• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 launches on Xbox One and Windows 10 March 29th

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Thanks for linking this. So he DOES have a lot of Weaponlord inspiration in him.

Deflects all throughout his Medium and Heavy Specials moves.
A leaping ground stab that looks just like Korr's.
And he can chain together specials via instinct (though these don't lead to killing blows like they would in WL.)
You could even consider the stagger mechanic from his blows to be like the double over in WL.

The fact he;s an immortal Barbarian, and "The same Tusk", I really hope this Retro has less-smarterer speek. His modern look talks as if he's actually been around modern civilization.

He's not a character I cared much about in the classic KI2 (always preferred Kim in that case), but his mechanics are pretty interesting here. Being able to guard while attacking is very Maxima-like, so I'm much more drawn to trying him out than I would have been a straight carry-over from old.

Xav

Thanks for ruining Tusk.

D7cfdZB.gif

Hopefully his retro costume will fair better.

VariantX

Glad my 6870 can run this though I fully expect to have run this at 720p due to only having 1 gig of vram. Got more than enough system memory and 2500k still runs most everything decently.

Sydle

Tusk is HUGE. I don't like those deflects!

All I have is Season 1 from when I had a Xbox One at launch. Does Shago come in either season 2 or 3?

No, he's sold separately on limited-time terms. He was last on sale in January, so it may be a while before you can purchase him again.

Femto.

Thanks for the response guys. Never had the skin so I'll have to wait for the next time he's up for sale.

The specs posted on the first page say that a 670 is under recommended but the site says 480 lol error on their end or was it edited?

Edit: I'm on mobile so idk of it's an issue with the mobile version of the site.

dankir

Yeah I just finished watching one of his gameplay videos. Dude's insane.

The size, the deflect mechanic, the damage, love it love it love it.

They did a great job, everybody complaining that he's not 100% like KI2 get over it. None of the characters are 100% like their KI / KI2 counterparts and look at how the game turned out.

His Retro will obviously be his KI2 outfit!

DrDogg

Now that I've seen Tusk in full it hurts to say that I'm not a fan of his redesign. I would've perferred a standard barbarian. His retro will have to do. His voice isn't great as well. Presentation wise I'm just not a fan.

I like how huge he is though.

Pretty much this. Not a fan of the new look at all. Definitely not manly enough. Need that retro stat.

dankir

Pretty much this. Not a fan of the new look at all. Definitely not manly enough. Need that retro stat.

Not manly enough? Dude is almost as big as Glacius, his tattoo is on fire causing smoke and he has a massive sword, what else do you need?

Come on GAF.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Well... guys with facial hair are like... the definition of manly, especially for games. The Jean-ish shorts are pretty eh, yeah, but the fact they're ripped (as if he's actually lived through stuff) is pretty nice.

Lets hope he gets really Cro-Magnon in his Barbarian retro. The only things he wears are things he's killed... that should help there.

Seik

Banned
I'm really hyped for that, though Tusk's model look like it's been taken straight out of Skyrim. :lol

The effect for the fur on his costume is real ugly too.

The ripped jeans feel out of place with the rest of his costume/character as well. I guess he's more 'hip' now.

DrDogg

Not manly enough? Dude is almost as big as Glacius, his tattoo is on fire causing smoke and he has a massive sword, what else do you need?

Come on GAF.

KI2 Tusk was manly. Size and a tattoo don't make this guy manly. Is the tattoo smoking or is that from his sword?

As long as his retro is on point, I'm fine with whatever they want to do to his updated model.

Oh wow... I didn't even notice the music. That can't be final...

The Tusk theme from KI2 was one of the best themes in the series. I'll be super disappointed if this is the final theme for Tusk.

Amedo310

Tusk looks cool. Can I assume that the more he use lava moves, the more his attacks gain power?

It is strange for there not to be a trailer for him.

I really don't like how Tusk is posed. He only shows his back at us, we don't even see his face! I think it's a major contribution of him feeling off and stiff.

Sponge

Banned
Tusk's face looks a bit rough right now but I remember how rough their characters looked before and they polish them overtime. Really like everything I've seen!

btags

I guess I don't really see how Tusk's character model looks bad (or looks like it comes out of skyrim). He looks pretty good for what he is, a sword wielding human. I think all of the cool designs in the new KI have been from the monster type characters, but that is simply because monsters can look cooler and more unique than humans. Additionally, all of the human faces have looked pretty plain/not that detailed, but I don't think it has really stood in the way of the models looking great.

