• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 launches on Xbox One and Windows 10 March 29th

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There's reflections and what not, which you can see in the teaser. Wait until the direct feed stuff comes It'll be just as good as the other stages.

I'm really interested in knowing what explodes, get's destroyed, etc. in his stage once you perform an Ultra.

I believe the boat catches fire

ArjanN

Well... guys with facial hair are like... the definition of manly, especially for games. The Jean-ish shorts are pretty eh, yeah, but the fact they're ripped (as if he's actually lived through stuff) is pretty nice.

Lets hope he gets really Cro-Magnon in his Barbarian retro. The only things he wears are things he's killed... that should help there.

I'm asssuming the jorts are for his John Cena alt skin :p

Dinjoralo

Kinda weird how there was so little footage and media coming out of the event that came from PC stuff.

I mean, do we have any confirmed PC media yet?

No, we don't! And that's after this version was confirmed nine months ago, which makes me frustrated!!

They did talk about the PC version a tiny bit on the stream, but I could barely hear them because their mics were terrible. They did mention that the PC version has graphics settings that can make it run on low-end machines around here, so that's something.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm asssuming the jorts are for his John Cena alt skin :p

XOtEVl.jpg
Still totally want him to get a Cloud Alt while we're at it, heh.

daman824

I bet they'll throw in a ninth bonus character. Maybe do another community fund as well.
They pretty much confirmed both of these things.

Adam polled people on what shadow character they want next.

And they also said they were planning on another community fund where people could vote on more stages, characters, or features.

The Flash

Banned
They pretty much confirmed both of these things.

Adam polled people on what shadow character they want next.

And they also said they were planning on another community fund where people could vote on more stages, characters, or features.

When was this?

Kinda weird how there was so little footage and media coming out of the event that came from PC stuff.

I mean, do we have any confirmed PC media yet?

For this game? Not that I know of.

In general, there's the Forza Apex trailer, and a few screenshots for QB, but... you're right, it is kinda thin on the ground.

But then like 80% of the PC talk I've seen has been about the windows store and UWAs in general rather than about the games, so maybe I'm just not looking in the right direction :p

Murdamonk

wondering if i can stream it to the Nvidia Shield TV...Then hookup my TES+ to it...

I don't know if that would work (probably will have input lag).

I really don't know what to buy, guys. Like other users, I only have season 1 thanks to GwG and there are so many versions available I'm lost. Season 3 is so, so tempting...

I really don't know what to buy, guys. Like other users, I only have season 1 thanks to GwG and there are so many versions available I'm lost. Season 3 is so, so tempting...

Okay, so, it's like this:

Each season comes in 2 basic versions. Just... the season, and the Ultra edition. The Ultra edition comes with all the costume doodads and also KI 1 and KI 2 for S1 and S2, respectively.

If you already have S1, you have all the S1 characters. If you want S2 characters, you can either buy the season or pick them up individually.

Okay, so, it's like this:

Each season comes in 2 basic versions. Just... the season, and the Ultra edition. The Ultra edition comes with all the costume doodads and also KI 1 and KI 2 for S1 and S2, respectively.

If you already have S1, you have all the S1 characters. If you want S2 characters, you can either buy the season or pick them up individually.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

daman824

When was this?
http://m.windowscentral.com/killer-instinct-season-3-details-windows-10-version

"Retro stages are possible, perhaps as part of the tournament community fund - but their development is expensive"

And then this straight from Adams Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/ishmae1/status/683688840943423488

I could have sworn he posted or retweeted a photoshopped "shadow maya" picture on his Twitter. But I'd have to go pretty far back to find it. Seems like he said he'd like to do a shadow orchid, maya, or Kim wu in an interview as well.

Looks like that was in the CrazyLCD interview.

The first community fund was really successful. I don't see them passing up the opportunity to do another one with a bigger scope

The Flash

Banned
The first community fund was really successful. I don't see them passing up the opportunity to do another one

Yeah I think it'd be silly if they didn't do another one. The success of the last one proved that the community is willing to invest in the game. Why not take advantage of that again, you know?

shoreu

http://m.windowscentral.com/killer-instinct-season-3-details-windows-10-version

"Retro stages are possible, perhaps as part of the tournament community fund - but their development is expensive"

And then this straight from Adams Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/ishmae1/status/683688840943423488

I could have sworn he posted or retweeted a photoshopped "shadow maya" picture on his Twitter. But I'd have to go pretty far back to find it. Seems like he said he'd like to do a shadow orchid, maya, or Kim wu in an interview as well.

Looks like that was in the CrazyLCD interview.

The first community fund was really successful. I don't see them passing up the opportunity to do another one with a bigger scope

Shadow SabreWulf completely consumed by the dark magic and his Animal instinct he's fallen to the darkness.

Time to do the free W10 upgrade, I really really hope the Win10 version is better with patch sizes. I dont want to download 50GB every 6months

So, as we already know for quite a while through the character silhouettes, Eyedol and Gargos are pretty much confirmed. Pretty much for Shadow Orchid and that leaves that new character with a bow. 9th character might indeed be a pleasant surprise.

Also, for the PC version, every news outlet's headline is in the vein of "KI season 3 coming X1 & PC on Mar. 29th". Do we have official confirmation that the PC version is launching with all the 3 seasons on the WIN10 store or just Season 3, like all news media claim and more importantly, like FM6 Apex? This is MSFT we're talking about and all info are pretty clear about S3. It's weird because there's no info on pricing to even narrow down on this or any info of S1+2 on PC.

The Flash

Banned
So, as we already know for quite a while through the character silhouettes, Eyedol and Gargos are pretty much confirmed. Pretty much for Shadow Orchid and that leaves that new character with a bow. 9th character might indeed be a pleasant surprise.

Also, for the PC version, every news outlet's headline is in the vein of "KI season 3 coming X1 & PC on Mar. 29th". Do we have official confirmation that the PC version is launching with all the 3 seasons on the WIN10 store or just Season 3, like all news media claim and more importantly, like FM6 Apex? This is MSFT we're talking about and all info are pretty clear about S3. It's weird because there's no info on pricing to even narrow down on this or any info of S1+2 on PC.

The entirety of Killer Instinct will be on PC. It's been that way since it was first announced.

The entirety of Killer Instinct will be on PC. It's been that way since it was first announced.

Yeah, I get the crossbuy/crosssave/crossplay announcement last year and it does make sense. Just a little bit weird that there's no mention of S1/2 anywhere for PC.

Also, what happens to folks who got S1 for free during the GWG promo and doesn't renew their LIVE subs? Do they get their S1 locked out and have to buy it in order to continue using it on PC, as everyone gets to "own" the game license only for X360 GWG, and not X1?

The Flash

Banned
Also, what happens to folks who got S1 for free during the GWG promo and doesn't renew their LIVE subs? Do they get their S1 locked out and have to buy it in order to continue using it on PC, as everyone gets to "own" the game license only for X360 GWG, and not X1?

Not sure about that yet. I'll make sure to get clarification on this for the OT.

Zedox

Yeah, I get the crossbuy/crosssave/crossplay announcement last year and it does make sense. Just a little bit weird that there's no mention of S1/2 anywhere for PC.

You wouldn't be "locked out" as the game is free to play...you would just revert to playing with the rotating character/costumes. That would be the only thing you would be locked out of. You would "own" the game but you wouldn't "own" the content that was given to you in the promo.

So what is this going to cost? Also, the ultra-combo link says I can play on both platforms using Live. Does this mean I need to pay for online play?

Top Bottom