I don't know if I'm going to have the time to get gud at both KI and SFV.

Sydle

I think the thing is, Eyedol is silly but was supposed to be played straight as a final boss (Tho his ending in the original KI was straight up parody of Blanka's, likely cause he was a secret character), so its like Eyedol, design wise, was supposed to be something you take seriously but ended up looking very silly.

Rash is straight up silly with the intention of being silly since inception and they're just having fun with it, Eyedol would need heavy retooling so it doesnt look silly, cause he isn't supposed to.

That's a good perspective. Thanks.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They didn't say if there would be another way? Don't feel like uninstalling and reinstalling

It starts rolling out and eventually the patch becomes mandatory

Uninstall and reinstall gives you the most current version

So just have to wait and eventually you'll be forced

It's odd that their official FAQ about this, linked earlier in a Twitter post and also directly within the game itself, gives a "404 File Not Found" error.

I can dig it, maybe add Joanna dark. Conker would be worse, but I wouldn't mind.

After that I don't think any more Rare characters would fit.

I think conker would be stupid honestly.

Rash works, at the most a Halo character could work too. Although if we eventually get a season 4 we could be looking at more guests

Sydle

I think conker would be stupid honestly.

Rash works, at the most a Halo character could work too. Although if we eventually get a season 4 we could be looking at more guests

I still like the idea of a Mortal Kombat cross over for one of the seasons, or maybe it's a special add-on as a mode with its own story. We already have Kan-Ra opening up portals to other worlds, so it's not that much of a stretch that he opens up one or more of the realms in Mortal Kombat.

Top Bottom