• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 @ E3 2008 - ONLINE Revealed

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FirewalkR said:
Look at the white space between the E and the x in FedEx, in their logo.

Do you see it?

Congratulations, your world has changed.
Okay, fuck yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou............

WHAT THE FUCKA=jfioasjfodsafvgbxcnhx n n

Tideas

Banned
I don't get it. Why are ppl so butt-anal over the AI? I mean, do fanboys (from both side) need something in order to have fodder for forum wars?

Seriously...CoD4 AI was nonexistent, yet it didn't prevent that game from being one most exciting FPS last year. Or even this gen.

Honestly, no game is ever gonna be perfect. just take it as it comes and stop trying ti nitpick. There's always gonna be a fault.

Tideas said:
I don't get it. Why are ppl so butt-anal over the AI? I mean, do fanboys (from both side) need something in order to have fodder for forum wars?

Seriously...CoD4 AI was nonexistent, yet it didn't prevent that game from being one most exciting FPS last year. Or even this gen.

Honestly, no game is ever gonna be perfect. just take it as it comes and stop trying ti nitpick. There's always gonna be a fault.

I think it's a mixture of things really. KZ1 was hyped and didn't produce. The E305 CGI issue. It being Sony's flagship killer FPS for the PS3. There's a lot of hype surrounding this game and people naturally expect greatness and will settle for nothing less.

I've personally been blown away and am more excited for this game than any(LBP is up there). Still ... for whatever reason, the history of this game has created some rather difficult hurdles for it to jump before it can be considered a success by the critics. Sad really.

Tideas

Banned
Fenderputty said:
I think it's a mixture of things really. KZ1 was hyped and didn't produce. The E305 CGI issue. It being Sony's flagship killer FPS for the PS3. There's a lot of hype surrounding this game and people naturally expect greatness and will settle for nothing less.

I've personally been blown away and am more excited for this game than any(LBP is up there). Still ... for whatever reason, the history of this game has created some rather difficult hurdles for it to jump before it can be considered a success by the critics. Sad really.

does it matter if it's considered a success by critics as long as it sells a bazillion copies and you enjoy it?

Does someone elses opinion stop you from having fun?

Tideas said:
does it matter if it's considered a success by critics as long as it sells a bazillion copies and you enjoy it?

Does someone elses opinion stop you from having fun?

For me, no. I don't even really think it's fair. Like I said, from what I've seen the game looks phenomenal and I'm getting it day one. The MP reveal was like a god-send to me. I don't even think the AI looks bad.

I just think those factors play into why people are so critical. When I say critic, I'm also speaking of the non-press gamers who get caught up in all the crap as well. I'm sure you've read all the "I'm just not so sure about the gameplay" comments on this board and others. This game is just surrounded by cynicism.

test_account

XP-39C²
FirewalkR said:
Look at the white space between the E and the x in FedEx, in their logo.

Do you see it?

Congratulations, your world has changed.
I never noticed that before (i havnt seen the FedEx logo THAT many times though). I wonder if FedEx made this arrow like this on purpose :) Thanks for the info about this arrow by the way! :)

Damn, that ban was painful! Anyway I'm really sorry about that shit post comparing KZ2 to Lair. I'm sure Guerrilla's hiding the best environments for later and we've only seen a couple of the first hours so far. I don't even own a PS3 (and probably won't until BC is back; never owned a PS2 either) so I should never talk shit again about a console I've never even touched again on this site. Later.

LazerShark said:
Damn, that ban was painful! Anyway I'm really sorry about that shit post comparing KZ2 to Lair. I'm sure Guerrilla's hiding the best environments for later and we've only seen a couple of the first hours so far. I don't even own a PS3 (and probably won't until BC is back; never owned a PS2 either) so I should never talk shit again about a console I've never even touched again on this site. Later.

BC is back and has been back since June 12.

BC will disappear come early September and it won't be coming back.

FirewalkR

LazerShark said:

Was there by any chance a mod pointing a gun at you or something while you wrote that? :lol

oneHeero

Why the fuck is it that EVERYONE person ever recorded playing KZ2 is shitty as fuck @ FPS?

I mean ffs no one can aim, people sit behind shit forever like they are unsure of what to do, bad use of grenades, rarely pick up weapons, dont do much in the game, etc. Its horrible.

I;d even try to kill myself in the demo to see what happens, or if its possible. If its not go guns blazing and see what happens when your in the middle. Go up to enemies and take swings @ them, etc.

Its fucken ridiculous that majority of people who play are so horrible @ games.

I sowwy i get upset easily and for stupid things :(

Tideas

Banned
FirewalkR said:
Was there by any chance a mod pointing a gun at you or something while you wrote that? :lol

i was actually thinking that, lol. It's like he's reading a note...while on camera...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Tideas said:

I love how it always has to be about trolling or forum wars, there can never be something actually wrong with the game.

Either way the new video does look VERY good. It makes me feel so much better seeing that. They blindfired, they took cover, they flanked. Good looking stuff for a game on normal.

Nooreo

nib95 said:
I personally think KZ2 uses geometry and lighting hax.

7.jpg

...Their is a god....

Tideas

Banned
msdstc said:
I love how it always has to be about trolling or forum wars, there can never be something actually wrong with the game.

Either way the new video does look VERY good. It makes me feel so much better seeing that. They blindfired, they took cover, they flanked. Good looking stuff for a game on normal.

I never said trolling. I said fodder for forum wars, which is what I've been reading this entire time.

Sure, there can be things wrong with a game, but all of you seem to be almost nitpicking to the point of, a game is not even fun anymore.

