• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flunkie

Banned
Gah, thread's getting spoilery again. Better bail out.. again.

So far I know nothing about anything, and hope to keep it that way. Trying my best to stay on my media blackout (other than the few GIFs I accidentally look at).

Alias03

Just an idea but anyone wanna make/ or would be interested in a "Gaf plays Killzone 1" thread? We are just over a month from release and I think a lot of people are interested in the KZ storyline. I've heard several people in this thread ask if KZ1 is worth it. Would be nice to all play at the same time and share comments and such. What do you guys thing?

Torgo

TTP said:
Just play on Veteran to get that. It's the same trick used by Gears of War: enemies deal more damage to you than you can deal to them with the same amount of hits. Hence you need to use cover, but you also need to expose yourself longer to bring down your target.

Playing KZ2 on Trooper (Normal), ain't playing the real deal IMO. Unless you suck at FPS.

Ditto

SSM25

To people who have played the game; what's the difficulty on the IGN video?, please be easy or normal, it looks too easy. I like my games a little bit difficult so I hope I can enjoy hard and veteran.

SSM25 said:
To people who have played the game; what's the difficulty on the IGN video?, please be easy or normal, it looks too easy. I like my games a little bit difficult so I hope I can enjoy hard and veteran.
I was just thinking that and it has to be normal. Probably for the mini preview.

KZObsessed

GarzaWTF.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
rexor0717 said:
Will be my avitar if I like his character. And a nice "What chu' talkin bout?" will be placed on it.
Would you mind if I used it as an avatar? I was actually planning on using it a few minutes ago.

Dementia

Ah, my first .gif ever... :)

Killzone2deathspray.gif

I love the way the helghast will sometimes spray a few last bullets during their death animation. So badass.:D

Ooooh, and this one.

KZ2bulletspray3.gif

Rikyfree said:
But..bu..but the ps3....
and...the..r..r..rammm...

H..Howww?

Usually the textures in FPS don't really matter for me, usually they look ok but pale in comparison to many other titles. This just looks insane. :D

Schrade

I have been having trouble downloading demos from the PSN lately, so I'm worried about Killzone 2. Maybe I should just restart my router, but it's weird because I usually have no problems with my connection.

My demo code taunts me from my shelf.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Clinton514 said:
So I'm assuming everyone heard that Jeff responded that there is no CE :(

Shame...but it's all good. KZ2 is near.

That is fucking retarded. Perhaps we should start asking if any marketing is planned...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Iain Howe said:
That is fucking retarded. Perhaps we should start asking if any marketing is planned...

Indeed. What did they expect? GG to do all the marketing work as well? Bringing a limited edition is totally SCEE marketing responsability. Goddammit I'm pissed.

There is no collector’s edition slated for Killzone 2. Guerrilla Games has put all of their effort into creating this masterpiece of a game, so we didn’t actively pursue a CE.

How does this answer make ANY bit of sense???

Guerilla doesn't handle the marketing....the development of KILLZONE 2 should have absolutely no affect on the development of a collector's edition.

Sony's marketing department just seems completely clueless, yet again. Microsoft builds up tremendous hype for their games through collector's editions and so forth. With the art and style of Killzone 2, they could have really put together something cool.

Oh well, they just lost an extra $10-20 they could have had from me.

What a wasted opportunity...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Private Hoffman said:
How does this answer make ANY bit of sense???

Guerilla doesn't handle the marketing....the development of KILLZONE 2 should have absolutely no affect on the development of a collector's edition.

Sony's marketing department just seems completely clueless, yet again. Microsoft builds up tremendous hype for their games through collector's editions and so forth. With the art and style of Killzone 2, they could have really put together something cool.

Oh well, they just lost an extra $10-20 they could have had from me.

What a wasted opportunity...

Let's not forget they did the same with LittleBigPlanet. No CE, no real Sackboy, not even a sticker to put on the fridge. Sony marketing is really depressing.

alba

Little is the new Big
TTP said:
Indeed. What did they expect? GG to do all the marketing work as well? Bringing a limited edition is totally SCEE marketing responsability. Goddammit I'm pissed.

Same, god FUCKING DAMNIT SCEE... you're so fucking worthless.

lupinko

How SCEA can do a R2 CE but not a KZ2 CE is beyond me.

And I see that this is probably a SCEE decision since it is their game, whereas Resistance is SCEA's.

I like R2 also, so I'm not trying to start anything, just saying.

Schrade

Where's chubigans when you need him? We need him to draw one of his awesome drawings of the SCEE monkey failing at a Killzone 2 CE release.

He's banned, isn't he? :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Schrade said:
Where's chubigans when you need him? We need him to draw one of his awesome drawings of the SCEE monkey failing at a Killzone 2 CE release.

He's banned, isn't he? :(

Yes :(

Until March I think. Like Wollan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom