• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 launches on Xbox One and Windows 10 March 29th

hwalker84

Only 8 characters and 4 stages...

I sure hope they plan on charging less money for this season.

I'm pretty sure the poll they did awhile ago for a new Shadow character was for a 9th character. The stage thing is highly disappointing. Must be the trade off for making a PC version simultaneously.

Phyla

PC requirements /recommendations and what not:
require_ki41koe.png

Neat. All other W10 titles have insane system requirements.

Jawmuncher

So they are going to announce 4 other character's this month? Since Arbiter, Tusk, Rash, and Kim Wu are all they have shown so far. Since they wanted to get away from releasing other characters later right?

The Flash

Banned
So they are going to announce 4 other character's this month? Since Arbiter, Tusk, Rash, and Kim Wu are all they have shown so far. Since they wanted to get away from releasing other characters later right?

They'll probably peddle them out like they did last season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

They have said updates will be further apart but characters will come in bunches

So it seems we get 4 this month, 2 in may and 2 in july... possibly

The stages news is pretty disappointing. Hopefully it's offset by a lower price.

Arbiter looks great, they fixed the sword too. Not seeing Frankie's reasoning on this being a combination of multiple Arbiters, seeing as he recounts the flood and truth and looks exactly like him.

The face on Tusk and Kim need some work. But the rest of Tusk looked pretty great.

Aesthet1c

Sweet! We finally have a date. I've been wanting to play this ever since it was announced but I don't have an Xbox One.

Is there like an in game currency to unlock characters or costumes if I don't buy them all up front?

Salty Hippo

My god dude, Tusk looks like a generic Mace the Dark Age character or some shit. That is a terrible design with some terrible animation. What the fuck is going on?

Scotia

Banned
My god dude, Tusk looks like a generic Mace the Dark Age character or some shit. That is a terrible design with some terrible animation. What the fuck is going on?

Yeah they've really ruined him. There was nothing wrong with this:

latest

So why butcher the character?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Tusk seems to have moves that have guard or parry built into them, and he has a pouncing weapon stab to grounded opponents... seems like we did get a few solid nods to Weaponlord in there with him, coolness.

As far as his music, yeah, didn't notice it much either. WIll wait until hearing it in person, in game, to actually judge it, though.

As far as his design... not like he doesn't have a Retro, or like he was a standout bastion of Uniqueness before. He's plain enough here so that a few shifted colors and such should look nice on him. And his whole commentary about how everyone dies, save for him makes me wonder if we have some kind of Highlander immortality going on here...

Arbiter looks great, they fixed the sword too. Not seeing Frankie's reasoning on this being a combination of multiple Arbiters, seeing as he recounts the flood and truth and looks exactly like him.

It's a justification for all the different armors, and for making him potentially say or do things THE Arbiter might not. If he gets a story mode / endings of some type, or they want him to act in a different way, being "an amalgamation" gives them more creative freedom.

hwalker84

Sweet! We finally have a date. I've been wanting to play this ever since it was announced but I don't have an Xbox One.

Is there like an in game currency to unlock characters or costumes if I don't buy them all up front?

Base game is free with a rotating character.

After that the game is purchased in seasons. Season 1 and Season 2 base were $20 each.

Ultra Edition Season 1 and Season 2 added KI 1 and 2 plus Classic costumes. These are items exclusive to the Ultra Editions with no way to unlock them.

Yeah they've really ruined him. There was nothing wrong with this:

latest

So why butcher the character?

He will get a retro more similar to that. IG releases two models for each character. New updated model, and then the retro model for users like yourself.

Kiyo

So this is cross-buy right? If I already have seasons 1 and 2 on Xbox and just buy season 3 there, I can play it on PC?

shaowebb

Someday I'll have to get an X1 for this game. It looks so fun. I laughed my ass off at Rash's "Hello my baby, Hello my Honey, Hello my ragtime gaaaaal" Looney tunes frog dance combo XD

bman94

Please note how you only need babby's first computer to play this game.

My laptop would probably fry if I tried to play this.

Either way I was pleasantly surprised when I play Killer Instinct for the first time this year when I got season 1 for free with Gold and then bought Season 2 for $10 right afterwards. Will definitely be picking this up in the future.

VariantX

I'm pretty sure the poll they did awhile ago for a new Shadow character was for a 9th character. The stage thing is highly disappointing. Must be the trade off for making a PC version simultaneously.

Its because they have a new lighting engine and redid the lighting for all the S1-2 stages.

Top Bottom