Every game is gonna have fault. What most of you guys are doing is that, you try to look for faults when it isn't there, or there is no logical reason to support it being there.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Anybody hear that little bit about body count(deathmatch) switching right into assassin? Sounds awesome, but I hope it's somewhat like resistance where they seperate objectives from deathmatch games. I really hope hey vary it up a lot though like that. Resistance really only had 2 game types worth playing, CTF, and Meltdown, then of course death match, but that got old fast. If they can put in more game types, it'll keep it from getting old fast.

Clinton514

-ARNiE- said:
http://www.e3coverage.com/E32008/e32008_killzone2.html

Guys this new video is really quite good. In the first section it shows some promising AI. The AI attempts to flank the player when he takes position behind a raised piece of cover. Then when the player kills this guy, a second AI attempts to flank the player. Secondly when the player attempts to shoot a Helghast over cover, the Helghast sprints to a piece of cover which makes it hard for the player to shoot him. The Helghast manages to sprint really fast and gives a sense of ergency. This has really impressed me and i hope GG can build on that.

Another positive is the developer says that Killzone 2 multiplayer will definitely be at Liepzig in a Hands On form. So prepare yourselfs guys, multiplayer impressions incoming from Liepzig, possibly accompanied by a handful of videos.
Kyle is the man. He knows how to talk up a game. :lol

The AI was reacting great but still seemed a bit passive. The Assassination game mode info is new to me. Sounds intense.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Clinton514 said:
Kyle is the man. He knows how to talk up a game. :lol

The AI was reacting great but still seemed a bit passive. The Assassination game mode info is new to me. Sounds intense.

Yeah I mentioned that in my post above. Imagine that.

"I WON! Nice round tea.... oh shit!"

Aaron

oneHeero said:
Why the fuck is it that EVERYONE person ever recorded playing KZ2 is shitty as fuck @ FPS?
Can't speak for others, but the sensitivity setting for the floor demo at E3 was set way too high and the cover system was a bit hard to use. I had some good grenade tosses though. The impacts were a bit disappointing honestly. Problem with a game that looks this good is it raises your expectations for every aspect.

Aaron said:
Can't speak for others, but the sensitivity setting for the floor demo at E3 was set way too high and the cover system was a bit hard to use. I had some good grenade tosses though. The impacts were a bit disappointing honestly. Problem with a game that looks this good is it raises your expectations for every aspect.
Sensitivity for the original was too high as well, imo. Though you could adjust, so it was easy to fix.

Aaron

makingmusic476 said:
Sensitivity for the original was too high as well, imo. Though you could adjust, so it was easy to fix.
Yeah, I think the relatively bad playing is due to being thrown the controller without much setup. I don't think it'll reflect actually playing it at home... though they should really drop the monster closet shit. The original Killzone didn't have that, and was better for it.

jmd494

makingmusic476 said:
Even adjusted ALL THE WAY down it was still far too high. I really hope GG gives us enough range this time...especially after playing MGS4 with its super slow aiming.

PjotrStroganov said:
And it has been criticized objectively. But hey, those points made must be moot because everyone criticizing the game is bashing it.

They're moot because even the developers tell you that the AI is toned down for these shows. When people are trying to get around to as many games as possible they don't want to keep dying over and over in a game.

AmMortal said:
What's up with this A.I thing?

Every page, there's a mention of A.I.

Is OK it has been say that it was tunned down for the demo still the AI look good with enemy's flanking you and taking cover,but some people continue to nip pick it,i am sure that just about every game can be nip pick this way.

SolidSnakex said:
They're moot because even the developers tell you that the AI is toned down for these shows. When people are trying to get around to as many games as possible they don't want to keep dying over and over in a game.

I recall someone saying (who played the game and talked to one of the devs) that the AI hadn't been toned down.

PjotrStroganov said:
I recall someone saying (who played the game and talked to one of the devs) that the AI hadn't been toned down.

It has been posted twice already from the own dev mouth that it was tunned down,still i see no problem since enemy's run for cover and even try to flank you,the same was say about Resistance and those even dodge bullets,is people trying to downplay Sony games without actual good reasons is the only thing i can say.

PjotrStroganov said:

From motherh

"Yes, it was toned down quite a lot. When putting games on pods it is more important for us to show as much of the game as possible, rather than making the life of the person playing it difficult. The demo was fairly tame."

Doubledex

Banned
PjotrStroganov said:
"Yes, it was toned down quite a lot. When putting games on pods it is more important for us to show as much of the game as possible, rather than making the life of the person playing it difficult. The demo was fairly tame."
!

AmMortal said:
kz22229.jpg

Oh God, this is beautiful. This game deserves more then it's getting :(

I hate gaming sites :(

They could match and surpass the E3 2005 trailer and people would still find something to downplay it,on a forum that is OK since is full of fan boys ans sh**,but from magazines and sites this should not be tolerated,i think sites most do a better screening of who they put to write things about games,and kick out any one who show bias toward one console or another.

Some writer even say that Killzone 2 was a poor man COD.:lol yeah that far it has gone this industry.

Doubledex

Banned
Tormentoso said:
They could match and surpass the E3 2005 trailer and people would still find something to downplay it.
And we all know who these guys are.... ;-)
Littleberu said:
IT ARE PRETTY SO IT MUST BE PLAY GOOD! ME AM LOGIC!
I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A UNFINISHED/YET NOT RELEASED GAME, BUT I AM STILL TROLLING GAME. ME AM EXPERT AND LOGIC!

Littleberu said:
IT ARE PRETTY SO IT MUST BE PLAY GOOD! ME AM LOGIC!

"poor man" a copy of a superior product, resembling but not equal to in any respect of it's "expensive" original.

Graphically Killzone is superior. And it seems, from previews, Multiplayer is potentially superior.

Top Bottom