And watching some gameplay. I am loving the effects for Tusk and the Arbiter, especially the shield stuff for Arbiter.

TheYanger

I don't really have a problem with his new design, but his face is ugly as fuck, just like Kim Wu. THAT I have a problem with.

He looks fun as hell though.

Yukinari

To think that Double Helix is wasting their talent working on android games now and that Mick Gordon will never give us amazing music anymore. It just blows.

Scotia

Banned
To think that Double Helix is wasting their talent working on android games now and that Mick Gordon will never give us amazing music anymore. It just blows.

I would have loved to see what their redesigns for the S2 and S3 characters would have been. DH's redesigns and backstories were at least faithful to the original designs, but IG's redesigns and backstories are so drastic that in some cases the characters they've changed might as well be different people.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
3 things that suck:

1) I have to wait almost a god damned month for this
2) My Surface Pro 4 probably can't run it
3) Discount for S1&2 owners doesn't seem like it's going to happen

Edzi

Excited to finally play this game on PC, but I can't figure out how to make an xbox account through PC. Is making a microsoft account through their store the same thing? Will my user name be my gamertag in game?

El Sabroso

Excited to finally play this game on PC, but I can't figure out how to make an xbox account through PC. Is making a microsoft account through their store the same thing? Will my user name be my gamertag in game?

sign in that account on xbox.com and it has to prompt you to create your GT and agree to Xbox Live terms of use

Warxard

Banned

The Mick Gordon thing is simply a time constraint. Since KI, he's been doing bigger projects with Bethesda's titles like Wolfenstein, and now DOOM.

I do wish DH would work on another fighting game though. Hell, I'd like to see them turn another awful western fighting game into something fantastic. Like Eternal Champions.

I would have loved to see what their redesigns for the S2 and S3 characters would have been. DH's redesigns and backstories were at least faithful to the original designs, but IG's redesigns and backstories are so drastic that in some cases the characters they've changed might as well be different people.

They've only redesigned what, six characters? Maya's great, Riptor's great, and Kim Wu's great. Combo and Cinder are definitely divisive (Don't mind Combo's, and I like Cinder's.) and...yeah Tusk is rough (but it's an early build y'know.)

I never would've guessed that

NEO0MJ

3 things that suck:

1) I have to wait almost a god damned month for this
2) My Surface Pro 4 probably can't run it
3) Discount for S1&2 owners doesn't seem like it's going to happen

Yeah, no way will a surface pro run it. It doesn't even have a dedicated GPU, right?

The Mick Gordon thing is simply a time constraint. Since KI, he's been doing bigger projects with Bethesda's titles like Wolfenstein, and now DOOM.

I think the poster knows that, just lamenting on how we lost an aspect of the game after every season.

Opinions on the new shadow moves effects? It's purple for everyone now rather than the misty afterimage of the character. Personally I prefer the old one, but perhaps it's for clarity's sake?

I think part of it has to do with the uncertainty of KI's future in the eyes of Microsoft. They probably asked him way too late to be a part S3. The lack of faith from higher ups at MS is incredibly frustrating and it seems like we lost Double Helix and Mick because they couldn't commit to multiple seasons until they saw success. Obviously no one besides the guys involved in development know what goes on behind the scenes, but the passion we saw from both DH and Mick would make it seem like they would have been more than willing to do multiple seasons...but if other opportunities pop up and Microsoft is unwilling to commit the talent will leave.

That being said, Iron Galaxy has done a phenomenal job and the game has become something quite amazing. I'm super happy with their work. So far I'm not a fan of the new music, but I hope it sounds better when it's coming out of my TV.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Opinions on the new shadow moves effects? It's purple for everyone now rather than the misty afterimage of the character. Personally I prefer the old one, but perhaps it's for clarity's sake?

I like the old one better, because it seemed more unique. The way shadow moves left a shadowy afterimage on impact, that would then individually fade away... it was nice. But it was also hard to read on lower-quality streams, and it was easy to lose the character in them in such situations.

The new effect separates the character from the effect better. Yet it kind of feels like a Tie-dye bleed effect, which makes me think more of "fancy graphic design" than "violence and rage taking form".

I'll probably grow to like it more once I see it in a playable game in front of me, and see how it works with a wider variety of moves.

Top Bottom