• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 launches on Xbox One and Windows 10 March 29th

Opinions on the new shadow moves effects? It's purple for everyone now rather than the misty afterimage of the character. Personally I prefer the old one, but perhaps it's for clarity's sake?

The video they had on the KI site with Arbiter looked like he was covered in a weird purple goop but then seeing it later on Tusk it looked fine. As long as it's more like the latter than I'm okay with the change, though I didn't have any problems with the old one either.

dankir

Just saw Arbiter's stage ultra, I think it's the funniest one out of all of them so far. TJs stage being the best, Hisako's actually being terrifying and then this one lol.

Just watched the Tusk gameplay/ability showcase and he looks pretty crazy! The dude does a shit ton of damage and his Instinct lets him cancel all his special moves into one another at any time....that's pretty dope. Great range with the sword and his white sword deflect ability seems pretty nice against footsies. Also repeatedly doing his rushing move canceled into overhead while in Instinct move moves him across the screen really quick while still having a large window with this deflect! Dude is gonna be a monster in the right hands and I can't wait to try him out!

I hope the faces get touched up before launch. I don't understand what happened between season 2 ans 3 in that area. Maya and Hisako look great and Kan-Ra and TJ look fine. Kim Wu and Tusk to a lesser extent have faces only a mother could love.

Warxard

Banned
I hope the faces get touched up before launch. I don't understand what happened between season 2 ans 3 in that area. Maya and Hisako look great and Kan-Ra and TJ look fine. Kim Wu and Tusk to a lesser extent have faces only a mother could love.

Kim Wu is fine

Salty Hippo

I keep hearing they're being "super ambitious" with Season 3, but between these awful designs and the lack of stages it just looks like they ran out of money instead.

Oh but we get new lighting. Is that all?

iBlue

Is it gonna follow the same price model like the older seasons? $20 for the 8 characters and $40 for pretty much everything?

Zedox

I keep hearing they're being "super ambitious" with Season 3, but between these awful designs and the lack of stages it just looks like they ran out of money instead.

Uhm...they haven't revealed everything.

Is it gonna follow the same price model like the older seasons? $20 for the 8 characters and $40 for pretty much everything?

Most likely and I'm ready. I'm just mad that it's March 29th...that gives me a week to play it before Quantum Break comes out. WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!?!?!?!?!?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

we are unsure of the pricing

ultra edition was reported to be $30 on shack news, but there hasn't been an announcement from MS yet.

they also reported (again not sure if will end up this way) $60 for all 3 seasons and all costumes excluding KI Arcade (so basically a slightly chopped up ultra complete edition)... which is on par with buying the cheapest version of every season

The GAF hyperbole, unbelievable.
There's still a lot of Killer Instinct Season 3 not yet shown. We've seen 4 characters, 3 stages, re-lighting to the old stages and some pretty substantial balance changes so far. In Season 2, IG introduced more fully fleshed out story modes, Shadow labs (where an AI is programmed to play like a really good version of yourself while you're offline) and very different characters. I expect to be wowed by their content as always.

iBlue

With all this hype anyone down for some KI? i was thinking that after S3 launches we should have a Gaf tournament or something..

My GT is Deap92x

Warxard

Banned

Sometimes I question if gamers are as reactionary and cynical in a public environment as they are on a forum

Dinjoralo

Well, it's about time they started actually promoting the damn game coming to PC. And hey, those system recommendations are light, so maybe it'll run well.

So, uh, how much does it cost to buy most everything? I heard $20 per season earlier, so that'd be $60 for the whole shebang, right?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well, it's about time they started actually promoting the damn game coming to PC. And hey, those system recommendations are light, so maybe it'll run well.

So, uh, how much does it cost to buy most everything? I heard $20 per season earlier, so that'd be $60 for the whole shebang, right?

yup

pricing has not yet been announced yet, so there might be a more favorable "complete" edition

You'd think an event like this would be a good time to reveal everything they intend to do with S3. Guess not.

they don't reveal everything before the season comes out. new modes and features come a little later

Dinjoralo

yup

pricing has not yet been announced yet, so there might be a more favorable "complete" edition

There should be, honestly. It's just coming to a new platform, lots of new people coming in. Now would be the time to wrap everything up with a nice bow.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm pretty stoked for this. The fact that I'm going to be able to use my 360 arcade stick on my PC makes me extremely happy. I'm going to be so bad at this game!

RM8

Does anyone know if the Microsoft Store is region locked? I won't be home by late March and I'd hate not being able to buy the game.

lazyguy

images

Don't get me wrong Ki looks and plays amazing. But both Tusk and that stage just lack any of the visual effect or shading that other stages and characters have. Arbiter's stage looks amazing but Tusk's stage feels and looks flacid.

dankir

Don't get me wrong Ki looks and plays amazing. But both Tusk and that stage just lack any of the visual effect or shading that other stages and characters have. Arbiter's stage looks amazing but Tusk's stage feels and looks flacid.

There's reflections and what not, which you can see in the teaser. Wait until the direct feed stuff comes It'll be just as good as the other stages.

I'm really interested in knowing what explodes, get's destroyed, etc. in his stage once you perform an Ultra.

NaviLink

Quite surprised at the low recommended specs, I should be able to run this just fine on my aging laptop. I just need to upgrade to Win 10 first... reluctantly.

Wow, this game looks fun. Hopefully, they'll actually show off the PC version at least once before it launches.
Kinda weird how there was so little footage and media coming out of the event that came from PC stuff.

I mean, do we have any confirmed PC media yet?

lazyguy

There's reflections and what not, which you can see in the teaser. Wait until the direct feed stuff comes It'll be just as good as the other stages.

I'm really interested in knowing what explodes, get's destroyed, etc. in his stage once you perform an Ultra.
I know it's going to look better, it's how it usually goes with KI. I just saw some Gamespot footage that makes both Tusk and his stage look a bit better.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The new lighting rig shown in the stream was very impressive, all the stages shown look a lot better.

Top Bottom